Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 941 to 960 of 2,057

Lroy

This is the game I bought my Switch for. I'm one of the few folks not to buy ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (have never stuck with any of the previous ZELDA entries I tried: TP on Wii and PHANTOM HOURGLASS for DS) and so wished SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY would have been a launch title back in March. I've pre-ordered this from Tesco Direct in the U.K. and managed to only pay £3. The wife's Tesco club points took care of the rest of the charge. We've decided to keep SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY under wraps until Christmas as a family gift to us and my kids from 'Santa'. Will be really hard seeing everyone playing it come the end of October but man, will be a magical Xmas game and no doubt last me well into 2018. I think for a small minority of non-Zelda fans like me, the Switch era will really now begin with the release of SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY. So excited for this game.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

Anyone else buying this now but having it as a Christmas pressie?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Late

@-Green- GameXplain actually renamed their newest video after people complained about it. Derrick didn't consider it as a spoiler since it was part of the demo that's been playable in events since E3. That said, there really are people who want to spoil everything. Derrick tweeted soon afterwards that apparently someone posted major spoilers as a reply to his tweet so he warns people to stay away from those replies. It is GameXplain's job to post guides, etc. after the game comes out so that of course may irk some people.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

FragRed

If you don't want spoilers I would say stay away from the internet altogether until Friday as it's going to be EVERYWHERE.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

GoldenGamer88

@FragRed Wouldn‘t one need to stay away from the Internet until they finished/completed the game? I mean, once it‘s officially out, the spoilers are getting even worse.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Kimyonaakuma

@GoldenGamer88 It's not that hard to avoid spoilers most of the time.
People that leak information before release just try really hard to ruin it for everyone. Most people after release are usually okay at not revealing to much in titles and thumbnails.

Obviously you have to be careful though, especially in here and on YouTube, but apart from that it's not impossible. I hope so anyway, I'll have to try and keep this game a mystery for a few months!

Kimyonaakuma

Haruki_NLI

Ive had to block a twitter account thats posting straight up ending kmages in replies to tweets.

Its a minefield out there guys. Us Nintendo fans cant have anything at all it seems :/

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

I can't wait to try out the video recording stuff on this game. Lord knows I'm gonna be taking endless amounts of clips and screenshots

TuVictus

macapala

Just signed out of my YouTube account. Why do people post thumbnail images with spoilers? Are they trying to ruin the game for others, or are they just naive?

Edited on by macapala

I attempt to play the piano with varying degrees of success...

Kimyonaakuma

@macapala A leak from a game as big as Odyssey is the ultimate clickbait. They probably can't help themselves.

There are videos now on YouTube with names and pictures of unannounced kingdoms in their thumbnails and titles. They've kept showing up in my suggestions so it's easier just to sign out for a while...

I've only had one kingdom spoiled due to this but sadly I think it might be the final one

Kimyonaakuma

Virtu_Al

God, I haven't been this genuinely hyped for a Mario game in a while! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved 3D World and Galaxy.

But this one title seems to be packed with so much stuff, I really can't wait to spend a few hours with it!

Also hello, new guy here!

Virtu_Al

GrailUK

@Virtu_Al Welcome aboard Al. And ye, Odyssey is a hark back to 64 and Sunshine. It's been too long.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

1UP_MARIO

It's so hard not to view. 5 more days. Why spoil it now if I've waited nearly a year.

Good luck everyone

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

TuVictus

Luckily my youtube page seems to be free of spoilers since I've recently been watching non game related videos. I hope there's amiibo packs available at the midnight launch, I'm dying for that Mario and Bowser amiibo

TuVictus

macapala

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

@macapala A leak from a game as big as Odyssey is the ultimate clickbait. They probably can't help themselves.

There are videos now on YouTube with names and pictures of unannounced kingdoms in their thumbnails and titles. They've kept showing up in my suggestions so it's easier just to sign out for a while...

I've only had one kingdom spoiled due to this but sadly I think it might be the final one

That makes sense.

Sorry you got spoiled, that really sucks. On the bright side, there is still a lot of the game you haven't seen yet. Try to stay positive

I attempt to play the piano with varying degrees of success...

Dezzy

Lol yeah stay off youtube if you don't want any spoilers. I'm seeing quite a few unnanounced kingdoms shown off by random youtubers.

Damn, they all look so good!

Apparently embargo lifts on Thursday for reviews btw.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

GoldenGamer88

Little less than 84 hours until friday midnight in central europe. Who needs sleep when one can play Mario Odyssey, amiright folks?

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

TuVictus

Very glad I can get it Thursday night. Get the first bit of it out of my system before needing to go to work on Friday

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@Tsurii Haven't seen a single thing since E3 lol.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic