Forums

Topic: NBA Playgrounds

Posts 141 to 160 of 305

Spoony_Tech

Didn't even bother with the 15 steals lol. It's still the only one I have left.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I remember when I used to have to beg people to buy some of the best games of the year just because they were 3rd party games on a Nintendo platform.

Now some random NBA game can come out of nowhere, get ok reviews and is seemingly doing well on Nintendo despite being available elsewhere.

I feel like my understanding of reality is being challenged by the Switch. I'm expecting this to sell better than most versions of much more popular sports titles (the EA ones for example) on Nintendo.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

I like my basketball so I may pick up 2k just to show my support but it has to be a good port and not dumbed down too much. I understand graphics are going to take a hit over the big guys but it should still look nice.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Outspoken

@kkslider5552000 I'm not a fan of sports game simulators but i loved nba jam on the snes and street on the ps2.

Another arcade sports game i loved was Nintendo world cup on the NES!

Outspoken

MyNameIsRandy

I would be more likely to get more arcade types sports game. Like the hockey game that's out on other systems and suppose to come to the switch and wrestling/mma like fire pro wrestling

Switch SW-3961-9294-9210

Murph

Still trying to get by Shaq and Iverson in the Vegas Final. They steal everything, they block everything, Shaq hits threes.

XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murpgh_1
Switch: 8125-7768-9102
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1

Spoony_Tech

@Murph Just keep sticking with it. Eventually it just clicks and you know what to do. My advise if you already haven't done so is get the best 3 point shooter and a really good 2 point shooter. Trying to dunk is really hard and it's easier to hit layups as you dont get block nearly as much. I literally run down the court from the inbounds let them try to steal, do a crossover, and either shoot the 3 or do a lay up. I scored nearly every possession and all you have to do is stop them a few times. Half a shot clock helps as I can get them to do a violation almost every time.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

bluedogrulez

Murph wrote:

NBA Playgrounds patch 1.10 is available now for PC users
The following players were added: Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Larry Bird, Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Kenny Smith, Gary Payton, Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, Tony Parker, Kemba Walker, Seth Curry, Tiny Archibald, John Starks, Tracy McGrady, Pete Maravich

Ha! Right on cue with Rodman, Isaiah, Bird and Payton! Okay, which one of you is on the development team, lol?!?

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

Spoony_Tech

bluedogrulez wrote:

Murph wrote:

The following players were added: Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Larry Bird, Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Kenny Smith, Gary Payton, Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, Tony Parker, Kemba Walker, Seth Curry, Tiny Archibald, John Starks, Tracy McGrady, Pete Maravich

Ha! Right on cue with Rodman, Isaiah, Bird and Payton! Okay, which one of you is on the development team, lol?!?

Didn't even notice. All these players are excellent adds as I've wanted and mentioned a few of them. Now which team does Rodman play for. I want him as a Piston but he's probably Chicago.

MERG said:

Ryu_Niiyama

Added: A shot-meter was added to help finding the perfect timing for shots, dunks etc.

This is all I wanted. When it hits switch I'll pick the game up.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ValhallaOutcast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

bluedogrulez wrote:

Murph wrote:

Didn't even notice. All these players are excellent adds as I've wanted and mentioned a few of them. Now which team does Rodman play for. I want him as a Piston but he's probably Chicago.

He is a Piston, but his player card he has the dyed blonde hair which I believe he didn't do while in Detroit

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Spoony_Tech

@ValhallaOutcast You are correct, he didn't get weird till he left Detroit. I think Chuck Daily really mentored him well. When he left he didn't have that any more.

MERG said:

Lethal

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@ValhallaOutcast You are correct, he didn't get weird till he left Detroit. I think Chuck Daily really mentored him well. When he left he didn't have that any more.

I do not think Daily had anything to do with it. Even if Rodman stayed in Detroit he would have eventually started dying his hair and such. Rodman was the same dirty player everywhere he went.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

Spoony_Tech

@Lethal Growing up and watching them everyday I would have to disagree. Rodman was fine in Detroit. Believe it or not he was better then Mahorn and Laimbeer which could be considered dirty players by some. I've read plenty of stories being from that area about Rodman and Daily. He looked to him like a father.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Lethal

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Lethal Growing up and watching them everyday I would have to disagree. Rodman was fine in Detroit. Believe it or not he was better then Mahorn and Laimbeer which could be considered dirty players by some. I've read plenty of stories being from that area about Rodman and Daily. He looked to him like a father.

You might want to replay some of those old tapes then lol. Rodman was a dirty player, especially against the Bulls.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

bluedogrulez

From Christianpost.com: Notably, a specific date for when Update 1.10 may reach the Switch is similarly unavailable at this point, though developers have indicated that the rollout of the update for the different platforms of "NBA Playgrounds" could span "days/weeks."

Really want this 1.10 update . . . even though they nerfed 3-pointers . . . I may finally have to part with Danny Ainge, lol.

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

FGPackers

Online? Undocked graphic improvement? Players added on other systems? Something different only for Switch?

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

ValhallaOutcast

@FGPackers my guess for them to call it a huge announcement its something more than online as that was already a promised feature.

undocked graphics improvement would be my guess ...time will tell

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Spoony_Tech

I'll be happy with that bump in resolution and online. Now if they want to throw in 10 to 20 packs of player cards I wouldn't object. These players are getting too hard to get now.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.