Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 1,841 to 1,843 of 1,843

Pizzamorg

JaxonH wrote:

@Pizzamorg
I was there at launch for World on console, and it took several months for the first DLC monster to be added, with a sparse schedule afterward, only adding a new monster every month or two, Whereas Rise had all 9-10 DLC monsters added in by the 3 month mark, and even then ppl complained it took too long.

I’m sure it was different on PC because all the extra content was made available faster. But for the initial console release, I finished and lost interest in World long before it ever got a single DLC monster. They were much faster to release monsters in Rise. And, the event quests are permanent rather than being tied to a server, which as we recently observed, has resulted in content being pulled and lost forever in World.

Yeah, I think because World was significantly harder and significantly slower (in regards to being able to make new things etc), I never really had to wait around for new content, because I was still working through the base content. It only took me about 40ish hours to get to everything but Valstrax, I think that is about how long it took me to get to HR in World lol.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Pizzamorg

Untitled

So we made it to Tetsucabra (village version) and have unlocked 3* village quests. The jump in defence that set offers is kind of insane? And I wouldn't even necessarily say it has been so hard it is really necessary, either. But it is village, I am sure if I went into multiplayer I'd get absolutely wrecked. I still have one monster left to hunt in 2* village, the bear, and then I will get to work on 3* village.

I am back on my own TV again and it definitely less kind to the Switch when blown up on a large 4k TV, but I actually think this is a better looking game than Rise, I guess they are able to do that and sustain performance because every space is like a centimetre wide with four loading screens around it?

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

VoidofLight

I just got the game on sale. Hope I'll enjoy it more than Rise. Heard it had pretty much almost every monster from the previous generations in it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic