Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 15,873

TuVictus

Yeah, let Star Fox rest for a bit. Zero definitely does not need to be ported over. Ever.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

There you go, it's 3pm UK time and no sign of Direct announcement.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Krull

Yeah, it's not happening tomorrow, is it? Thinking about it, though, which is more likely: let Reggie have a final hurrah, or give Bowser a clean slate to kick things off?

It is fruitless to speculate about these dates, but it's fun, so here's my totally unfounded conjecture. Atlus is supposed to revealing more about Persona 5 S on April 25. Could that coincide with a Nintendo Direct?

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

JoeDiddley

@Krull I certainly hope so.

It’s fun speculating, I just try and not be too disappointed if a Direct doesn’t come when we hope it will.

The unpredictability is part of the fun!

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

ilikeike

I'm calling it now: no direct tomorrow, but instead, Nintendo will post another video featuring Reggie talking about his wonderful memories at Nintendo and saying farewell to the fans, but before he leaves he announces that Mother 3 is available now for Nintendo Switch, free for all NSO subscribers.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Anti-Matter

I just wonder, what so special from Mother 3 ?
Is that GBA game long long time ago without English version ?

Anti-Matter

Magician

Nintendo's E3 Direct is less than a month away now.

At this point I doubt we'll even get a mini Direct between now and then.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

Yeah, I think they'll randomly announce the Switch Mini in a trailer one day and that'll be it until E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

My favorite thread has Been resurrected 😁. My only hope is for prime trilogy to be announced. and maybe a couple 2020 game trailers we don't know about. Everything else is just extra goodies

NintendoByNature

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Magician wrote:

Yeah, I think they save now the powder for an E3 direct. Though I admit I prefer it that way, now they will have something to fire out of the cannons and or confirm some release dates to go with the presentations.

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Lemmy_the_Koopa wrote:

Magician wrote:

Yeah, I think they save now the powder for an E3 direct. Though I admit I prefer it that way, now they will have something to fire out of the cannons and or confirm some release dates to go with the presentations.

Well, apart from the dedicated Mario Maker 2 Direct that is, which means Nintendo can focus more on other games. Win-Win for all.

Lemmy_the_Koopa

Magician

Less than few minutes now.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

Much more content than I expected. I have little doubt that SMM2 will sell over 10 million copies through the life of the Switch. The game looks great. And I don't mind that shared courses are locked behind a paywall. Nintendo needs to get those NSO sub numbers up to appease investors.

Now then, how many days until E3?

Magician

Tick tock tick tock, twenty days and counting until the Nintendo E3 Direct.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

NintendoByNature

More and more I'm thinking cadence of hyrule and king of cards are going to be shadow drops during e3.

NintendoByNature

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

More and more I'm thinking cadence of hyrule and king of cards are going to be shadow drops during e3.

I think that's a good bet. I'm also fairly certain that Nintendo will shadow drop a demo for SMM2 for maximum exposure proceeding the game's upcoming release on the 28th.

Edited on by Magician

NintendoByNature

@Magician yea i can see that too. Suprised that they didn't have that drop in the mm2 direct but maybe thats why. Saving it for an e3 suprise. My absolute most important (wishful) announcement though is a Metroid prime trilogy announcement. Physical would be cool but that just means we have to wait longer it, unless they say" out in July or August " which would already pack the summer even more. But MPT announcement with "out now" would have me falling out of my chair grabbing my credit card.

NintendoByNature

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Magician yea i can see that too. Suprised that they didn't have that drop in the mm2 direct but maybe thats why. Saving it for an e3 suprise. My absolute most important (wishful) announcement though is a Metroid prime trilogy announcement. Physical would be cool but that just means we have to wait longer it, unless they say" out in July or August " which would already pack the summer even more. But MPT announcement with "out now" would have me falling out of my chair grabbing my credit card.

I share your optimism for the Prime Trilogy, but I get the feeling that Nintendo is going to be cruel and withhold it as a 2020 release. Because right now 2020 is pretty barren. We'll probably get zero news on Bayonetta 3 and Shin Megami Tensei V as they're surely 2020 (or later) games. And because Q2 and Q3 are booked solid with releases, I wouldn't be surprised if Dragon Quest XI slipped into early 2020 as well.

NintendoByNature

Yeesh you're probably right and I guess i wouldn't complain if some slipped considering how packed this year already is. Worst case I'll just grab mpt on Wii u when e3 ends and if there's no announcement. But as for bayo3 , that would be a sweet October release for Halloween due to the nature of the game(witches demons and what not). Then again I wouldn't complain about November or December release. If you were to hit me a dose of realistic syrum, I think it's 2020 release.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

As much as I'd love Bayonetta 3 to make it this year, @NintendoByNature, I think that looks unlikely.... I'd really like DQXI to Switch this year, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic