Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,843

Haru17

That awk feeling when you're homeless in another generation.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

Lol...

Still playing felyne I see. I really want to give the game a go as a felyne some day in the future. I feel like it would be a completely new game playing that way.

I still need to finish G rank though, and that got put on pause because of all these other games coming out. And I don't think it's going to slow down until December... but given how long Xenoblade 2 and Skyrim are, i'm questioning whether I'll be able to finish this game before MH World drops.

I guess it's not the end of the world if I don't. I could always just play it when I'm out and about in bits and pieces, and that way I could play World and MHXX at the same time (since if I'm playing one, it will probably get me in the mood to play the other).

I have a feeling they are going to localize this game next fall. They would do that too lol. Wait until I have sunk in hundreds of hours in and beaten the entire game... and then be like oh, btw, we're releasing in English worldwide. Of course I would buy it again though. It wouldn't really be a problem either because I would be able to transfer my save over to 3DS, then convert my save file to NA region, then transfer back into the English version.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@Haru17 I hope you're right in regards to the PC release. The faster we get some clarity, the better.

MFD

JaxonH

ALERT! ALERT!

Video capture coming to MHXX next week

Finally! My biggest complaint with MH3U was no screenshot support. Not only does this game have screenshot support (instant at that) I can finally record crazy awesome moves.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

zionich

I can record my fail hunts.....EPIC!!!!

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

@Tsurii
You can capture awesome moves! Those only take 5-10 seconds.

Like one time I did a flying mantis tail spin and chop chop, cut the Rathian tail off in mid air.

Another time I pogo bounced into the air, flipped and whacked a Rathalos in mid flight charging ar me and straight up KO'd his butt.

Those are the kinds of moments I'd give anything to capture on video. Now I can.

If you want to record 30 minute long boring hunts that nobody will care about watching, there are devices like elGato. But this is for capturing the moment.

Edited on by JaxonH

Joeynator3000

I always do something awesome when I'm not thinking about recording, it's annoying. Plenty of times where I killed Nargacuga while it was in the air (during its dodging, lol), or something crazy like that. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Grumblevolcano

The 1.3.0 update seems to be out now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

Ok, so....anyone still playing this? I need translation help....because the Wikia doesn't have anything, that Kiranico site doesn't have anything, the Google Translate app is being stupid (nothing new there), and searching keeps giving me Generations. Ugh...

I basically need a list of all the locked Palico skills and what I need to take down to unlock them. I kinda wanna use them already, lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

zionich

I haven't got back to MH in a long while. I am trying to finish Xenoblade 2 before MHW comes out.

CroRock

Any news of this coming to west? Can’t believe their laziness! How hard could it be to translate ffs. MH World not coming to Switch and no word of any kind of MH coming for Switch anytime soon... wtf capcom

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

lordofsidious

will monster hunter double cross for the nintendo switch for e3 release for the switch i think you guys should sure for the west coming in june for the monster hunter double cross for the switch im hope you guys would sure for e3 ?

lordofsidious

Joeynator3000

....Speak English....

Keep it PG-13-ish.

CroRock

Looking at Monster Hunter World reviews make me soooo angry at Capcom! Why capcom, why?! Why are you forcing me to buy PS4?!?!

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

lordofsidious

i think capcom will not release for the west because nothing happened and im hope capcom will release in e3 in june because im hope for it sorry my language is belgium @Joeynator3000 sorry for the caps

lordofsidious

zionich

CroRock

@JaxonH
I though I could reach you here because we don’t have Monster Hunter World thread here (obviously 😡).
What are your honest opinion on the game? Can you share it here with us desperate people stuck with Nintendo consoles please? I know you are a fan of the series so I’ll trust you more then those paid reviews. Shoul I invest in PS4 for that game alone or wait for proper MH for Switch?

Thanks in advance

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

CroRock

@Joeynator3000
Ups.. sorry then.
I have bookmarked Switch thread on my phone and never ever look at other threads.
Well.. not anymore since Wii U is almost dead and I’m not interested in new games on 3DS.
Anyway thanks for heading up 👍

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

@CroRock

There is actually a MH World thread.

MH World Thread

My opinion is... it's incredible. It's a true evolution of the series, and it shows. Gone are the days of tireless tedium and counterintuitive game design. Everything is streamlined- gathering is faster and easier, crafting is simpler, forging requires less materials... it's just really well designed. And there's so many small improvements: transmog, fast travel, great graphics, larger and more complex environments, optional damage numbers, wiki info in the Hunter Notes, more fluid animations like moving while drinking potions, shorter cooking jingle, etc etc etc.

I won't really go into more detail than that because I could spend an hour writing about all the little improvements and changes they've made in this game. Suffice it to say the game is improved in almost every aspect, and it's a true joy to play.

That's not to say it's perfect. I don't like the new skill system where each armor piece simply gives X amount of a given skill- it defeats the allure of full sets and completely destroys any concept of gemming, talismans, negative skills and all the strategy that came with it. I don't like the new combined blademaster and gunner armors either- I don't really mind the fact they are combined because I actually think that's a good idea- it's the fact that you no longer take twice as much damage as a gunner. It breaks the balance. I also think crafting has been oversimplified- 2 green herbs for a potion, 2 antidote herbs for an antidote, no more bomb casings... basically everything in the entire game can be crafted with two base items, aside from mega versions which still require a honey. Also, I hate that the separate Multiplayer Hub quests have been abolished. It's single player quests and that's it- and those single player quests can be played via co-op. This presents a number of issues, but the biggest one is that any story mission you want to play with others- every single member joining the quest must have already accepted the quest, watched the cut scenes, and then abandoned the quest... before they can play it in multiplayer. The non-key quests, aka "optional" quests, can be played in the MP Hub, unfortunately you only unlock those as you progress through the single player campaign. So unlike every other MH game where you could just play co-op, and play through the entire game that way and never touch the single player, this game ties your multiplayer content to your single player progression. That's a huge step backwards. And, it also cuts the content by 50%, in a game which is already missing G-rank.

All things considered though, it's an incredible game, even despite its faults. I'd probably put it up there right next to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as one of the best games I've played this generation. Of course, this is to be expected because- it's Monster Hunter and MH games are always fun, and this particular entry graces us with really nice graphics and elaborate maps and the early game tedium has been eradicated. So that's a winning recipe right off the bat.

Now. Is it worth buying a console for? Gosh... that's a hard question to answer because everyone is different. For me? Hell yes. I would buy a console for this game without thinking twice. But, I would buy a console for Xenoblade 2. I would buy a console for Zelda BotW. I would buy a console for Fire Emblem Awakening. I would buy a console for Ori and the Blind Forest. I would buy a console (and did buy a console) for MH4U. I have money to spend and I can't stand missing a single game I want to play.

If you have money to spend and can afford it, then I say why not. But the question must be asked- why haven't you bought another console before now? If the answer is because you don't really find any of the games appealing, then you're going to be spending several hundred dollars just to play a single game. Whether that's worth it to you is completely up to you. I don't know your financial situation, I don't know if you would find any other games on the system that you would really enjoy...

Here's my recommendation- if you have a PC, wait for the PC release. It's coming this year and you would be able to play the game within six months from now, and without buying any new hardware. If you don't have a PC, then the question remains- buy a new console or wait for a new MH. I can tell you right now, Switch will get a new Monster Hunter. Without question. The problem is... you're going to be waiting quite a while. Now, I don't know about you but I'm a very impatient man. I would have trouble just waiting for the PC release, much less the next entry from the Generations team. But not everyone is like me. Some people have no problem waiting and just focus on other games in the meantime. It's really up to you.

If you are going to buy a console to play the game then I would recommend, at the least (since you would literally be buying new hardware just for one game), sniping the best deal you can find on a used PS4 or Xbox One. I saw X1S consoles selling for $175 over Christmas. Obviously that was during the holidays but I'm just saying- deals can be found if you look hard enough. Whichever one you found cheapest, I'd go with that. I sold my OG Xbox One for $99 on eBay when I upgraded to the X1X. If you could find a deal like that then yeah, I'd say go for it. But if we're talking spending $250-300 plus the game on top of it... eh... that's a tough sell. But like I tell people thinking about buying a Switch for Zelda, there are other games. So if you can find other games that really interest you, then it suddenly doesn't seem so outlandish.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic