Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,843

CroRock

@JaxonH
Wow that was one long reply. Thank you, really appreciate it.
I have other consoles but all from Nintendo. And after playing World of Warcraft for years, I stop playing on PC. Playing much on iPhone, Switch, 3DS and sometimes on Wii U atm and while I could afford PS4 for MHW (and other games I would be interested in on that platform) it would take to much time of my social life. With wife and two kids and business to run, I’m not sure if a getting one more console would be a wise decision. Not to mention all the games I already have and not finished or even started.
Just like you, I’m very impatient man so I might find a friend who could borrow me PS4 and buy just a game.

Back on game... I like hardcore part of previous MH games and that westernization of World concerns me a bit. But if you enjoy playing it as it is, I suppose I will too.
I bought Switch because MH and Fire Emblem (and some other exclusives) but ended playing indies on Switch most of the time lol.
I’ll definitely find a way to get my hands on MHW in a week or two based on your suggestions and patiently wait for MHXX localization to happen.

Thanks again for answering here and now that I know there is a proper thread for MHW I’ll stop here before @Joeynator3000 ban my account 😉

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

@CroRock
Yes, if you borrow a console and play, give me a holler and we can do some online quests.

Otherwise, both I and Joey have imported MHXX, and would be glad to help you cross that language barrier. It's not as formidable as it seems

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

....I don't ban people like crazy.... -.-

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

CroRock

@JaxonH
I’ll definitely let you know when I get ps4 for MHW.
As for importing MHXX.. I would rather buy a ps4 then getting Japanese version of that game for my MH fix on TV. Really don’t want paying for Capcom laziness..

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

Looks like MHXX might be coming west after all.

Word is there's going to be a mini direct (presumably for 3DS) on March 1st. The guy who dropped this information said Alliance Alive would be getting a demo right after the Direct. Well, today Altus just announced Alliance Alive is getting a demo March 1st. The chances of that happening from someone just making stuff up and guessing is extremely slim especially since this information was actually dropped weeks ago and only now are people realizing it might be legit.

The thing is it doesn't mention anything about Switch. Just 3DS. So the question is, assuming this is authentic, would they have the gall to localize the game but only for 3DS? Switch owners got pretty mad when World was announced but nothing for Switch, because people were expecting a MH for Switch. They then follow that up by saying hey guys, we're bringing MHXX to the west! ... but only for 3DS, I think the Internet might have a melt down. And I'll probably be right there in the mix of it having a meltdown as well because that will just be totally unacceptable.

On the bright side, I really struggle to accept they would do that. I imagine it would be announced for both systems but the information leaked only pertained to 3DS... Idk. The only reason I can think they would want to avoid releasing it on Switch, because of how popular and hot the system is and they want to avoid putting one of the older style games on a popular system where they might risk new players picking it up from World hype and being turned off. Whereas on 3DS that formula is more acceptable because of how limited the hardware is. That being said, they don't have to advertise it. Just put it out there and the core gamers and the core fans who care about the series will buy it. The casuals who typically only buy into games that are hyped or advertised won't pay any attention. So it's a win for everyone involved.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

lol, like I said...Capcom is stupidly waiting till after World released to localize XX.
"HEY GAIZ! dun worri the switch is still getting mh!" localizes a year-old game that's not even as great as 4U

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Joeynator3000

Yeah, I knew this was gonna happen after finding out World is ditching Nintendo. Even worse is that PS4 owners are bragging about it, praising World as if it's the "GREATEST GAME ON THE PLANET" and saying the Switch is too crappy to handle a game like World. -.-

And then a game happens on Switch, an HD port of an expansion of a game that has already been localized. Yet it takes them this long get it over here, should've happened around the time the Switch version released.

Now I'm worried that the Switch will just get another Portable game, I mean I'm fine with any version of World on Switch....but, Portable Team...something about you I...just don't like. lol

Lemme guess, World Portable, no more story, back to crappy intros yet again, somehow make something even more boring than Tempered monsters. (which seems more boring than Hypers, which is more boring than the Virus, lol)

Also, if I see another Deviant I'm gonna hit someone over there.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket If it was to be localized of course it wouldn't be announced until after World's launch, that was obvious. The more difficult question was whether it would be localized at all or not.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket Localizing MHXX straight away would've still led to decreased World sales. Of course less choice is bad for consumers but Capcom is always focused on the money, that's why the Switch versions of their collections feature the larger game as a digital download.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket World combined with huge hardware price reductions over the holiday season and no localized Monster Hunter on Switch will have convinced some Nintendo focused Monster Hunter fans to get a PS4 or XB1 that didn't have either (of course those who already had at least 1 of them would've just bought World). It's a lot easier to buy one of those consoles and World than to import MHXX Switch from Japan and learn enough Japanese to be able to play the game.

Grumblevolcano

Haru17

I remember this sort of rumor starting around the last few directs. It would make sense now that World's done its 6 million and there's less chance of people googling "Monster Hunter" and seeing a game that looks like XX, not even on the level of most remasters. Granted it's the nature of QoL changes that going back will be difficult. Do I want to spend $60 only to fight Atoraru Ka? Not really. I sure as hell don't want to fight Alatreon on Ingle Isle before he gets released in World.

@Snaplocket I think divining console war 'insults' from the buisness decisions of multinationals would be... confusing, for one. Capcom released World of PS4 and Xbox in the west and PS4 in Japan simultaneously because that's where the majority of gamers are. Adding onto that, PS4 and XB1 are similar to each other while PC and Switch each have their own considerations. That's why the PC version's coming later, the Switch version maybe not at all.

Anyway @Joeynator3000, of all things I wouldn't worry about the eventual MH Portable 5th lacking the monsters that are already in 5th gen. Some serious loading goes into their AI in World, but I expect the game will be similar to Cross content-wise. That doesn't have to be a bad thing. Launch monsters, DLC, plus 7-8 unique ones.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Shellcore

I am really enjoying MHW, but would still buy XX on Switch if localised.

Imerzion

I'd happily take Monster Hunter XX on Switch, I didn't play much MH:Gen, as I lost my 3DS just after it released unfortunately, and didn't re-purchase another. Now as an owner of a Switch, I'd gladly take any Portable MH that I can get my hands. I've been seriously considering importing the Japenese version of XX. So if they are to port it to the West, I'll welcome it with open arms.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

Haru17

Great choice, I think that singleplayer is one of the best introductions to the series. Unfortunately some of its content is missing since the online is shut down, but it's a complete-feeling singleplayer progression nonetheless.

Joeynator3000

....Could've just went with 3U, since it's Tri but better, but whateverz. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Haru17

3U is more like Tri just more and the more isn't as good as the core game, it's kind of just thrown in, but I digress.

Anyway, this is profoundly surreal. A former Sony exec and spokesman goading Capcom (who has done several marketing or exclusivity deals with Sony this gen) into porting their series (which itself has been half exclusive to Playstation/Nintendo) to Switch. These kinda of public Twitter solicitations rarely work out — especially since he's tweeting in English to a Japanese company — so grain of salt, but it felt like it belonged here.

JaxonH

If anything it shows Capcom there is still an absolute metric ton of interest for MH on Switch.

I doubt anything will come from this but, you never know. Personally I'd rather have a brand new 5th gen game built ground up for Switch, but hey, some studio wants to port the game over I'll gladly take it.

That said, I'll gladly take MHXX as well. In fact, I would be extremely satisfied with a MHXX localization. There's just so much content in the game that really, that one game in English would be enough to last me the rest of this generation for portable MH if it had to. It would be a failsafe that I can always fall back on. I mean, I already kind of have that because I play the game in Japanese, but if it were in English I would play more than just here and there. I would probably start a brand new save file from scratch.

So, Idk what we'll end up seeing first- a port of World, a localization of MHXX, or a brand new 5th gen portable MH game. At the end of the day though, I don't really care too much which it is. Just get me some English MH to play on my Switch and I'll be happy. I just want to have my favorite series, in HD, on a system I can play anywhere, at any time... in English. Local wireless MP would be a godsend too, because all my coworkers would buy the game if it were in English. And then we could hunt together at work during shift change. Every day could run a new monster together. That's all I want. Is that too much to ask?

I'm actually playing MHXX right now. Controller right next to me. About to take on a G rank Seregios. Come get some...

Edited on by JaxonH

Haru17

Oh right, I guess that rumored Direct didn't happen, huh? The more I look at XX 'HD' the more I doubt it was ever intended for a worldwide release in the first place. Which is strange, since obviously Japan didn't care.

To give the pedantic answer to your question, I think World's DLC (and expansion(s)?) will come first. Referencing the annualized timeline below, I would guess the 'World Ultimate' release would come after that (but before anything else) since ultimate releases always come the next year (except XX which was unplanned). Hard to say that'll make much of a splash outside of Japan if the G version doesn't also release on Switch. Maybe early 2020 for the portable team's MH on Switch then? That'd certainly give them a solid dev cycle to make new monsters and maps. Maybe with an ice flagship like Freedom 2 since World didn't have an ice area (DLC nonwithstanding)?

2015 Cross
2016 Stories
2017 Double Cross
2018 World
2019 ???

Edited on by Haru17

JaxonH

I think Capcom was pleased with MHXX, citing "strong sales". About 1/6 as much as World on half the install base and as a lower budget MH game being sold for the 3rd time in 2 years. Performance directly correlates with install base and demand, and demand decreases exponentially with each subsequent re-release. I don't know what their expectations were, but it evidently surpassed them.

Which means they couldn't have expected a whole lot from the game. Surely they knew they were repackaging and selling a port of a 6 month old expansion of a 2 year old handheld-grade release on a brand new system with just a couple million owners in Japan at the time. So, was that all they wanted? Or do they plan to cash in on a localization at some point? Or did they just want to establish the brand on the platform asap to plant a seed for future entries. Marking their territory for future games...

I firmly believe MHXX would do more in the west than Japan, at least on Switch. Since we never got it on 3DS. I could see them localizing it this summer/fall. But I could also see them not localizing. Who knows what they're going to do.

One thing is certain though- the next new game for Switch is probably a ways off. Late 2019 at the earliest. Which is why a MHXX localization would be perfect. If we are getting one, we'll know by e3. That's the cutoff. If we haven't heard about it by the time the expo wraps up, it's just not happening.

Edited on by JaxonH

Haru17

I wasn't talking about XX 3DS, it sold fine (around 800K launch week). My comment was referring to the 'HD' Switch port (a tenth of that in the launch window). Gaijinhunter tweeted about Japanese perception and how few there cared about an HD remaster of a months-old Monster Hunter version.

Anyway, if it comes westward it's gonna get panned for the graphics. That was my point — the decade old look of XX Switch doesn't seem like it was intended for a so-to-speak primetime worldwide release.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic