Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime 4: The Long(er) Wait

Posts 521 to 540 of 939

Grumblevolcano

I'm not surprised as Nintendo's online multiplayer catalog right now is too weak for a paid online subscription.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

19Robb92

It's probably true. Nintendo needs to start implementing online features in most of their titles now to give people an incentive to pay for it. Hopefully we'll start seeing more online Co-Op, instead of just local Co-Op, in game like Kirby etc.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

FragRed

@MisterPi Best way to do multiplayer would be have a separate team focus just on that aspect of the game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

meleebrawler

Online co-op could be a great way to tie-in the events of Federation Force, from their perspective.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Tyranexx

A co-op option would be nice, but I'm only on board as long as there's a strong single player campaign. Since I've been playing Tri Force Heroes lately, this is a definite want.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

You can't optimise a game for single player and co-op. One will always feel a little off. So I prefer no co-op at all. A separate online multiplayer mode is fine, I don't really care about that anyway.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Honestly, it makes sense. They've gotten a lot of sales and mileage out of multiplayer games and they don't really have an FPS multiplayer, so it's reasonable to think Prime 4 could benefit from it.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

EvilLucario

I'm down for multiplayer in Metroid. As long as I get a banging single-player, I'll be down for multiplayer.

Heck, if Bandai Namco (if that rumor they're working on the game is even true, which I doubt) is the one working on the multiplayer while most of the effort and work is poured into the single-player, I'm 100% fine with that.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

ieatdragonz

We already have a multiplayer, co-op Prime game guys! It's called Federation Force!

...guys?

Honestly I don't really think Prime 4 needs co-op. I'd rather them focus all attention possible to making this game worthy of the Prime title, with a kick-ass single player. If they add it, I probably wouldn't even touch it.

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

19Robb92

8-Bit_Superman wrote:

@19Robb92 But I like local co-op.

So do I.

One does not exclude the other though.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Easy Allies discuss the rumours that Bandai Namco are heading development of MP4. I won't spoil it, it starts at the ~19.50 mark to ~28 minute mark.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Dezzy

May be too early to really resurrect this thread but I just had to post this awesome fanmade take on Metroid Prime 4 in Unreal engine.

Of all the "We remade a Nintendo game with modern graphics" videos I've seen, this is easily the best. Imagine if the Nintendo version looks like this:

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Cobalt

@Dezzy

Even if there are some wrong stuffs in the design, it's a fan made so no problem.
BUT, you can dream for a long time to get that kind of result on the Switch...

It's always sad to see what Nintendo could reach if they had made the choice of good SPECS for their system. I mean, because of the low SPECS of the Switch or you get Cell Shading or pixel art or low poly etc... There is always something that you have to take off, or that you have to skip. It's like Nintendo wants to be minimum one generation late....on purpose.

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Dezzy

@Cobalt

Well if they got Doom running on the Switch, something like this isn't too extreme.

I somehow doubt they'll go with this kind of art style though.

Cobalt

@Dezzy

The video that you have shown runs 1080p 60fps. No way, the Switch is able to display that kind of thing.

PS : and when I saw Doom running on the Switch, no offence but it was not really great.

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

I bet that's just your memory playing tricks on you.

EvilLucario

Well, Metroid Prime Trilogy still looks fantastic today. They could literally just make an upscaled version of Prime 3, expand the scope and resolution, and call it a day to please me.

To this day we still have nothing that plays like Metroid Prime since 2007. The closest we've gotten to that feeling was Doom 2016, what with the map, open level design, and the Nintendo-like game philosophy with glory kills. Plus, the climbing up ledges is a much more fleshed out version of the Power Grip from Prime 3 and the 2D games. But nothing that feels just like Prime.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

@Octane Man, that game really is expertly designed. I hope its success inspires similar games in the future

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic