Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,843

JaxonH

Well, it's the 10 day countdown. I'm posting instructions for buying off eShop in case anyone importing doesn't know how to do it.

1 create new email specifically for Japanese account. Do something easy like, [email protected] or something (and if ever making EU account, could do [email protected])
Live email New Account Sign Up

2 create new Nintendo Account using new email address, and set country to Japan
Nintendo Account Sign Up

3 create 2nd user profile on Switch, and link to new JP Nintendo Account

JP ACCOUNT SETUP COMPLETE

4 sign up for Tenso JP package forwarding account (you'll see why shortly)
Tenso New Account Sign Up

5 sign up for Amazon JP account and link payment
Amazon Japan New Account Sign Up

6 add your new Japanese address from Tenso to your Amazon JP address book- Tenso provides a guide for entering addresses at specific JP retailers... check your "My Page" (be sure to set site to English via button up top if you haven't done so already) and you will see a link on the right "How To Enter Your Tenso Address". Follow the link and use the Amazon JP sample layout for adding info into your Amazon JP address book

7 buy JP eShop credit via digital delivery- when you check out it will warn you that your country is set to the wrong region and it will ask you if you would like to set it to Japan- do that and then check out. You'll need your JP address during checkout, even if it's digital delivery. When you complete your purchase it should open a separate tab with your eShop code
JP eShop Credit

DONE

You are now ready to buy MHXX day one, and are set up for future purchases of digital JP games via adding yen to your JP eShop account, all set up for future downloads of JP demos, and all set up for imports of physical JP games. Hope this helps...

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH I appreciate the effort, but I'll stick to biding my time.

MFD

Joeynator3000

I'm still putting the game on hold for a couple of months in case they are localizing it. But if they don't or end up localizing next year then I'm gonna go with the Japanese version, there's really no reason to get it next year with World releasing then.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Haru17

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Yeah, I'm OK with waiting. Whether it's an XX localization, localization of the next Switch MH after that, or a World 2, or whatever.

Joeynator3000 wrote:

...there's really no reason to get it next year with World releasing then.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with these parts of your posts. The demo is plenty for me and, while I wish it had online multiplayer so this site's following could all play together, I'm not enthused enough by what I played of brave style to grind all the way up Atoraru Ka in Japanese. Come to think of it, I've still never fought Alatreon in either 3 or Generations, I should just go do that...

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Joeynator3000

I still want to see the 4th generation content in HD for once, though...so yeah I'm getting the game this year regardless.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

And I've got my 400hr Generations save converted and imported into MHXX on 3DS. So come August 25th I'll be rockin it with my brand new high rank Garuga armor and awesome skill sets.

Can just jump right into high rank. I'll probably get 150 hours of play before I even think about crafting another armor set, which means I won't even have to translate anything in the game or transfer the save to the English 3DS version for referencing for quite some time.

Oh, I'm gonna hunt all the monsters. Quite a few people on Reddit that are importing that I'll be hunting with. And anyone here who imports obviously, which, I spoke to several people in article comment sections that said they were going to import and I told them to find me in the MHXX forum after they get the game. And my old hunting buddy @TeeJay from MH4U is importing too. So we're about to relive the glory days.

And, World will not affect my purchase decision if this game gets localized, not in the slightest. I will never abandon the core classic gameplay for whatever remix of gameplay they have planned for the western push. I'll happily enjoy both but there's no way I would choose World over this game if it gets localized- even if I would it's not portable and I want a portable Monster Hunter. But there is no scenario on this planet in which an English version of any Monster Hunter releases for the Nintendo Switch and I'm not there to greet it day one. I don't care if 2 different Monster Hunters were releasing on the exact same day... I'll buy em all. Play one at home and one at work on the go.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

zionich

@JaxonH Thank you for the info.

You have an Imported 3ds that you played XX on?

Edited on by zionich

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

@zionich
Uh, CFW actually. It plays games from any region, and can play the English patched version.

Just way easier and cheaper than having to buy another system for out of region games. Already bought a dozen 3DS models this generation. Don't need to buy another.

meleebrawler

I like that new Adept style for the Great Sword. How powerful is that run-in when charged? Because not even Brave style can let you potentially get three charged attacks in a row.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

zionich

@JaxonH Guess I will be starting fresh than lol

erv

I'm only going localised. There's a lot to play in switch as it is and if the day comes, I want to be able to play in a language I understand.

I hope it won't be too long before we get it. I'll go out on a limb and say we'll have it in march.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

JaxonH

@zionich
I've got some low rank armor for hunting with everyone who's starting from the beginning.

Namco

Playing the Monster Hunter XX demo in Japanese was no problem. But besides hunting monsters these games are about forging equipment. I don't think gathering the right items will be possible without an English guide, I wouldn't even be able to seperate a hot drink from Dragon Elder Blood!

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Spoony_Tech

erv wrote:

I'm only going localised. There's a lot to play in switch as it is and if the day comes, I want to be able to play in a language I understand.

I hope it won't be too long before we get it. I'll go out on a limb and say we'll have it in march.

This! I'm in no hurry and played so much MH I'm nearly burnt out on it. By the time it gets localized I will be more then ready for it. I've got no less then 10 games I want coming out in the next 4 months and that's plenty! EO V will take me a good 100 plus hours and the way I play will take me 2 months to beat.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

zionich

@Spoony_Tech One of my biggest worries is if they localize it, will the Japanese version get an English patch or will I be buying the game again?

Haru17

AFAIK you'll be buying the game again because the first time you bought it on a Japanese account and the eShop considers different regions' digital versions different games.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Joeynator3000

Yeah I think certain games would do this, MH however, probably won't do this. So you may have to buy it again.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

zionich

@Tsurii I am not saying it is their obligation but it would make sense that they might patch the Japanese version. Sorry I come across like they owe me something and I am too foolish to know the difference.

Edited on by zionich

JaxonH

I think they'd patch the JP version before localizing, just because it would allow them to sell to the western fanbase without risking new players playing the classic formula before they can sell them on the series with World.

But, if they do localize, it's not gonna be for some time. Probably this time next year. So I'm not concerned with buying it again. I'll sell my JP copy on eBay for $20, put it toward the EN version which would be $47.99 with GCU, and I'd be paying $27.99. And in the meantime, I'll have enjoyed the game for a full year. And I'd use an online tool to convert my save data back to NA save data. That's how I got my save into MHXX to begin with p- converting save regions.

@Sir_Anthony
There's actually several tools that make it mostly a non issue...

1 Common Sense and Non-Language Based Communication
I think most of the game can be figured out without even understanding the language. Color coded quests, item icons, custom stored item sets for quick item pouch loadouts, etc. The one thing that isn't really addressed by this is what you mentioned before- crafting.

2 Google Translate App
It's not perfect, but the app has augmented reality built in where you can hold your phone up and read Japanese in English in real time. It also scans text on screens in Translate which only takes about two seconds longer than using the AR- I've tested it on 3DS and the translations are much more accurate when you scan. This tool could single-handedly get you through the game

3 Kiranico MHXX Translated Database
Every single item and weapon and armor name are listed on Kiranico and you can switch languages via an option at the bottom of every page. This is a terrific resource. You can even use Google translate app to scan certain item names from Kiranico to get them stored in the app so that you can just reference the ones you need to identify quickly in a list format accessible quickly from your phone

4 English Translated 3DS Version (or, if no CFW, Monster Hunter Generations)
With saved transfers between Switch and 3DS, and given there is an English 3DS version, anytime you need to craft you can simply transfer your save to the 3DS version, go see what you need and then resume playing in the Switch version. You wouldn't even need to transfer the save back because it never actually leaves the Switch when you transfer. So you can just transfer to the handheld, check it in English and then go back to playing. So easy. Obviously you would need custom firmware to run the English patched JP version and transfer saves to it, but even if you don't you could always just use monster Hunter Generations as a reference, since a lot of the items will be the same.

5 Learn Katakana
You could learn all the katakana characters in a matter of hours. Even if you spent 2 hrs a day learning for 3 days, the pay off is immense. Half the game's item names are written in Katakana, which is a special alphabet for foreign words spoken in the Japanese language (99.9% of the time it's English). If you really wanted to understand things you could also learn Hiragana in another couple hours, but Hiragana is for spelling actual Japanese words, so while you would be able to sound them out you wouldn't understand what they mean (still, it helps with recognition and differentiation). But anyways, Katakana is used so much in Monster Hunter, and it's all English words! Which means if you know what sounds the characters make you can understand it. You said you couldn't tell a cooler drink apart from something else? You could if you knew Katakana, which I literally learned in 3 hours.

クーラードリンク is "ku-ra- dorinku" aka cooler drink. Japanese has no L, but their R sounds more like an L and is the default substitute letter. So replace L for the R and it's kuulaa dorinku (hyphens extend the vowel sound). So if you knew what the character sounds were you would be able to look at that and know that that says cooler drink. Or hot drink is ホットドリンク which is "hot-to dorinku". If you knew Katakana, you would be able to look at that and know that it says hot drink.

That's the best three hour investment of your entire life if you're a Monster Hunter fan.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic