Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 15,874

Grumblevolcano

Star Fox Grand Prix is kind of real but rather than a full game by Retro like the rumours suggested, it's a free update for Starlink.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano That doesn't make it real. It's not called Star Fox Grand Prix. It's not developed by Retro. It technically isn't even a Star Fox game, it's Starlink. It's not even a new game, it's DLC. And it isn't even a racing thing like the name suggests, it's just extra Star Fox content with the rabbit, bird and frog.

Octane

SKTTR

Bolt_Strike wrote:

seriously, anime RPGs are to Nintendo what FPS games are to Microsoft and Sony, they're so oversaturated

Have you experienced the N64 era? The N64 was the console to own when you wanted the best first person shooters (and the best racing games and the best platformers). But you needed to have a Playstation to get all the best anime RPGs (except Paper Mario and Ogre Battle 64) and all the best fighting games (except Killer Instinct Gold and Super Smash Bros.)
Times change. The genre balance swung over since.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Grumblevolcano

@Octane There's 3 parts to the update:

• Peppy, Slippy and Falco + Star Wolf missions
  • Starship races
  • Faction missions

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

toiletduck

SKTTR wrote:

Nintendo Direct 2019.02.13 Reaction / blog.

I absolutely loved reading this, even though I don't fully agree with you

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

bluemage1989

@baller98 you know hed been around here a lot in the WiiU days and was just a normal guy know inside bs and then disappeared only to reappear now in this thread. Very strange.

bluemage1989

Magician

So, roughly thirty minutes for tomorrow's Nindies Direct eh?

Assuming that there'll be a sizzle reel or two in there that's what...twenty plus games?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

troy258

@magician I'm going to watch it but I don't expect anything good to come out of it. I think that there are only going to be 10 games. I know that I'm a bit negative, and I don't have a problem with indies but I think it's very important to keep our expectations in check and the previous presentations have all disappointed me. But we will just wait and see, I'm actually expecting more from Google's presentation today.

troy258

Magician

@troy258 - due to the length of this Direct the wild speculation is that tomorrow is the day Nintendo shows Cuphead and Ori and the Blind Forest for Switch, making the lovefest between MS and Nintendo official.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

troy258

@magician I'm really not expecting it tommorow, a lot of people would be more hyped for those games than the ones they have shown in directs like dead by daylight or katamari reroll. I don't consider Ori or Cuphead indies at this point. But I could be wrong. Still a lot of people may expect them to be there tommorrow so it will probably lead to dissapointment and anger if they aren't there. I'm not hoping or expecting them and I suggest we all shouldn't.

troy258

Anti-Matter

I really hope there is at least 1 indie game i will like from the Direct and also will be released in physical media in the future.

Anti-Matter

OorWullie

Could tomorrow finally be the day we see a new game from Shinen? It's been 2 years since FAST RMX released, which itself was an expanded and remastered port of a 2015 game. There was also the port of Art of Balance but I can't imagine that took much work. They said a few months after the Switch launched that they'd been working on their new game from before FAST RMX even released and that it is "quite different to anything we have done before".

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

NintendoByNature

Kinda wana hear more about oceanhorn 2 and if it'll come to switch. That'll be a win in my book. Looks awesome but haven't heard squat about it in forever

NintendoByNature

SuperMushHill

My bet's on Shovel Knight campaigns and maybe that new game Yacht Club Games teased.

SuperMushHill

Switch Friend Code: SW-5550-3190-0157

Magician

My guesses for the Direct? Terraria, Catan, Streets of Rage 4, Kentucky Route Zero, 1001 Spikes, Cat Quest II, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Castle Crashers, Diluvion, and A Hat in Time...for my top ten. But with a runtime of half an hour there should be many more games than these.

Krull

Is there likely to be any overlap with the Nintendo Europe Nindiecast? I'd like to see a release date for Cross Code. Otherwise, hopefully it's all new, and surprising, stuff. Be good to see Lucas Pope's games hit Nintendo. I probably wouldn't double-dip on Papers, Please, but I'd love to see Return of the Obra Dinn come to Switch.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

NintendoByNature

Rumor mills churning. Next direct incoming soon? I guess we'll find out in the near future....hopefully 🤑

NintendoByNature

DTMOF84

I saw Spawn Wave mention it on Twitter.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

NintendoByNature

I just watched his video on it. Or at least most of it before i got side tracked lol

NintendoByNature

Diddy64

Last Direct was in February right? If that's the case then I don't know if we'll have a full direct in this month. If it happens, it will probably be a Direct Mini.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic