Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime 4: The Long(er) Wait

Posts 201 to 220 of 939

roy130390

@MarcelRguez For some reason I believe that Metroid Prime 4 will surprise us with being in development for a long time and showing an actual trailer in a Nintendo direct or something, which will point out to a late 2018 release date. That being said, I believe that just on a hunch and nothing else, I don't think he's hinting anything on this interview.

The logic thing to do is to wait for a 2019 release date I suppose.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

MarcelRguez

@roy130390 That's definitely a possibility, especially since we don't know who's developing it exactly. On the other hand, what's Reggie supposed to do? Say it might make it to 2019 if this is not the case?

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Ooh boy, you're about to encounter one of the most difficult bosses in the entire Trilogy. Be prepared to die. A lot.

That's comforting. XD I've been abusing save stations when I can. So far I've noticed Torvus has a bit of a water problem, but that hasn't bothered me much...yet.

I have encountered a couple of Grenchlers...ugh. I disliked the baby Sheegoths in Prime 1, but these are, if possible, even harder to kill. Not impossible, but a pain. Bloggs haven't shown up on my radar yet as I don't have any entries detailing them.

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Have a nice swim. And be sure to write about it on your.... “blog“.

It was requested that I post updates on my progress. I think it's helping keep the thread interesting. I may play a little this evening, but I'm out of town for a wedding the rest of the weekend.

Also...Samus has a brother? O.o

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarcelRguez

Tyranexx wrote:

Also...Samus has a brother? O.o

All the backstory you "need" to know is in the manga and in Zero Mission's extra gallery (or Japanese Fusion's gallery, whatever you want to call it). Ignore anything else, really.

MarcelRguez

roy130390

@MarcelRguez Yeah, most people would ask "why didn't they show the trailer at E3 then?". Well, that's because I think they were sure they didn't need the trailer to win the E3. The Mario Odyssey trailer along with the others like Kirby , the announcements of Metroid Prime 4 being real and a main Pokemon game were more than enough. With that, they have the upcoming Directs to gather the attention of the gaming community and the media for way more time to come than if they have released the trailer now. They can revive the passion and interest of people at the moment they see the hype is fading with more force than ever by doing that and at the same time, win more time without so much negative feedback in case the game needs to be delayed.

About Reggie in the case of development taking much more time: well, I imagine him not doing much. I can't imagine him giving away any information about the release date if that's the case even as speculation, at least for rest of this year, and that he will continue avoiding it as much as he can. He will talk about how much effort and dedication they have been putting on this game to live up to the fans expectations and that they have been paying attention, so we should stay alert for any upcoming announcement.

I really don't see Metroid Prime 4 taking so much time since after all the wait, not responding at the right time to the hype could turn into something really negative. Maybe how much they prioritize on it will be affected by Samus Returns remake reception.

@Tyranexx yeah listen to Marcel, at this point is just my speculation and I'm just the equivalent of your average friendly internet theorist

Edited on by roy130390

Bolt_Strike

Tyranexx wrote:

That's comforting. XD I've been abusing save stations when I can.

Yup. You think Amorbis is bad, you ain't seen nothing yet. This next boss will make Amorbis look like a cakewalk.

Tyranexx wrote:

So far I've noticed Torvus has a bit of a water problem, but that hasn't bothered me much...yet.

I have encountered a couple of Grenchlers...ugh. I disliked the baby Sheegoths in Prime 1, but these are, if possible, even harder to kill. Not impossible, but a pain. Bloggs haven't shown up on my radar yet as I don't have any entries detailing them.

The answer to both of these is that you haven't seen the lower areas of Torvus. That's where the Bloggs are and where most of the underwater sections are.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Haru17

I think it'd be smart for them to just forget about Stylux and the metroid egg in 4 and finally put an origin story for Samus in one of the actual games, especially considering that this will be a ton of peoples' first Metroid game.

Let's see Samus' home planet and family for real, then let's see them get messed up by space pirates. Let's see the Chozo at all (no the ghost enemy type doesn't count), then let's see them get messed up by metroids or something. That provides and impetus for Samus to go on the rest of her journey, and maybe it even takes place on the same planets so she can walk through the ruined levels as she's exploring all metroidvania style. This part with her as an adult could be after Prime 3 so the timeline doesn't get too confusing.

We've never seen this series tackle truly lived-in environments, so I'd like to see that. I want to be able to tell what the daily drama of the people who lived in the once-civilized parts of the map is Skyrim and Life is Strange-style.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

MarcelRguez

@roy130390 Can't see much problem with what you said besides that bit about M:SR. To be honest, I believe Nintendo thinks 2D Metroid and Prime are completely different things, and that one shouldn't interfere with the other. It's the reason why we didn't get another 2D game for more than a decade.

@Haru17

Haru17 wrote:

Stylux

I see what you did there.

MarcelRguez

Haru17

@MarcelRguez Honest mistake, but he is just a stupid faceless, dimensionless boss from Hunters in the end.

MarcelRguez

@Haru17 There's no disagreeing there, but it's not like they won't flesh him out as a character if Tanabe intends to make more games with him as the main antagonist. Honestly, I'm just glad they aren't pulling something from their behinds to bring Phazon back.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

roy130390

Haru17 wrote:

@MarcelRguez Honest mistake, but he is just a stupid faceless, dimensionless boss from Hunters in the end.

That kinda applies to everything Metroid though, especially villains and any other character aside from Samus. That is easily corrected by developing the character in the next game too.

I do like your idea about getting to know more about Samus and the Chozo.

@MarcelRguez Yeah, I think so too but I'm a bit paranoid at this point, so I would buy Metroid cotton swabs just to be sure.

Haru17

@MarcelRguez We finished the fight.

And I just think a completely new villain — and visual design for that matter — would be better suited than a preexisting character. It's strange, I didn't realize Hunters was developed by Nintendo internal. I thought it was some throwaway western dev, haha.

Haru17

@DarthNocturnal Weird, I always forget that there's a studio called 'Nintendo' in Washington. I wonder what they're working on besides that Super Mario Maker port and Mario & DK Amiibo game.

Edited on by Haru17

Bolt_Strike

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Really, every boss in MP2 makes the boss before it look like a cakewalk.

Except Power Bomb Guardian. Pretty weak for a flower that shoots bombs at you.

Eh, not really. Boost Guardian and Spider Guardian spike in difficulty, the rest are pretty reasonable.

But yeah, Power Bomb Guardian was kind of easy and barely felt like a boss. Kind of a shame, I'd have loved to see an Ing Hive boss around that point, you really don't do anything there except fight Quadraxis, collect the two Sky Temple Keys, and the usual expansions. Would've been awesome to have a Power Bomb Guardian in Ing Hive instead, like maybe a Dark Rezbit. A Rezbit boss would be pretty intimidating.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

meleebrawler

@Bolt_Strike But the irony about Power Bomb Guardian is that if you didn't fight it in an area with an overhang to crush it with, it'd be totally unbeatable. The bomb slots didn't actually hurt it, the lifebar was just a measure of progress.

Anyways, the teases. The Federation Force one can easily be ignored since it has always been implied that one can simply mosey on over to SR388 if they ever need to grab some more Metroids (and then cheaply clone them). As for the Prime 3 ship, it could really be anything. Could be Sylux, though the aesthetic of the ship doesn't really match. Maybe a Phryssigian (whatever the name of Rundas's home planet is spelled)?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Haru17

I think you guys are forgetting how lame Petey Piranha, The Thing, and Omega Sigma Phi were as bosses in the first game. Meanwhile Echoes has you fighting a Scarab three years before Halo managed it.

Bolt_Strike

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Bolt_Strike

While not really difficult, I hated fighting Chykka. And Quadraxis has like, 3-4 phases.

Well yeah, the later fights did get longer, but not necessarily harder.

meleebrawler wrote:

@Bolt_Strike But the irony about Power Bomb Guardian is that if you didn't fight it in an area with an overhang to crush it with, it'd be totally unbeatable. The bomb slots didn't actually hurt it, the lifebar was just a measure of progress.

Well they could always put one in Ing Hive, but what I'm saying is they should've done a completely different concept for the Power Bomb Guardian. Climbing up Spider Ball tracks and activating Bomb Slots isn't really much of a fight, and a Sporb is too passive an enemy to make a good boss. That fight feels more like a puzzle than an actual boss, take out the lifebar and the boss music and I wouldn't even be able to tell it was one.

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@meleebrawler

Phrygis, which is a moon of Bes III. Also, he's impaled. Unless he has ice-based healing powers..... or is part Saiyan.

I think he means another Phryggian other than Rundas.

Also spoilers plz.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Speaking of doing things in Prime 2 differently, I have to wonder if they were to do Prime Trilogy HD, would they add any more content to the games or just the same games at higher resolutions? I can think of several things, particularly for the first two games, that they could add.

Bolt_Strike

Haru17

@Bolt_Strike Really? I feel like that would take away from the experience since the items are so tied into the progression and narrative, and mapped to specific boss fights.

I feel like a proper HD remake of the trilogy would have to be done by Bluepoint or Retro themselves, and feature brand new texture work. I would love to see some of Echoes' skyboxes in HD. Also, I would hate a remake that focused on 1 above 2 and 3 assuming that's the game most people would play. That'd be even more disrespect than the lazy Twilight Princess HD remake.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic