Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime 4: The Long(er) Wait

Posts 281 to 300 of 939

Bolt_Strike

MarcelRguez wrote:

@Aurumonado It's an easier fight because of the spring ball ability. Not sure if they nerfed the Boost Guardian's damage output, I've seen mixed info about that and never checked it myself.

The Spring Ball? I don't think the Spring Ball really helps you with the Boost Guardian as much as it does the Spider Guardian.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

@Aurumonado Here's my source: http://metroid.retropixel.net/games/mprime2/versions.php

"Difficulty settings have been changed from Normal and Hard to Normal, Veteran and Hypermode. The new Normal mode is easier than the original game's Normal mode."

"With the introduction of the easier Normal mode, certain boss battles are noticeably easier to complete."

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

TuVictus

I enjoy that this thread is now a guidance / discussion for the whole prime franchise for the one person who's working their way through them now, it's really fun to read

TuVictus

meleebrawler

@MarcelRguez Eh, you still can't deny morph ball jumping helps in avoiding Boost Guardian's ground-based dashing. And unlike jumping in normal form, you won't be blind-sided by Inglets.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Tyranexx

@DarthNocturnal: That makes me feel a bit better, despite the fact that I'm playing in Normal mode (which I knew even before stepping into this thread is MPT's easy setting). So far I've lucked out and noticed Bloggs from far away, so I have plenty of time to prepare.

@Haru17: The room for the seeker missiles itself was pretty neat/creative. It makes me wonder what a modern touch-up would do to MPT to make its impressive visuals pop even more. The lore here was pretty cool as well.

Looking back, I did appreciate the build-up to the Alpha Blogg fight. Overall it was well done, and I was even able to pre-scan the boss in its tank before the actual fight. The gravity pack or whatever it's called is a nice addition, it makes the water sections more bearable. So far, I think I'm enjoying Aether's underwater areas more than Tallon IV's.

@Bolt_Strike: I figured out pretty quickly that the Boost Guardian was the boss you were referring to. You've summarized quite well why I didn't like that fight. Funnily enough, the time I actually beat it, I ended the fight with more health than I thought I would. I just lucked out, I guess. The thing about failure in video games is that you generally improve as a result. XD

I'll continue looking for that final key in the area you suggested.

Operative2-0 wrote:

I enjoy that this thread is now a guidance / discussion for the whole prime franchise for the one person who's working their way through them now, it's really fun to read

I quite agree. However, like what I did with my transition between Prime 1 and Echoes, I'll likely take a brief break from the series before starting Corruption.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Octane

Maybe I should replay the old Prime games soon. I've got my GameCube set up again and I'm working my way through Mario Sunshine. I think Prime is next.

Octane

Octane

@DarthNocturnal Didn't know there were any differences. But I own the PAL version, and there's only one as far as I can see.

Octane

MarcelRguez

@Octane @DarthNocturnal It's worth mentioning that the PAL version also corrected some bugs from the NTSC-U version of the game. It's a trade-off, I guess.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

I want to go back and try early Power Bombs in Prime 2 sometime. I spent hours trying to pull that one off but was never successful. Supposedly the Power Bombs can one-shot the Boost Guardian which would be infinitely satisfying.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I want to go back and try early Power Bombs in Prime 2 sometime. I spent hours trying to pull that one off but was never successful. Supposedly the Power Bombs can one-shot the Boost Guardian which would be infinitely satisfying.

I'd love to try that, though I can think of worse fates for that thing than death by Power Bomb.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I'd love to try that, though I can think of worse fates for that thing than death by Power Bomb.

Well, there's nothing worse you can actually do to it in the games.

Speaking of sequence breaking though, I'd love it if they could actually make sequence breaking an actual part of the gameplay instead of just an exploit the fans discover. That's one way Metroid could take a page from BotW and Mario Odyssey is providing the opportunity for multiple ways to progress and get past obstacles.

Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Zero Laser from Smash?

That's perfect!

I did a lot of exploring in Echoes last night and found some useful stuff (Missile Expansions mostly, but I found an Energy Tank and the Dark Missiles/whatever they're called as well). I also finally found the third Torvus key (thanks @Bolt_Strike) and saved right before tackling whatever lovely thing is waiting in the Dark Torvus Temple.

meleebrawler

@Tyranexx The Darkburst? It certainly packs a punch against strong light-world creatures, and the suction of the black hole has good range, provided you can aim it well.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Bolt_Strike

Prime 2's missile combos are a lot more fun than Prime 1's. I mean, what could be more amazing than shooting enemies with a freaking BLACK HOLE OF DEATH?

How about attacking enemies by SHATTERING REALITY around them?

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx

@meleebrawler: That's correct, the Dark Burst. I haven't tested it yet, but now I'm itching to give it a try.

Bolt_Strike

I actually did go back and attempt the Early Power Bombs again. Still couldn't pull it off. I've been able to Ghetto Jump off the map successfully, but after that I haven't really been able to navigate the Secret Worlds to get to the Power Bomb Expansion. I'm too far below the map to open up the door to the next room and I can't figure out how to climb back up. At best I've been able to get the next room to spawn for a split second before disappearing again, which is too short for the game to register that I've moved into that room. Anyone have experience with Secret Rooms?

Bolt_Strike

Haru17

Honestly an 8th gen underwater level is a big part of why I'm excited for 4. If they can channel even a little Retro studios aesthetics then a level on an ocean planet or something would be legit beautiful.

And, god, I hope they don't try to make this game look like anime. Metroid is about aliens; gross, intricately crafted aliens. You can't really convey that without a realistic art style. Pastel colors and large, cel-shaded objects just don't work. We need those creatures to have lots of tiny little feelers and be gross and shiny — another texture that's hard to convey with anime.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Bolt_Strike

I'd like to see them work with some more unique settings this time. That was one thing I liked about Prime 2, most of the settings were fairly unique environments that we don't really see in a Metroid game, I don't think there's ever been another Metroid game that has a desert level or a swamp level. Some type of water and lava environment is pretty much necessary, sure, but shake things up with them. Maybe something like an underwater base, an abandoned port, a tropical island, an above ground volcano, etc.

Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic