Forums

Topic: Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online

Posts 201 to 220 of 289

Nemodius

@misanthrope River City Ransom was never really my thang, but cool that you got more games than expected

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

misanthrope

@jhewitt3476 dag man... I mean I guess if you excluded that game, the lineup pretty much sucks... but hopefully you can at least appreciate that they gave us the greatest game of all time

but i feel you... I was severely disappointed that we got Tecmo Bowl instead of Tecmo Super Bowl

Edited on by misanthrope

misanthrope

Nemodius

@misanthrope I think they just could have done a better job on popular titles and a better number, there's literally many hundreds of NES (physical) titles, more than any other (NON-PC) system in history, yet they offer a paltry 20 ??? and even then, only about 1/4 are really desirable

(btw: the reference to "1/4 of titles are really desirable" is a relative statement, those 5-6 games some like, may not be the same 5-6 games someone else likes on the selection, it is solely based on the average player's preference on what he/she would have liked to have seen as an opening offer)

hopefully it will grow exponentially and I REALLY hope they intend on adding other systems of greater than 8bit, otherwise why waste the customer's time and money at all ???

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

1UP_MARIO

Look at it this way. The 20 nes games are a bonus the real deal is the online and cloud backup.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

misanthrope

@jhewitt3476 well i was under the impression they will constantly be rotating these titles out.. which is why they only give a handful at a time.

misanthrope

Dogorilla

jhewitt3476 wrote:

anyone know (not hopes, assumptions or rumors) what games will be added to the NES roster ???

@jhewitt3476 There are 3 new games coming each month; so far the games for the next 3 months have been announced:
October: NES Open Tournament Golf, Solomon's Key, Super Dodge Ball
November: Metroid, Mighty Bomb Jack, TwinBee
December: Adventures of Lolo, Ninja Gaiden, Wario's Woods

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

HobbitGamer

The only thing I wished they had added to these NES games is a leaderboard. That would be cool.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@misanthrope That was the old system, Nintendo changed it when they delayed the paid online to this year. It used to be NES and SNES games which would rotate each month but now it's NES only with games being added rather than swapped.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

misanthrope

@subpopz I hope thats correct, because it would be frustrating to see them remove River City Ransom.

The only thing I want them to remove is the constant UI on the screen.

@Grumblevolcano ohhh ok, so thats where i had that idea in my head.

Edited on by misanthrope

misanthrope

Late

I've been playing a lot of Dr. Mario. It took me quite a few hours but I was able to beat the first 20 stages on normal. I did fine until level 18 but then it became really hard and it took me more time to clear the last 3 stages than what it took for me to beat the previous stages. I'm not ready to increase the difficulty so I decided to lower it instead. Now it's way too slow but at least I should be able to clear the stages after level 20.

@DarthNocturnal I remember Nintendo's website mentioning NES and SNES games back when they first announed paid online but they removed the word SNES at some point. I'd guess it had something to do with the SNES Classic. They'll probably add games SNES games once they've sold as many Classic systems as possible. They have new controller icons for more than just the new NES controllers after all.

EDIT: Found a screenshot of the website before it was changed.

Untitled

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

FaeKnight

You know, I may have been playing NES games a bit too much lately. (as well as Splatoon 2) Last night I dreamed that inklings were running around the Mushroom Kingdom splatting goombas and koopa troopas with ink before challenging Mario and Luigi to a rousing game of ice hockey, followed up by them riding pixelated motorcycles all across Hyrule and shooting ink at octos and Link.

Actually, I find myself playing NES games more often then anything else in my game library on any of my consoles.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

Yeahhh, that's a bit much going on in your noggin'.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

toiletduck

@FaeKnight you could consider playing less NES and Splatoon or you should pick another career...

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

FaeKnight

My current career is "unpaid freelance writer who washes dishes to pay the bills". I play video games as a hobby. Well, technically I write as a hobby too (and post my work online at various sites).

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

toiletduck

@FaeKnight so write game scripts as a hobby. Who knows where your dreams will lead you

toiletduck

Late

What do people think will happen with the NES online game selection when it comes to different regions? It occurred to me yesterday that there's a chance that Japan gets games like Famicom Wars and Fire Emblem while we don't. And I think it'd be awesome. People disliked when the Virtual Console titles varied between regions but now we have region free access to all NES games so I'd be down to having some different games pop up between regions. So far, the next 3 months seem to have same games for Japan though.

It's its, not it's.

toiletduck

Lol, never realized the Fire Emblem franchise is so old! Thought it was something from the GBA era or something.

toiletduck

Late

@ReaderRagfish I'd personally have no problem playing Fire Emblem in Japanese. I've played Japanese games before and I've recently studied hiragana and katakana so I can make sense of some of the words. I'm from Finland and I've been playing RPGs way before I learned English as well. The story is something I wouldn't be able to understand but it's not a huge loss for me. Especially since the NES Fire Emblems have been remade and I own both Shadow Dragon and Echoes.

@toiletduck The series started on NES but didn't come to west until Marth's and Roy's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee raised interest in the series. Fire Emblem (The Blazing Blade) on GBA was the first Fire Emblem game released in the west. That's the reason you associated Fire Emblem's beginnings with GBA.

It's its, not it's.

OX47

My favorite nes game is smb3. I remember getting it one sunday and playing it with my 2 sisters. My babysitter was really good at this game and showed me the ropes on how to beat it easily. In fact (if im not mistaken) it was the first game i ever beat by myself. I remember how proud i was at the time.

Now that the game has online coop i really want to play it with someone to see other players strategies in beating it. My way is collecting all the special powerups until i have enough to breeze through world 8. I know. Lame. But i have a good time doing it that way so thats all that counts.

SW-3252-5596-2904

EvilLucario

GBA Mario 3 was my go-to version. Voice acting, had the better graphics of the All-Stars version, the E-Reader, saving replays of levels, the works.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.