Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,843

meleebrawler

@Haru17 ...Wasn't one of your prior 4th gen complaints that it didn't introduce that many monsters to begin with? And we both know that Capcom didn't really have a choice to do anything but reuse the most recent engine they've made up to that point. Making a groundbreaking new one wouldn't work on 3DS and Switch was too far off.

Making new creatures as a whole gets more difficult the longer a series runs. We're seeing this in later gens of Pokemon introducing fewer new mons compared to older ones. We don't know World's distribution, but if they stick to purely new monsters (& Raths), chances are there won't be a whole lot. And if they do bring back a number of older monsters, I don't want to see you turning a blind eye to them if they happen to be 3rd gen ones.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Haru17

Guys, read my post tho. I wasn't saying 4U outsold Gen in the west just to say it — I like that game less. I was saying that since basically everyone who was interested in Monster Hunter bought 4, having largely the same cast of old monsters in Gen damaged @meleebrawler's 'old monsters new to me' argument.

meleebrawler wrote:

...Wasn't one of your prior 4th gen complaints that it didn't introduce that many monsters to begin with?

I don't see how that conflicts with my points: I've been complaining in part about how fourth gen was spread out over two games and two ultimate releases, requiring Cross to add 7 more new monsters to flesh out the gen's bestiary. I would be disappointed if World had less than 15 unique new monsters or focused on legacy content like the Monster Hunter 5 rumor alleged. However, this thread is not about Monster Hunter: World. I really don't mean to change the subject to that game.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

How bout that Lao in HD, eh?

MHXX is a visually striking game, particularly for being a port of a 3DS release. Think they used HD assets when originally developing MHX, and just swapped out for lower res assets on 3DS. Cause everything looks so good here, so crisp and sharp with excellent textures, yet it looks the exact same as 3DS at the same time.

Even in a timeline where MH World exists, I still think MHXX on Switch looks insanely good. The classic art style helps. It's not going for realism, but it is realistic, if that makes any sense. Ohhhh Capcom why won't you release this for us! Perhaps Nintendo will save the day and publish like they're doing for Stories... like they did for MH3U. But enough of the localization talk. We're way past that stage of grief and are now in acceptance, with JP preorders locked and loaded.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

meleebrawler

@JaxonH Lao actually looks like he has spots of ash on his head, of a similar colour to his subspecies. Has he always had those?

JaxonH

@meleebrawler
Honestly I have no idea.

I've never fought him before- it'll be a first for me in MHXX. Quite a few will be a first for me in fact.

I know there's an Azure (Ashen) Lao Shan Lung- perhaps that's why he's ashy? 😆

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Ironically, the western audience will be perfectly fine with quest packs and item packs and weapon packs, special armor DLC for $4.99

Strange what people will and won't accept. Personally I'm hoping we see an expanded game released after rather than piece meal DLC. We've seen how Capcom approaches DLC on these consoles with the western audience time and time again. But ya, even if they alternatively sell the ultimate expansion as DLC, I'd be shocked if they didn't package an ultimate version later. That's common practice for western games.

@Tsurii
Didn't know that. Fatalis is so much smaller, and if those are just "pups" I can't imagine how Mama Lao didn't eat Fatalis whole like that Great Jagras did

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
If you're not complaining at least once a day about #MHXXForTheWest you're doing it wrong 😉

meleebrawler

@Tsurii Even if the Lao fight is ultimately still the same "hit the big dragon as much as you can while he does little to retaliate for 35 minutes" that gets VERY tiresome when done repeatedly, it's very much refined since the old days. While it's still a 35-minute quest, the areas are compressed down to two which have much more things to use in them (including a new Demolisher), and Lao's health doesn't seem to be nearly as insane as before.

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal You know Sony's going to do something otherwise it wouldn't have been in the Sony E3 conference. I'm expecting at least one of the following to happen given that's how Sony works:

• Timed exclusivity (e.g. all content comes at least a month later on XB1, maybe even the game itself)
  • Fully exclusive items (e.g. outfits based on Sony IPs)
  • Make other versions by default not the best they can be (e.g. not allow Capcom to create a 4K patch for XB1X)

You may think that Sony can't do the 3rd point but look what Sony's been doing in Europe, they can do anything and get away with it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Joeynator3000

...Geez this thread got active all of the sudden. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

That's cause we're getting close to release.

And a demo should be dropping soon. Probably in the next 20-30 days judging by history.

And once that happens, well... it's a wrap.

JaxonH

Can you taste it yet? I sure can

Untitled

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH Urgh... why am I reminding myself of this. It's no use getting hyped for it, but yet... .
(Is that your picture? What an FE shrine.)

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
Take it you're not importing then?

And good eye. Yup, got one for Fire Emblem, one for Monster Hunter and one for Xenoblade.

Untitled

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH I'm 17 years old and don't have a Switch currently (waiting until the end of the year, when the games I actually want for it come out).

...How many years did it take to amass all that merchandise?

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
Bout 3 years. Started just buying every game released in the west, then buying a sealed copy of every game. Couldn't find mint sealed copies of the original on GBA- scoured eBay for like 6 months. Finally a "graded" mint copy went up for auction so I jumped on it, and got Sacred Stones graded to match. But was never into all the grading. So I was gonna bust em out of their cases but didn't want to damage them, so I just made due until a year and a half later someone listed a mint sealed copy of Fire Emblem GBA. Now I have both graded sealed and sealed. Might sell the graded ones.

But ya, it just adds up over time. Always buy every amiibo, figure and sealed copy of every game. Got screwed on the FE Echoes chrome poster from US. Had to buy on eBay...

Gonna need a 2nd shelf soon once Camilla figure releases, and FE Warriors on Switch and New 3DS, and FE Switch...

Octane

Huh, didn't even know there was a TMS Wii U bundle.

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii My bad. Maybe it's the perspective and the shape of the box, but it seemed bigger than it actually is.

Octane

Joeynator3000

@Grumblevolcano ......What?....

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic