Forums

Topic: Mario, Zelda, Metroid are all coming. What is left to wait?

Posts 101 to 119 of 119

Pho

@Octane Well, to each their own.

On topic, I hope that we can get some frsh IP's coming out of Nintendo a bit more frequently on Switch. Add more to their library of series.

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Ryu_Niiyama

@Nicolai LOL nice Sly Cooper reference.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Nicolai

@Ryu_Niiyama Haha, yeah!

Yeah, that's what it was.

A reference.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Timppis

@Nicolai

I would love to have your skill on displaying emotions through Internet forum posts.

Quite good sir, quite good.

Timppis

SKTTR

@Peek-a-Boo

Thanks for the list, I add a few games and info and sort it.

Duck Hunt (last game 1984, NES)
Stunt Race (last game 1994, SNES)
Mario's Picross (last game 1995, SNES) - last handheld game on 3DS
Pilotwings (last game 1996, Nintendo 64) - last handheld game on 3DS
MOTHER (last game 1999, Nintendo 64DD, CANCELED) - last handheld game GBA, 2003
Puzzle League / Panel de Pon / Tetris Attack (last game 2000, Nintendo 64) - last handheld game DS, 2007
Luigi's Mansion (last game 2002, Gamecube) - last handheld game on 3DS
Wave Race (last game 2002, Gamecube)
F-Zero (last game 2003, Gamecube)
1080° (last game 2003, Gamecube)
Paper Mario (last game 2004, Gamecube) - last not-classic game in the series on Wii U
Chibi-Robo! (last game 2005, Gamecube) - last handheld game on 3DS
Excite Truck (last game 2007, Wii)
WarioWare (last game 2007, Wii)
Super Mario Strikers (last game 2007, Wii)
Animal Crossing (last game 2008, Wii) - last handheld game in the series on 3DS
Wario Land (last game 2008, Wii)
Art Style (last game 2009, Wii)
Punch-Out!! (last game 2009, Wii)
Rhythm Paradise (last game 2009, Wii) - last handheld game in the series on 3DS

I took off Pikmin and Donkey Kong from this list because they had recent entries on Wii U.
Also, I only took home consoles into account. Of course, games series that are already announced for Switch (Fire Emblem, Metroid, Pokémon) don't need to be on this list as well.

I personally want a real Animal Crossing and Chibi-Robo game the most, while another home-console EarthBound game is probably just a dream. I also had to add the Art Style games and Excite Truck among a few other games as some of my favourites I'd like to return.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

erv

I'm up for f-zero and luigi's mansion.

To be fair, luigi's mansion on 3ds is a thing, so it's far more recent than a gamecube title as a franchise.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Haru17

@SKTTR No, the last core Paper Mario game was Super Paper Mario on the Wii (2007). Just because you're not turn-based doesn't mean you're not an RPG — the puzzle and the partner elements are still there, and the narrative is the most important part. This time they just chose to finally flesh out the core Super Mario case of Peach / Bowser / Luigi.

But I would be up for another Strikers and Luigi's Mansion game (just swap back developers!). I would love to see what Rosalina's star abilities would look like in that over the top metal box art style and world.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

SKTTR

@Haru17:

Yeah, Super Paper Mario (and probably even Paper Mario: Color Splash for Wii U but I haven't played it) count for me.
It's just that after The Thousand-Year Door the turn-based gameplay so many Paper Mario fans loved was gone and they want it back, at least occasionally.
I don't care that much, I loved Super Paper Mario, I found it fresh and faster, and story, characters, and world design was just as excellent as in the two games before. I wish Nintendo would give Paper Mario Color Splash and a new turn-based Paper Mario another chance on Switch. I would buy both!

@erv:

Yes, it's a thing! Luigi's Mansion 2 is one of the best examples as I think it did everything right for people that have played the Gamecube version like me.

It's also a thing that I tend to be disappointed in sequels on worse hardware that result in sequels that look worse than the original.

• I was disappointed in Phantom Hourglass after The Wind Waker because of the top down graphics and the many late pop-ups when travelling the ocean.
  • I was disappointed in Yoshi's Island DS after Yoshi's Island because the screen(s) still felt way too small.
  • I was NOT disappointed in Chibi-Robo Park Patrol after Chibi-Robo. It is such a great sequel, but it would be so much better on Wii, Wii U or Switch.

And so I never played Luigi's Mansion 2. It's a sad story....

Luigi's Mansion 2 definately looks amazing on the 3DS, but man, just like any other DS or 3DS game I'd rather had it on Wii, Wii U, or Switch.

Now you can see the pattern. I want these games to look as good as possible. I'm graphically spoiled.
I would pay for a LM1&2 Collection HD Remaster or borrow the original for one playthrough but I'm not actively buying or playing DS or 3DS games anymore. I bought many DS games in the beginning of the DS but lost interest in DS and 3DS completely with the beginning of the Wii U.

Now I have a Switch and pick my cherrys there.

TL;DR: "I only took home consoles into account." but maybe we could make an exception for Lui. Sorry!

Edited on by SKTTR

chriiiiiiiiiis

@SKTTR Sorry to kind of be a bit blunt but I don't really get why you listed the 'last game' and then put handhelds separately. Is a handheld game not a real game or good enough to be considered a game? It feels like you're looking down on handheld gaming as below a home console which isn't true. Like the Luigi's Mansion game on the 3DS is both the last game and the last game on a handheld device. I don't really understand your list at all. Also Rhythm Heaven began on handhelds so I don't know why you'd only mention the Wii version. One came out for the 3DS a year or so ago and it's definitely an amazing experience. I still want Rhythm Heaven on the Switch but especially now with the Switch, you shouldn't place boundaries between the handheld side of games and home gaming.

chriiiiiiiiiis

Timppis

Why does everyone want Mario Strikers?

We get FIFA, actual Soccer game.

We don't need arcade football.

Unless there is story mode, fantastic physics, career mode, star players, etc.

And there isn't.

We need Mario Sluggers instead, not Strikers.

Edit: Actually what we need is Mario Sluggers that has Amiibo functionality that adds new fields, powerups on the fields, challenge modes, characters, and everything else imaginable.

And for that we also need story mode, franchise mode, etc. etc.

Edited on by Timppis

Timppis

SKTTR

@chriiiiiiiiiis I seperate them because there's a niche of gamers that is not into the low-spec gaming side of Nintendo's handhelds up to the New 3DS. There are many fans into the homeconsole-only side of Nintendo, just as there are (many more) totally into the handheld-only side of Nintendo, at least at the moment.

PS. I made notes for the handheld versions, so they don't appear separated anymore, but divided into "last homeconsole game" and "last handheld game".
I forgot Rhythm Paradise got a recent entry on the 3DS, edited that back in as well.

mav-i-am

I would take the following and make a "Nintendo Sports" game, to include.

1080° Snowboarding
Pilotwings
Duck Hunt
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf
Punch Out

An online special for F-Zero, give us leagues with the ability to upgrade cars in single player then cups with standard cars online.

I want loving sequels too Donkey Kong, Luigi's Mansion & Pikmin

A "proper" game of Animal Crossing

Kwirk is begging to be remade for eshop.

Nintendo pocket football club.

A turn based strategy game would be welcome too!

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Nicolai

@Timppis Fantastic to hear that! I've always struggled with doing so in real life, haha. I guess the extra time it takes to think about how to word something helps. Thanks.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Onaga

Battalion wars 3? Or no.

Onaga

Onaga

Timppis. What about Takamaru & mysterious Murasame castle? Or no? What about custom to go?

Onaga

Onaga

Custom robo? Timppis

Onaga

Adam

Balloon Fight 3 and Joy Mech Fight 2. A sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising would be nice, too, so long as the control scheme is playable by anyone, not just contortionists.

But they've knocked it out of the park with ARMS and Splatoon, so I mostly hope they keep trying new things.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.