Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,843

FattyWhale_42

Untitled

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

JaxonH

Crazy Legs MC Hammer dance time!!!

Can't touch this... doot doot doot doot, dum dum, dum dum Can't touch this!!!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

bezerker99

Yosheel wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

You can transfer your 3DS save data to the Switch version!!! YESSSSSSS

That's excellent, is it a full save data transfer? Or just the usual Hunter+money transfer?

I believe it's full save data transfer. But don't quote me on that.

Also, I want to know if I'm able to send my save data back to my 3DS version. I sort of doubt it will.....

MarcelRguez

This is the first chance I have to play a Monster Hunter game at 30fps locked, >480p and in English since the Wii days. Own 3U for Wii U, but I had already played that game to death by the time it arrived to the platform.

Yeah, Capcom should have localized it last year, but who gives a damn. I get to play MH with my buddies again, and without the experience getting dragged down by ancient tech. I'm ecstatic.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Haru17

Uh guys, the 'Capcom gave up on the system because they used X game as a barometer' was used last year. It was based on mistranslated and erroneously reported info and Capcom keep announcing ports of games for the system, which inherently contradicts that speculation.

Anyway, surprised to see this suddenly announced. Capcom's localization team certainly kept it simple with the title convention, although Valstrax is gonna be weird to read for a bit since we saw 'Valphalk' for so long.

I think it's fairly obvious that this game wasn't originally planned to release world wide, but the context of justifying Nintendo's online subscription with a new release makes sense. Hopefully they work out a way to make that convenient by MHGU's (and if that isn't the most meta MH abbreviation you've ever seen) release since you can plug in USB headsets to the Switch dock now.

Oh, and I bet that Alatreon will be out in World before it comes out on Switch world wide.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

meleebrawler

@Haru17 It's a shame we don't use G for ultimate versions, otherwise we could've had Monster Hunter: GG.

The full list of localized monster names:

• Massacre Demon Diablos/Bloodbath Diablos
  • Azure Lightning Astalos/Boltreaver
  • Silver Ridge Gammoth/Elderfrost
  • Heavenly Eye Mizutsune/Soulseer
  • I forget deviant Malfestio/Nightcloak
  • Armour Shredder Shogun/Rustrazor (that doesn't sound very intimidating...)
  • Atoraru-Ka/Ahtal-Ka

And Brave style is now Valor style.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Joeynator3000

You forgot Valphalk's name, lol.

Anyways yeah, Rustrazor, it...kinda makes sense with how he attacks. But it still sounds, weird...lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Haru17

Untitled

Untitled

Spikiness juxtaposition.

Edited on by Haru17

JaxonH

I love the logo.

I'm honestly kind of surprised to see this game announced- I thought that ship had sailed. But in hindsight it's releasing one year after the JP release, which is pretty standard for MH games (World aside). Perhaps we were all a little bit impatient. At least, I know I was.

Thank goodness though, I'm so happy about this. This is all I wanted- doesn't have to be the fanciest or highest budget game in the series- just give me a solid MH game that's not 240p, with a full button set, playable in full 1080p on the TV or 720p on the go. So if I'm in the mood to play on the TV I can do that and if I'm in the mood to play anywhere else I can do that too (local hunts with fellow co-workers? Oh heck yes- they are hunting with me whether they know it yet or not).

And really, with World turning out to be such an excellent game, and now this... it's a gosh darn good time to be a Monster Hunter fan, is it not?

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

I’ve seen people talking about new fans getting on poorly with the more rigid controls and menus of old.

I don’t personally see that happening, not that there isn’t a pretty big gulf. It’s just with GU releasing on a different platform and looking far under what the Switch can render compared to an 8th gen game like World, it’d be difficult for new fans to think it’d be much the same.

Anyway, what do you all think?

Edited on by Haru17

MarcelRguez

Eh. I can see that, but ar the same time I believe people can get over it and appreciate the sheer amount of content this game has.

I also doubt there's that big of an userbase overlap when you remove the hardcore MH players out of the equation. The game should do fine (not as well as World by any stretch, but fine) even if some World players are too used to the new thing now.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Eel

Oh so my “””story””” progress will be carried over then? I never finished the single player campaign in the original game. Mostly due to series fatigue.

But I think playing on a new console with new content could make me want to continue.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

erv

This one is late for me. I'm surprised it's getting a release but it's gonna be fun nonetheless.

To be fair, MHworld is very, very good. I'm still playing it. I hope this one doesn't feel like too much of a step backwards.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

SKTTR

This is the first Capcom game for Switch I consider buying.

I had about 150 hours of fun with Monster Hunter Tri on Wii (with Wii Speak voice chat and USB keyboard) playing online, and found it was worth its money. Then everything got a little grindy and other Wii games came around that I had to play (Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Zelda: Skyward Sword).

How comfortable is voice chat and messaging in Monster Hunter XX?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Haru17

Yosheel wrote:

Oh so my “””story””” progress will be carried over then? I never finished the single player campaign in the original game. Mostly due to series fatigue.

But I think playing on a new console with new content could make me want to continue.

I found the same thing with 4U and Cross. I don't think I had series fatigue when I played 4U at launch, but the way the single and multiplayer were structured as parallel ladders of the same content made doing the singleplayer past Shagaru seem pointless. I played Tri with the online unconnected so those village quests really had meaning, unlocking the next monsters and chapter.

Anyway, not sure how my series fatigue will sit in August. I've slowed down on World at 500+ hours, the only thing I have left to do is get a giant Kushala. Of course I'm gonna come back for the new event quests and especially new monsters. The $60 Switch port tax that Nintendo is legitimizing definitely makes XX (which is an expansion of a $40 3DS game) a harder sell after playing Cross. Probably wait for a sale, knock out Valstrax and Ahtak-Ka, and call it a day.

SKTTR

Yeah, in Monster Hunter Tri you can just plug in a keyboard to chat with the other 3 players. Or leave Wii Speak on to talk to them. Just like in Animal Crossing. Shame those features are gone.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

erv

I liked juggling the keyboard around next to me. It was a lot of fun talking while prancing in front of a raging monster.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

JaxonH

@Joeynator3000 @YummyHappyPills
Nah, Capcom games are all selling extremely well on Switch. The Wii U era is past. Nobody is making excuses of poor sales on this system. Not even EA.

Besides, MH Gen Ultimate is already #2 on Amazon. In a matter of 12 hours of preorders going live. This game is gonna ride the waves of World all the way into the Fort Knox vault.

Btw Yummy, that default language thing only works when the out of region game actually has English option. Which won't be the case here.

@Tsurii
I'm gonna be playing, and my bro. And I'm sure plenty of others (see above, it's already the top selling video gamw on Amazon, within hours of the page going live)

@SKTTR
No voice chat, however, it's quite possible that changes shortly after thus game releases, when the online hits. Messaging works well though, in game signals, etc.

JaxonH

@Tsurii
Ah. I'll be playing with my bro, but I'm always available for people who need a hunting partner

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Monster Hunter GU is #2 within 12 hours but remember Amazon placements are basdd on only the past hour.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic