Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 2,250

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH It's a G4 multi non-Hyper with Yian Garuga and 3 others.

Edit: I'm hopping on now. So if you want to send me a friend request, I can open (or join) a room whenever.

Edited on by FattyWhale_42

Big Fish. Fun Time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430 | 3DS Friend Code: 5370-0485-5280 | Nintendo Network ID: FattyWhale_42

JaxonH

@FattyWhale_42
I was hunting with my brother, just saw your message now. But I should send you a request anyways, I know I had you on Wii U (I think, anyways).

Beat Ahtal-Ka, and the quest unlocked! Already farmed it and upgraded armor, and am now working on transmogging a Glavenus set to the Garuga armor. Because the Glavenus armor was what I made in MHXX, and I really wanted that armor again. But the skills of the Garuga set were perfect for what I like to run. SOOOOOO glad transmog is in this game.

And let me just gush here. Wow. Ahtal-ka has to be the pinnacle of the series in terms of amazing monsters. Not only is it better than every other monster I've ever fought, it's better by a considerably wide margin. Unreal. That monster was epic!!!

I love this freaking game. Gosh dang do I love it. Easily, easily my favorite Monster Hunter game of all time, and honestly, it might just be my new favorite video game of all time. I got 400 hours in Generations before transferring the data, and I've tagged another 100 hours on top of that in MHGU. That's 500 hours total. Not to mention the time I put into MHXX. The most I got from any game in the series up until now was 600 hrs with MH3U. It looks like this game is going to take the crown pretty soon here.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH No worries, man. ^_^

Actually, it was on 3DS. We've hunted together a decent amount (I helped you get to high rank in Gen), I figured you'd remember...

Big Fish. Fun Time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430 | 3DS Friend Code: 5370-0485-5280 | Nintendo Network ID: FattyWhale_42

JaxonH

@FattyWhale_42
Ya I remember hunting, just wasn't sure if it was MH3U on Wii U, or MH4U or MHGen, or a combination of all the above.

Now that you mention it though, it was more recent than 3U. Although I swear you were around for 4U also, along with Haru and a few others.

NOW PLAYING
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

FattyWhale_42

@JaxonH It was both Gen and 4U. Gen was just more recent. ^_^

Big Fish. Fun Time.

zionich

Finally beat the Comet of Disaster and got the credits. Good times.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

Got my Glavenus armor transmogged to my Garuga set! And farmed Up Perception gems to swap out with my Tremor Res for capture quests, since those Deviant quests have a ton of cap quests.

HG Earplugs
Tremor Res
Mind's Eye (Fencing so you don't bounce)
Quick Sheath
Sheath Sharpen (auto-sharpens when sheathing when monster is enraged, keeps me in purple half the hunt)
Switch Axe purple sharpness 300 Attack

Feels good man.

@zionich
Well done!

Sorry about earlier, we were doing quests that were above your HR. You'll be caught up real soon though. It's nice once you beat the end boss of G Rank, because then you can fight whatever you want whenever you want it, barring the Hyper quests you have to unlock, the deviants you have to unlock, Bloodbath Diablos which requires hosting and beating one quest for each of the 5 new G-Rank-only deviants, and the end game gated monsters behind certain HR limits, like Chameleos and Fatalis and Chaotic Gore Magala. Still, besides the HR gated quests, you can still participate in quests others host, so no big deal there.

Now that we unlocked Bloodbath Diablos, I think I'll focus on hypers, unlocking certain quest chains and the Hyper armors, which actually require a specific chain of quests.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

zionich

@JaxonH No need to apologize. I just dropped in to give my guild card and went back to making every HBG I can.

Tsurii

Did I ever share this beauty? Was bored and looked through my Twitter stuff and I just love the rhythm of me going through those attacks lol
Also, who said they didn't like Tigrex? Cause he's a blast with the more methodical/counter heavy playstyles. Check out adept Lance and watch Tigrex melt in the face of your mighty stinger....eh,yah.

Also, also.
You guys think it's worth it to get a month of Online for now? I'm not going to buy a full year anytime soon but I crave some Monster Hunter multiplayer and I sure as hell won't play any more World (spits)

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

DarthNocturnal

I always had fun Guard Pointing Tigrex in 4U. Suddenly, the angry choo-choo train attack was nothing.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

zionich

@SamuraiPanda I was throwing you a Hub invite. I am Ezkar on MH. What HR are you?

SamuraiPanda

@zionich Yeah I got the invites but I'm only HR 5 atm so couldn't join

Xbox: Timikyu
NSFC: SW 7193 8737 5987
Twitch: SamuraiPandaENT

zionich

@SamuraiPanda I'll make a group you can join next time.

tedko

@zionich If you want help sometime farming that Metroid set let me know. I forgot how tough those hyper monsters are, even in high rank! I hadn't done any yet in Gen Ultimate. I still haven't done anything too difficult yet actually. Still working through G3.

switch fc: SW-6081-8793-0424

tedko

@JaxonH Yeah, this game is awesome!! I can see it taking the crown for most hours played for me too.

tedko

@Tsurii I would say yeah, go for a month of online. I got in on a family group so I'm set for a year.

It seems to me like there's a lot of stuff in this game that just isn't really soloable.

Metal_Slugger

Hosted the five new deviants to unlock Blood bath. Finally made my Gammoth X armor. Tired me out trying to get the simple parts. It was well worth it I really like the new look. Just unlocked my HR broke at 138. Went to transmog and I forgot I accidentally burned up over a thousand hunter coins doing the push the right side of direction stick for 99 for tickets, and other things so I can't do it!! LOL my goodness. All that grinding wasted on stupid tickets that are basically useless now. Some of them immaculate material or something of the sorts as well that mineral maybe. Hey least I got an award! LOL If I go down the line in order my next quest is a hyper joe my gosh I'll get wrecked!!! I was farming the HR one before it hit so freaking hard even with G rank gear.

Metal_Slugger

zionich

@tedko I appreciate it. Its soloable I just lack the skill to do it effectively. Awesome hunting still!!

@Metal_Slugger very awesome to hear you finished your set.

Edited on by zionich

JaxonH

Farmed the Ahtal-ka armor, got a mantle in the process. I still need two pieces of the armor but it's only because I'm missing a Nercylla Scisshorn and 2 Queen Seltas parts. I'll grab those tomorrow.

Gemmed in Perception in place of Tremor Res for a Capture set. Unlocking bloodbath Diablos required a lot of capture deviant quests. It's too easy to kill them on accident without this skill. In fact me and my brother accidentally killed a Glavine us even with the skill. As soon as it started blinking I took a few extra hits at the tail because I figured it was about to get chopped off any second, but instead it just killed him.

Not much time to play today though. Had to check out Valkyria Chronicles 1, Warriors Orachi 4 and Starlink, which, my physical pack came and was missing the game. It had everything else inside but not the actual game. Apparently it's a widespread problem for people who ordered from Best Buy. Anyways though.

I still feel like there's so much left to do and so many monsters to hunt and quests to try out and armors to craft and special quest lines are monsters to unlock (Just unlocked the R series and XR series hyper armors). Oh and I got my felyne the Valstrax armor set, and set the color pigment to rainbow... oh my gosh it looks SO. GOOD.

I almost enjoy making armors for my cats more than for myself

NOW PLAYING
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Tsurii

@tedko oh, I'm not at all worried whether or not I can solo stuff, because I most definitely can, it's just getting a little samey, if you're doing everything on your own. MH is a multiplayer experience at its core, after all.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic