Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 1,900

Drussa

Just got back into MHGU again after i played it for a number of hours some months ago. Just started the online play and am at Hunter Rank 2 now. Ok if i add some of your friend codes to see i any of you guys are online at same moments to share some hunts (much more fun with a group)

Edited on by Drussa

Drussa

NEStalgia

Wait, weren't there posts from Joeynator3000 here yesterday? And one from me? Are there 2 MHGU threads? Something confusing just happened to this thread

NEStalgia

DarthNocturnal

@NEStalgia

You posted in the MH4U thread, I believe. It got necro-bumped.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NEStalgia

Ahhh, I thought that was this thread... sigh so hard to keep track.

NEStalgia

Matthieu59

Nintendo Switch is the best console to play that kind of game… I hope that there will be a lot of monsters !

Now playing : Monster Hunter, Zelda BOTW and Smash

ZedSwitch

Would recommend this for a newcomer? I'm new to the series, and I may not be up to date with MH lore.

ZedSwitch

ZedSwitch

@ReaderRagfish Thanks. I'm just concerned about the community. They know their monsters better than I know algebra.

ZedSwitch

Quarth

I’m thinking more and more about getting this. Got MH4 on 3DS way back, but it never really clicked with me. But maybe with the Switch I can give the series a new chance. The demo wasn’t the best at sinking its hooks in though, but seen as I since then have gotten used to another ”difficult” game, Dark Souls, maybe it will be easier for me to embrace MH this time. That or Dead Cells.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

FattyWhale_42

@ReaderRagfihs I'd be down for some hunts... and it's been a little bit since I last played, so I might need my best gear. xD

@Tsurii I'm not sure how I missed this... sorry for not replying sooner.

Big Fish. Fun Time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430 | 3DS Friend Code: 5370-0485-5280 | Nintendo Network ID: FattyWhale_42

zionich

Lol. I need to get back to hunting =*(

Almost done with Octopath. That is if everyone only has 4 chapters.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Joeynator3000

So, after being annoyed to death about the Switch wanting to update, I finally updated the system. After the thing restarted, apparently this game downloaded an update...? Anybody know what happened here? There was no new DLC or anything...

Pokemon Stream Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmNX5mNuNc

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

Joeynator3000

Okay I'm going to bump this for now...

For someone who doesn't have Switch Online or goes online in general, what's the best way to break Rustrazor's shell alone? I couldn't find anything on that, and I need scalps from him. This seems 100% impossible because he changes way too frequently.

Pokemon Stream Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmNX5mNuNc

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

Aneira

I was so pumped starting this game as I was a big fan of Tri Ultimate and didn't particularly like World.
But where's my favorite monster? Where is Jhen Mohran?

I was led to believe this one's a lot of people's favorite Elder Dragon. Mostly because the fight was super fun. How it's not in this game is beyond belief. Disappointing.

Aneira

Switch Friend Code: SW-6288-1124-2133 | My Nintendo: Supermag81

glaemay

There are still people not bored by Jhen Moran? I fought this thing so much I know the fight by heart. I miss the Dalamadur though.
Anyway in Generations Ultimate his equivalents are probably the Lao Shan and Nakarkos. I like the Nakarkos fight it feels like crushing a big piñata. A cool fight to cool down the tension between two hard fights.

glaemay

Drussa

Anyone still playing this game? I just started this game after working through some of my back log. Am now only hunter rank 3 and want to know if there are people i can join up with to level up my HR.

Drussa

scubydo

Well, I want to get into this game, but the missions take too long for me to really enjoy. I feel like I make very little if any progress especially in the story side. I may give it a second run in a bit though after I beat a couple games in my backlog.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

scubydo

Tsurii wrote:

@scubydo the best advice for these games is usually upgrade your weapon as much as you can at any given time and don't play too defensively. Don't be afraid to get hit, just don't be too willy nilly about dodging either.

Usually the reasons for people timing out isn't a lack of skill but lack of proper preparation or going into fights with the wrong mindset. You want to make the monsters your b****, not kite them and wait until you get big openings. Monster Hunter is all about making your own openings.

Thanks for the pointers. I never thought of that. I always do a very defensive technique which always took up so much time. I think my other fault is I never really utilized the drinks (plus I never did a lot of combining prior) during battles and meals prior to battles. I might take another go at it from a more offensive perspective.

JaxonH

@scubydo
Ya, knowledge of the game mechanics and proper strategy really makes all the difference.

Be sure to download all the DLC from the main menu but you have to claim it from your housekeeper. I give you so many items from so many item packs that it really makes the early game gathering grind trivial.

On top of that you really do have to focus on dealing damage consistently, and maximizing that damage output. The game is about not getting hit but at the same time you have to hit the monster too, and you have to hit them consistently with solid damage if you want to actually complete the quest in a reasonable time period (or at all for that matter).

Always, always always eat a meal before a hunt. At first you’ll only be able to increase your health by +20 via meals. But later in the game you’ll be getting the full +50. Same for stamina +50.

And you always need to have hot drinks in cold environments and cold drinks and hot environments. Otherwise your health will just constantly drain or your stamina will constantly shrink. And you definitely want to keep 10 mega potions on you at all times, 10 well done steaks for stamina, with 20 whetstones, 2 traps and 8 tranqs, as well as 2 max potions, antidotes (or better yet, herbal medicines) for getting poisoned, paintballs, and you should know your weapon like the back of your hand and what the endless combo is. Also, optional items in addition to these are encouraged, but those are the must-haves.

And if you don’t know your weapon that well, just google the Gaijin Hunter tutorial for that weapon on YouTube. It’s OK if it’s for the 3DS version of the game or Generations. The move sets still apply.

And then you just go out on the arena training quest for your weapon type and practice practice practice until you have all the combos down to muscle memory. Practice your diving when in combat with a monster, since that is your emergency i-frames, and practice your hit-and-run patterns.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Animal Crossing, Ori and the Blind Forest, Trials of Mana, DOOM64
PC: The Witcher 3, DOOM Eternal, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Monster Hunter World

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Xenoblade HD, Persona 5 S
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

scubydo

Okay so I am rebooting this one...and giving it another go...fully from scratch. As for ALL the DLC items...are there any that help up front with the game progress? I know the eggs can be sold, but I can't remember if all of them can or just some? Also, for weapons and armor, should I save the materials for later game, or go ahead an upgrade early so I can have an advantage? Thanks!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic