Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,843

zionich

So full disclosure, I have always thought that recovery shots are useless. It would be so hard to actually shoot a hunter with a healing shot. The other day my group was getting pummeled and I figured what the heck. Wow. It's an AOE heal. Now I am considering having a light bow gun support build lol.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

DarkRula

Just starting out with Dual Blades. Did me good back on 4 Ultimate, so I'm hoping for the same luck here.
Too bad when I first started I tried hunting a Great Maccoa without preparing since the demo made me feel all powerful. I've picked up on stuff again, so hunts are no longer a problem.
Most of the time.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

CroRock

Omg those gatherings quests never ends! 😡
Over 20h and still didn’t unlock ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Village quests.
I’m stuck with LB green sharpness which turns yellow after 3-4 hits. It’s so annoying sharpening all the time because most of monsters bouncing my attacks on yellow.
Thinking about making Kut-Ku GS now and wait for better CB to show up at smith

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

FattyWhale_42

Tsurii wrote:

@FattyWhale_42 wanna join?

I just now saw this... so no wonder you weren't surprised to see me drop in! xD

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

FattyWhale_42

@Tsurii Nice!

Hey, you wanna knock out some Keys?

FattyWhale_42

JaxonH

@CroRock

Check out the Quest List on Kiranico for the Key Quests needed to progress to each star rank. Most of the gathering quests are not required for progression

https://mhgu.kiranico.com

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FattyWhale_42

@Tsurii You can pick whatever you want... when it's your turn.

FattyWhale_42

FattyWhale_42

@Tsurii No worries, I found a room too. xD

FattyWhale_42

JasmineDragon

@JaxonH Nobody else seems to have noticed this, but I'm right there with you on how good this looks. I just tried the demo for the first time, expecting some slightly uprezzed versions of the muddy graphics I know from MH3U's 3DS appearance, and I'm honestly stunned.

This does NOT look like a 3DS game. It doesn't feel like one, either. It's an amazing piece of work.

I wasn't planning to buy this, but I might actually have to now just so I can watch the dinosaurs. I love me some pretty dinosaurs.

Edited on by JasmineDragon

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

JaxonH

@JasmineDragon
Ya. For being a 3DS port, it looks surprisingly good! The colors pop way more in person than in the videos.

An honest assessment- it looks like a game designed for PS3. Which, ok, I know that may not sound impressive in the age of Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, but for being a 3DS port, to look like a PS3 game... it's dang impressive. Idk what it is though, but the videos just don't do the game justice.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FattyWhale_42

@Tsurii Haha, sure. Have a good night. ^_^

FattyWhale_42

CroRock

Tsurii wrote:

@CroRock make the iron stuff, bone is basically worthless until endgame or the right upgrade paths pop up.

Hm.. ok, thanks for suggestion.. I’ll keep that on my mind.

@JaxonH
Yea, it seems like I’m going to look at these.. doing all quests is a waste of time atm

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

@CroRock
Ya, you'll only get frustrated and bored. It's nice having a wealth of quests to choose from for whatever mood you're in or materials you need to gather or monsters to hunt, but when you're ready to move on, best to just focus on the key quests and move on. You can always come back later if you want to do some of the other quests.

JaxonH

Oh my gosh, this guy one shots a Valstrax. Seriously, watch this video. He explains the math behind it and how he got the damage multipliers to achieve over the 7,100 HP needed to one shot Valstrax.

Skip to 2:25 to get past their stupid hype buildup, it's annoying.

Edited on by JaxonH

zionich

That is still pretty cool.

JaxonH

@zionich
I know right!

It just razzles my mind how people figure this stuff out.

zionich

Well, had to solo the Blangonga but Yay HR2!

JaxonH

@zionich
Congrats!

I just helped my brother do that on Saturday. I'm HR6 and just kind of lingering while he catches up.

I want to go back and start working on every quest in the game though. I want MHGU to last me years. So unlike past MH titles where it was a race to G rank at breakneck speeds, for this one I want to soak it all up for years to come. But, I do plan to progress to G rank once my bro catches up.

Anyways, Idk if you're just doing key quests, but I'd like to go into the hub and start knocking out every quest under ever Hunter Rank. If you ever just want to plow through some quests and get a bunch of mats, unlock canteen items, monster parts, etc I'm game. Can always throw on some LR armor to make it more fair

Eel

Nah. Be assertive. Stand your ground.

But you should feel very very bad if you do the same to a hunting horn fellow.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic