Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime 4: The Long(er) Wait

Posts 701 to 720 of 939

Dezzy

@Ninfan

The rumour said 3 didn't it? Prime Trilogy, Prime 4 and Super Metroid Remake?

I hope that rumour is true. It's basically everything I wanted. Super Metroid is my favourite in the series. Prime is my 2nd favourite. And I never played Prime 2 and 3, but I'm guessing I'll love them.

So I'd basically play everything in the last asap.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

The Metroid Prime Trilogy HD rumors just won't die. Simply because it makes too much sense. But a Metroid 3 remake? Most 16-bit games age incredibly well, which makes this rumored remake seem unnecessary.

I dunno. Maybe Nintendo looked at the Seiken Densetsu remakes and thought, "eh, why not?"

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

@Magician

The one thing which absolutely needs to be remade is the controls. Samus Returns on the 3DS controlled so perfectly, whereas the original Super Metroid is incredibly clumsy if you play it today. Everything made before analog sticks controls badly today, unless it's based on entirely 4 directional movement like FF6.

I'd be dubious about the graphics of the remake though. There's a good chance it'd end up losing the atmosphere and style of the original.

Spoony_Tech

They could definitely screw it up but considering we can always just go back to the original I'm willing to give them a shot.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

I guess Super Metroid is a logical choice for a remake, though I feel like they should move onto making brand new 2D Metroid after that one, assuming it's true.

And of course I'm still eager to try out HD Trilogy. Even more so if they somehow manage to keep the motion controls in, regardless of it being gyro-based rather than IR.

TuVictus

Ninfan

Dezzy wrote:

@Ninfan

The rumour said 3 didn't it? Prime Trilogy, Prime 4 and Super Metroid Remake?

I hope that rumour is true. It's basically everything I wanted. Super Metroid is my favourite in the series. Prime is my 2nd favourite. And I never played Prime 2 and 3, but I'm guessing I'll love them.

So I'd basically play everything in the last asap.

@Dezzy they said TWO BRAND NEW GAMES. So that means there not remakes . I'd guess they'll make some remakes two, you know the way they don't tell you until the games nearly out. I mean you'll get a million people buying switch when them games come out . I remember how metroid prime sold a million gamecubes when it came out .I think the prime trilogy is just the metroid prime and echos from gamecube and the wii metriod ( I think )

Ninfan

Dezzy

@Ninfan

If you go and read the tweet, it's quite clear what they mean. They're saying "new" games to simply mean unannounced thus far.
So the 2 "new" games are 2 old games.

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, Master Chief Collection really sets a high standard for collections. Metroid: The Samus Aran Collection containing:

Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid II/Metroid Samus Returns
Super Metroid
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Other M
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Prime Hunters
Metroid Prime Federation Force

Where Prime 2, Prime Hunters and Federation Force has online multiplayer where applicable.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Hunters and Other M are missing too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TuVictus

Yeah I'm sure they don't really want to remind everyone of Other M, at least not when trying to bring Metroid Prime back into the public consciousness

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

I'm really interested in how they'd handle a Super Metroid remake. When they remade Metroid 2, even though I feel they did a really good job, they had a low bar to hit. Most people don't care about Metroid 2, and its super dated and easy to improve upon. Super Metroid however is an all time classic that's highly beloved by a wide variety of people to this day. So people are really attached to this, so its far easier to not make people happy with it.

To me, this is one of those cases where it needs to either be a very faithful remake or something very different. Personally, because of that, I had kinda hoped that a Super Metroid remake would be in the Prime style instead, to see what directions they could take that with. That's not what is going to happen, so...we'll see!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

sixrings

I really wish they could rework federation force. I liked the different take and perhaps with a few tweaks it could be successful on a system which people are addicted to buying games.

sixrings

TuVictus

@kkslider5552000 A prime styled remake of Super Metroid would be absolutely amazing to see. I love that idea

TuVictus

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Personally, because of that, I had kinda hoped that a Super Metroid remake would be in the Prime style instead, to see what directions they could take that with. That's not what is going to happen, so...we'll see!

How could that even work? It's a 2D game, so remaking it in 3D would mean every area is just a narrow corridor of sorts. That would be really boring for a 3D game, so they'd almost definitely end up changing the design and puzzles to incorporate the 3D.....which means it wouldn't actually be Super Metroid anymore.

Bolt_Strike

@kkslider5552000 They could probably add some mechanics and powerups, Samus Returns' melee counter and maybe Aeion abilities would be nice additions, and maybe they could think of some more new mechanics as well. As for powerups, Spider Ball sticks out as the most obvious candidate. Maybe they could also adapt the Boost Ball to 2D. IDK, Super Metroid is one of the most complete games when it comes to powerups, so it'd be harder to think up new ones to add in this game.

Design wise, they really should try to be more faithful than Zero Mission and Samus Returns. Except Maridia. Maridia's design is awful. The whole area is fairly linear, there's only 3 powerups there, 2 of which are optional, and they should make that shortcut back to Brinstar more obvious so you don't think you have to go halfway around all of freaking Zebes to get to the path leading to Draygon (or implement fast travel like Samus Returns). I'd be more than happy for them to throw Maridia's old design in the shredder and give it a Zero Mission/Samus Returns esque overhaul so it has more to do and more branching paths and feels more like a proper Metroid area instead of a linear slog.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000

Dezzy wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Personally, because of that, I had kinda hoped that a Super Metroid remake would be in the Prime style instead, to see what directions they could take that with. That's not what is going to happen, so...we'll see!

How could that even work? It's a 2D game, so remaking it in 3D would mean every area is just a narrow corridor of sorts. That would be really boring for a 3D game, so they'd almost definitely end up changing the design and puzzles to incorporate the 3D.....which means it wouldn't actually be Super Metroid anymore.

That's exactly my point. I don't really buy remakes anymore (and largely only did in the past for a lack of owning the original), so a Prime styled remake would be so different that it would, in fact, be a new game. I mean, you could keep some linear corridors and other areas that are familiar, you just rework the rest while keeping what you can within that context that works.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

I-U

Super Metroid being remade with Samus Returns in mind would be a disappointment to me, but I'm sure it would go over well for many since I guess it's great. At best, I only think that remake is better than the original and Metroid II, so I definitely don't think MSR should serve as the foundation for a remake of an already superior game. It would be awesome to see Super Metroid remade in Prime-style as @kkslider5552000 suggested as it would probably result in something very similar to the original Metroid Prime just more open with more branching paths.

Metroid Fusion seemed like it would be next up based on the ending from Samus Returns, and Fusion I feel has more room to adjust and improve than Super Metroid. The bar for a remake there isn't nearly as high.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD seems very obvious, but I'm not excited for that until I actually see Nintendo showcase that collection for the Switch. These rumors have turned up empty too many times before for me to still be excited over a possibility.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Dezzy

@kkslider5552000

You're basically just saying you want another Prime game. I've got some good news!

EvilLucario

@I-U I don't think Fusion will get remade, since that was scrapped to be Samus Returns.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

Hmmm I've never played Fusion now I think of it. Got it on my 3DS though so might add it to my next-game-to-play list.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic