Forums

Topic: Mario Tennis Aces

Posts 261 to 280 of 311

SonOfVon

Snaplocket wrote:

@SonOfVon That has to be the most blatant lie I've ever heard. My connection isn't the best and yet almost all of my 100 plus matches were lag-free. It almost never lagged outside of doubles matches.

why the hell would I lie about lag in a freaking game? what possibly could I gain from it? I'd be happy af if it didn't lag, if I had to pay extra 10 bucks to not have lag I'd do it.

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord 

rallydefault

@SonOfVon
I think he was moreso taking issue with your blanket statement of "the online is terrible.lags all the time."

Makes it look like you're stating it as fact for not only you but for everyone playing the game, which obviously isn't true.

I totally believe you are getting lag, but I haven't had any issues so far.

rallydefault

rallydefault

@Henmii
It is fun - I definitely enjoyed it. But yea, if you're not someone who is going to play lots of multiplayer, this is NOT the game to buy at full price right now.

rallydefault

Henmii

@rallydefault,

Well, at least I didn't pay full price. It did cost me 51 Euro. Still expensive though.

Henmii

JammyTWOsugars

Snaplocket wrote:

Waluigi DEFINITELY got nerved post update. He still has great reach, but he's way slower then before and he's now one of the weakest hitters.

I still use waluigi as my primary player.

Hey dude, you're on my friends list! How are you finding your time with Aces?

I've played lots of online matches and breeze through to the semi final and just cannot progress urgh. As others have stated the gameplay is thoroughly enjoyable and keeps me coming back.

Consoles: Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3ds

Nateorious

anyone playing much of this?

any thoughts after the latest patch?

Nateorious

jn2002dk

Nateorious wrote:

anyone playing much of this?

any thoughts after the latest patch?

Well the Bowser Jr nerf was well deserved and has brought him more in line with Waluigi. Sadly, the nerf to backwards trickshots means you can now drop shot spam to win. In my humble opinion, it's now more broken than it was before

jn2002dk

Moroboshi876

I don't know when the patch is due, but I try to update my game and it says I already have the latest version.

I just ran into a Bowser Jr. in quarter-finals and tried to reject the match 4 times, but ultimately accepted because it was always popping up. And lost hard. He doesn't just reach every shot, but his energy circle is filled very quickly and he ended all points with a special shot, so I ran out of rackets in the first set.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Moroboshi876

At last I reach a final (simple rules though) and... I'm waiting for a rival for more than 10 minutes. Doesn't find a match. It should count as a victory for me, right? I will have to turn the console off because I have to sleep. Life sucks.

Has anybody had this problem before? No rival found?

Moroboshi876

I finally found a rival and lost the final.

But I have a new complaint. Most of the time I want to do a lob or drop shot I press the button and... my character stands still and the ball reaches its target or hits them. Many, many times. It's like the button didn't work properly.

rallydefault

Could be latency, but more often than not I try to make sure I'm almost a bit in front of the ball's location if I'm trying to drop or lob. Those two shots do seem much more finicky with your position - if you're just a bit off the mark the ball just hits your character.

rallydefault

Hyrule

I just started adventure mode properly and enjoying it alot. That all changed until I got to Blooper (spoilers ahead). FML I ranted and raged lolol. That mast in the middle of the court and the ridiculous shots he managed to achieve. In the end after alot of attempts, I ended up beating him by breaking all of his rackets. Just encountered boom boom now and I can feel my blood boiling lol. Makes the mariokart cpu cheating look positively tame

Edited on by Hyrule

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

Moroboshi876

@Hyrule Adventure mode is a lot of fun. I finished it and just wished I could have more hours of it. Shamefully when it ends, that's all folks.

rallydefault

@Hyrule
If you hated the mast, just wait for the Kamek match. It's not mandatory, though.

rallydefault

EvilLucario

Lol Kamek's challenge was pretty challenging. Hardest challenge in the game.

Overall the Adventure Mode was a cozy ride though. I'm not sure how people were struggling with it back when it first released.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The new update is out now. The key parts are 1 set, 6 game matches for free play and swing mode as well as a retry button for adventure mode.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

Blooper is here

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

bluemage1989

@EvilLucario I think cosy sums up the whole game perfectly to be honest. Really enjoy it.

bluemage1989

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic