Forums

Topic: Nintendo Entertainment System - Nintendo Switch Online

Posts 161 to 180 of 289

FaeKnight

I've always been annoyed at team sports games like football (American) or Soccer where you have to control one specific player. Especially if the controls are weird and obtuse like in Tecmo Bowl. But coach mode lets me enjoy the game by turning it into a strategic affair rather then "whoever knows the controls the best will win".

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

Oh, I’m the same way. I actually just played First Week (CHI v MIA) and had so much fun just trying to think like “Okay, it’s 2nd and 7, so I can chance a sack attempt” and things like that. In Madden, I enjoyed franchise mode more than just games since I could manage more.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Alantor28

Never say never. It's a huge possbility we will see SNES, N64 and Gamecube games on the Switch's Online Service in the future.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

GameOtaku

I'd just like to be able to access the nes games but not subscribe to the service, something along how it was originally where you could purchase the games offered before they were swapped out. Ideally if you purchased the games on vc in the past and have your accounts linked (like my 3ds account is tied to my switchs) you should get the games for free. Although a one time fee to upgrade purchased classic games to the next console I would not complain about.

GameOtaku

SuperWeird

Playing NES games online with my sibling, like we used to do on the floor when we were kids, is pretty sweet.

I do think it's lame we can't play online with randoms, but if you have someone to play with these NES classics are a treat. Looking forward to more, especially 2-player games.

SuperWeird

SKTTR

Best-Selling NES Games on Switch:

01. 40.240.000 - Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
02. 18.000.000 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo)
03. 6.510.000 - The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo)
04. 4.850.000 - Dr. Mario (Nintendo)
05. 4.160.000 - Excitebike (Nintendo)
06. 3.200.000 - Baseball (Nintendo)
07. 2.420.000 - Ice Hockey (Nintendo)
08. 2.400.000 - Pro Wrestling (Nintendo)
09. 2.280.000 - Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
10. 2.170.000 - Tennis (Nintendo)
11. 1.960.000 - Soccer (Nintendo)
12. 1.750.000 - Yoshi (Nintendo)
13. 1.640.000 - Ghosts'n Goblins (Capcom)
14. 1.500.000 - Ice Climber (Nintendo)
15. 1.130.000 - Donkey Kong (Nintendo)
16. 1.000.000 - Gradius (Konami)
No data on Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Balloon Fight, Tecmo Bowl (but all were extremely popular back then).

Also, Donkey Kong is only so low because there was a NES game called Donkey Kong Classics, a collection that contained both the Donkey Kong we have here and Donkey Kong Jr. It sold 1.560.000 units.

Quarth wrote:

• The puzzle games Dr. Mario and Yoshi are more fun on GB.

The Game Boy versions of Dr. Mario and Yoshi are 100% identical to the NES versions. With the exception that the NES versions can be played with 2 players splitscreen and have color.

If you don't care about multiplayer and love black&white/GB-green I can see why it's more fun on there.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

GameOtaku

@subpooz
Limited data plan, horrible service out in the country. I like to own, not rent. There's a big difference, one you are at the mercy of the company to decide what games are on the service snd if they are removed from the current service you'd not be able to get them back, the biggest majority of the games currently available and the upcoming ones I would never play so they are just taking up space. If I could pick and choose my library and had ownership it would be so much more ideal.

And I'm buying into an online plan that wouldn't even be used.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

HobbitGamer

Theeen, don’t buy it. Right?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GameOtaku

@HobbitGamer
So where does that leave people that only want the nes (and possibly other classic) games and not buy into a subscription service? If they had a layout where you could go and buy individual titles rather than rent (someone calculated $.38 per game with all games released this year if on a year sub) and play offline with no checks. (Ideally it'd be more consumer friendly to add games you already purchased for free or as I suggested a one time fee to upgrade games.)

By the way it's ridiculous to have to give a credit card or Paypal info just to use a free trial. I'm not going to put out that info to Nintendo,No PayPal and definitely not my credit debit info for them to be hacked and have my hard earned money stolen!

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

ValhallaOutcast

SKTTR wrote:

Best-Selling NES Games on Switch:

01. 40.240.000 - Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
02. 18.000.000 - Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo)
03. 6.510.000 - The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo)
04. 4.850.000 - Dr. Mario (Nintendo)
05. 4.160.000 - Excitebike (Nintendo)
06. 3.200.000 - Baseball (Nintendo)
07. 2.420.000 - Ice Hockey (Nintendo)
08. 2.400.000 - Pro Wrestling (Nintendo)
09. 2.280.000 - Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
10. 2.170.000 - Tennis (Nintendo)
11. 1.960.000 - Soccer (Nintendo)
12. 1.750.000 - Yoshi (Nintendo)
13. 1.640.000 - Ghosts'n Goblins (Capcom)
14. 1.500.000 - Ice Climber (Nintendo)
15. 1.130.000 - Donkey Kong (Nintendo)
16. 1.000.000 - Gradius (Konami)
No data on Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Balloon Fight, Tecmo Bowl (but all were extremely popular back then).

Also, Donkey Kong is only so low because there was a game called Donkey Kong Classics, a collection that contained both the Donkey Kong we have here and Donkey Kong Jr. It sold 1.560.000 units.

Quarth wrote:

• The puzzle games Dr. Mario and Yoshi are more fun on GB.

The Game Boy versions of Dr. Mario and Yoshi are 100% identical to the NES versions. With the exception that the NES versions can be played with 2 players splitscreen and have color.

If you don't care about multiplayer and love black&white/GB-green I can see why it's more fun on there.

interesting no wonder they were in the first 20 games chosen

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

HobbitGamer

@GameOtaku Then the folks that want to play the NES games on Switch pay up and get the online sub.
I mean, that’s all there is to it at this point. Folks wanted a Netflix-style catalogue of games when VC existed and they got it. Now that it’s here, folks want VC instead.

I also can’t think of any subscription service that offers a free trial and doesn’t require a card on file.

#MudStrongs

1UP_MARIO

@GameOtaku best to buy a 3ds and play the nes games there. Nes games are great on the 3ds.
I think most people buy the online sub to play their Nintendo switch online games and not the nes

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

GameOtaku

@HobbitGamer
No one that I know personally likes the idea of nesflix. How many games in the years sub would you really play vs how many would never be touched?

@1UP_MARIO
I've a 3ds and s large collection of nes, Gameboy and Game gear vc titles. However a lot of the titles I'd love to own are locked behind wiiu (like both star tropics and double dragon 3) for no good reason at all. On my vita the games I previously bought on psp I could redownload at no cost so I could play classic psone games again line parasite eve and both corpse party games.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

GameOtaku

@ReaderRagfish
Not if you only rent them! In 5 years time you'd spend over $100 on rental games! $100 on games you don't own! Clearly most of the people that subscribe to sub services like psplus and Xbox live have very posh jobs or just believe in throwing money away quite frivolously. I'd have quite a substantial retro collection for $100 and never see games like ice hockey, tecmo bowl or solomons key.

@Yosheel
Are you still going to say it's impossible when it could. Or do you just like being contrary?

GameOtaku

ValhallaOutcast

@GameOtaku not much different than people who re-bought those games every 5 years on VC

GameOtaku

@ValhallaOutcast
Vc was only on 2 generations of Nintendo consoles (Wii and 3ds/wiiu) so I kinda gave them a pass since it's the first time a service like this existed on a Nintendo console so crossbuy was a foreign concept to them unlike Sony. But those games you don't need a sub to neither do you have to log in every week just to get the OK from big daddy Nintendo asking for permission if it's ok to play games or not.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

ValhallaOutcast

If Switch had VC instead of what we got it be 3 times 12 years , so ya we would have been renting them for 5 years

I get you dont like it but VC was not any better

FaeKnight

GameOtaku wrote:

@HobbitGamer
So where does that leave people that only want the nes (and possibly other classic) games and not buy into a subscription service? If they had a layout where you could go and buy individual titles rather than rent (someone calculated $.38 per game with all games released this year if on a year sub) and play offline with no checks. (Ideally it'd be more consumer friendly to add games you already purchased for free or as I suggested a one time fee to upgrade games.)

By the way it's ridiculous to have to give a credit card or Paypal info just to use a free trial. I'm not going to put out that info to Nintendo,No PayPal and definitely not my credit debit info for them to be hacked and have my hard earned money stolen!

Maybe the same place they were in before? You know, buy on a different console, buy the NES or SNES Classic/Mini, or track down a NES/SNES console that's been modified with modern HDMI output and working copies of the game carts you want... The same options that existed before this service for those who want to own the games.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

whatever. I’m happy with my sub. I knew I’d eventually need it to play online, and I play online. Resolved. Oh, free NES games to play since I’m already subscribed to the online service for a different reason? Thanks, that’s a nice added value.
That’s it, that’s where I stand on it. I’m not going to debate merits for or against it, because I have found value for my purchase.

#MudStrongs

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.