Forums

Topic: NBA Playgrounds

Posts 241 to 260 of 305

Spoony_Tech

Glad to see they're now taking it more seriously. At least before it didn't seem so. Too bad I've kinda moved on. Might play from time to time again though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

bluedogrulez

I'm all for a new rebounding system...so sick of Pat Ewing getting out-rebounded by John Stockton. And the 3-point competition looks like fun.

And while I am still likely free points for you all, the highlight of my weekend (yep) was taking down a player with a rank of 3600+. He missed three consecutive 3 pointers in the finals seconds to lose to me by 2.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Filth_Element

Just went back to this game after a long time away. I used to read everyone's posts about the 3 pointers being a disaster and chuckle to myself as I found it not bad at all just watch for the player to get to around the highest point and let go.
I didn't play for a while and now with that pop up bar to show you where the sweet spot is...... I f ing hate it! They have completely ruined it, it's now harder than ever to get a 3 pointer. What a joke I'm sorry but for those that have complemented them for this addition I find it all wrong. I'm so annoyed by it now, what was an enjoyable experience has now become a frustration and I'm forced to play a mini game of watch the bar for my 3 pointers. Wish I could turn it off. Or at least go back to the last firmware as I was so much happier.
Anyway had to vent.

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

Murph

Filth_Element wrote:

Just went back to this game after a long time away. I used to read everyone's posts about the 3 pointers being a disaster and chuckle to myself as I found it not bad at all just watch for the player to get to around the highest point and let go.
I didn't play for a while and now with that pop up bar to show you where the sweet spot is...... I f ing hate it! They have completely ruined it, it's now harder than ever to get a 3 pointer. What a joke I'm sorry but for those that have complemented them for this addition I find it all wrong. I'm so annoyed by it now, what was an enjoyable experience has now become a frustration and I'm forced to play a mini game of watch the bar for my 3 pointers. Wish I could turn it off.

You can turn off the Shot Meter in Options.

XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murpgh_1
Switch: 8125-7768-9102
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1

Spoony_Tech

Murph wrote:

Filth_Element wrote:

I didn't play for a while and now with that pop up bar to show you where the sweet spot is...... I f ing hate it! They have completely ruined it, it's now harder than ever to get a 3 pointer. What a joke I'm sorry but for those that have complemented them for this addition I find it all wrong. I'm so annoyed by it now, what was an enjoyable experience has now become a frustration and I'm forced to play a mini game of watch the bar for my 3 pointers. Wish I could turn it off.

You can turn off the Shot Meter in Options.

Yep, and they nerfed 3 pointers anyways. It was too easy to make them before. Way too easy.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Filth_Element

@Murph really! Oh thank the gaming gods! cheers for that man. I'll get on to it. Whereabouts is it as I did have a quick look at options in frustration but only in the middle of of a match, I couldn't see an option to turn it off.

@Spoony_Tech yeah I didn't find it that bad after the initial change when everyone complained. I was a late purchaser so when I got it they had already apparently nerfed the 3 pointers but that's when I used to find it absolutely fine. That shot meter that now exists though, totally horrible.

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

bluedogrulez

Played a ton this weekend and nearly at Level 50 (can't wait to get a gold pack for the first time in months). Beat a 3900+ player, and lost to a bunch more games to some really low ranked players. For me, comes down to (1) my inconsistent ability to hit 3s (with a 7) and (2) the luck of the power meter.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what good the yellow shoes are? How do I use this seemingly worthless power-up to an advantage?

Spoony_Tech

@bluedogrulez I always thought they gave you unlimited stamina for the duration. Not sure about that though.

MERG said:

bluedogrulez

@Spoony_Tech : So I can perform a bunch of cross-overs and still hit shots or try to block shots and still get rebounds. Any other beneficial use?

MyNameIsRandy

@bluedogrulez
It gives you unlimited stamina so you can always sprint, do crossovers, and attempt steals. I go for a lot of steals when I have it and if I get one sprint down the court for an easy dunk or three pointer.

Switch SW-3961-9294-9210

bluedogrulez

Thanks Randy...excellent advice. I really had come to the point of missing pushes on purpose to get rid of this powerup (and get a better one sooner), but this has me thinking the yellow shoes could work well for me.

Edited on by bluedogrulez

DTMOF84

When is the newest updates coming out?

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
โ˜•๏ธ
๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป

ValhallaOutcast

@DTMOF84 they drop updates for PS4, XB and Steam all the time, I think Switch support has ended, and I think its more on Nintendo's end that's causing issues with the devs

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

ACK

@ValhallaOutcast Yeah, that's BS. No other developer or publisher has claimed any of the issues here. Why give a pass to the one developer treating their Switch game as second-rate?

They weren't prepared and those of us who bought this game in good faith have paid the price. They didn't have to release it in such a sorry state, for one. They did as a cash grab, now these guys simply cashed the checks and bailed.

I suspect they dumped it on the eshop just expecting a decent return with no plans to update it along with the other platforms. It was an quick port on a new console, so easy money. Except it blew up on Switch and then that money wasn't so easy since they had no intent to service those Switch consumers, so plans has to change and resources reallocated to do so.

In the end, they made a small attempt for show to appease the Switch owners, but it was too late because they weren't prepared to maintain this version in the pipeline with PC/PS4/XB1.

The fact they promised a "free" game at first blush should tell us all we need to know. They knew they screwed up, mismanaged the port, and put themselves in a situation with no easy remedy.

If they had planned to service Switch owners on the front end, do you think this would have been the end result. That Nintendo's policies are preventing them from taking care of their customers?

ACK

Twitter:

bluedogrulez

@ACK : I cannot tell you that you are wrong and you make some compelling arguments, but I'd like to think you are incorrect. I was on NBA Playgrounds Facebook page quite a bit and Matt Karch of Saber was one there a ton, interacting with gamers, and openly discussing (what he could) about the process. But who knows.

If this game were a Switch exclusive, I'd be content with the amount of play I got out of it for $20. But it does stink that other consoles are getting all sorts of updates, both free and paid DLC.

Spoony_Tech

Hey, at least we get Shaq Fu for free......

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Too late in my book as I've moved on.

MERG said:

DTMOF84

They haven't posted anything since this have they? Does everyone seem to think it is a whole new version to re-download or what?

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
โ˜•๏ธ
๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป

bluedogrulez

I think it is just another DLC that might bring the Switch game closer to being what it is on other consoles.

DTMOF84

Well I hope itโ€™s worth the wait. I feel like Iโ€™ve had to try and like this game. Iโ€™ve almost deleted it. But afraid if I do that I get the free game their offerjng.

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
โ˜•๏ธ
๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.