Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,843

FattyWhale_42

@Tsurii I have a room open.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

meleebrawler

@DarthNocturnal For reference, this is the video where gaijinhunter "bashed" XX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Q1Oe5DppU

Frankly the gripes are legitimate, and some can be traced back to vanilla Gen, like the irritating "every individual must post to level up" deviant system, or having so many monsters that can make room searching for anything that isn't the "meta" tough. (Still better than padding out a roster with SUBSPECIES if you ask me, and transmog can help otherwise ignored sets shine in their looks)

Basically, it's just a matter of "if you didn't like Generations for reasons other than the lack of G-Rank, this game likely isn't gonna change your mind".

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Haru17

How much of a tryhard do you have to be that you’re outraged at Gaijinhunter? He’s pointedly inoffensive. It’s like people getting angry at the news because the stories don’t line up with their worldview.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JoyBoy

@Haru17 Which news? CNN or Fox News?

Not sure If I’ll pick this up. It is kinda tempting to have a MH on a portable which isn’t the crampy 3ds. I loved the 3ds, but for Monster Hunter, playing longer than 1 hour was an awful experience.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Aozz101x

I gotta say. i lost all hope for this coming to the west after the reveal of Monster Hunter World.
now i'm a very happy camper. and do plan on buying this first before jumping to MHW hype. so yeah, might be day one. unless Nintendo has something that not a Wii U port by August. (animal crossing please!)

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Um, GajinHunter never said anything like that about XX...he said he was burnt out on the generation once XX released on the Switch. He also said it was still a great game, but compared to other G games, it wasn't THAT great.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

zionich

@FattyWhale_42 ❤❤❤

All the monsters !!!!

I'll be getting MHGU as well for those that want to friend me.

Edited on by zionich

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

toiletduck

I've never played a MH game and I'd actually never heard of it before buying a Switch and joining these forums. The rumours and mentions of the game have interested me ever since, and now that the game is actually announced, I'm more than curious.

Can anyone point me to a short video of an explanation of why this game is good/fun? It seems it's a game like not other, right? Just reading descriptions or watching parts of gameplay videos, don't exactly give me a clear view on what the game is about.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

JoyBoy

@toiletduck I remember Projared on youtube having some good in depth reviews about these games. So you might want to look that up.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Haru17

People talk about the crafting loop, and while it's intuitive I could care less about the RPG side of things because every blasted game is an RPG anymore.

To me Monster Hunter consists of the best boss fights in the medium in one of the few settings I'm interested in within the medium. The combat system is really perfect for fighting things that are much larger than you and feels incredibly satisfying and grounded while also letting you stunt on fools. Most games simply don't know what to do with larger enemies, like how God of War and Bloodborne stop being fun when you're hacking at the shins of bosses that don't have stager animations for the life of them.

The ecosystems are fascinating fantasy and invite you to observe and interact with them. That meshes with the goal of the combat – to observe these monsters and dodge before finding an opening to attack. All of this works because the monster animation is simply better than other action games. They're so characteristic and feel like they're alive to the point where you can feel sympathy for them, which in turn is what teaches you how to fight them.

Oh, and Monster Hunter is a long form game. Don't expect to get it if you aren't willing to invest time.

toiletduck

@Spanjard @Haru17 thanks. I've watched some vids and it looks quite cool. It's a game on its own though, hard to compare with anything else right? One last question: how would you 'classify' the game? As an Action/RPG (because of the progression trees and character development)? Or more an Action/Adventure?

Hopefully there'll be a playable demo. It's always hard to know whether a game like this appeals to me if I haven't played anything like it.

toiletduck

Haru17

@toiletduck I think of Monster Hunter primarily as an action game with some crafting and world building elements that you would typically associate with an RPG.

And there are several MH demos out on 3DS right now. I would recommend sticking to guild style while you're still figuring out your weapon, that's the core of MH combat.

toiletduck

Haru17 wrote:

@toiletduck I think of Monster Hunter primarily as an action game with some crafting and world building elements that you would typically associate with an RPG.

Cool, that would be exactly something that appeals to me.

Haru17 wrote:

And there are several MH demos out on 3DS right now. I would recommend sticking to guild style while you're still figuring out your weapon, that's the core of MH combat.

Didn't think of that, good suggestion. Coincidentally I have my N2DS on me

toiletduck

Howlvania

All I need to know is if Gen Ultimate will add anything more than XX or should I just get the Japanese version now rather than wait.

Any ideas?

Howlvania

Switch Friend Code: sw-4268-5395-1312 | 3DS Friend Code: 1779-0354-7347

Haru17

Generations Ultimate is just the translated version of Double Cross, there shouldn't be any differences outside of maybe some collaborations not releasing in other regions due to license agreements and such.

Of course, with a game as long as Monster Hunter being able to read the oft quagmire-esque menus helps.

Howlvania

I'm upper beginner level at Japanese but I've played a lot of Monster Hunter so I know where everything is. I'll use it as another tool for Japanese immersion.

Another thing is price. 5990yen is about £40, the EU version is probably gonna cost more when its released.

It'll be weird if you can't do online from XX with Gen U players if it's the same game... But XX will probs still be active for a long time anyway (not sure how Nintendo Online will affect it in September). I still find plenty of rooms on 4U even now.

Howlvania

Switch Friend Code: sw-4268-5395-1312 | 3DS Friend Code: 1779-0354-7347

FattyWhale_42

@Tsurii You want me to drag you another couple of ranks? xD

@OutCold I actually have the shout-out: "All of your tails are... belong to kitty! >

FattyWhale_42

FattyWhale_42

@Tsurii Haha. That's fine. You do what you need to do. The monsters will still be there later.

FattyWhale_42

Joeynator3000

...I'm not gonna survive this, I just know it.
Untitled

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic