Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 921 to 940 of 2,139

Haru17

Yeah, the lighting drawn onto Mario's model in Galaxy looks great. They would probably ruin it in the HD remake.

And, going by the Breath of the Wild clock, we still have another 21 months to go until release.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

rk3388

Question for you that pre-ordered. I have amazon prime Canada and pre-ordered odyssey late august. Do you know if this is an automatic release-day delivery ?? I got an email confirming Arms and splatoon 2 would be release day deliveries but not odyssey.

Thanks !

rk3388

Kimyonaakuma

@Dev That just sounds weird! It feels like it was just announced!

I have a feeling that it will be the next Breath of the Wild type of success. I'm happy for the people that will be able to play it next week but I'm also excited to see what the next big switch game will be! 2018 should be a great year (Switch-wise at least), hopefully I'll have a Switch by then..

Kimyonaakuma

Octane

Dev wrote:

Next Friday...

is a special day indeed, because October 27 is more like to fall on any other day than Friday (and Wednesday), so it's a relatively rare occurrence! And it's Black Cat Day!

Octane

PikPi

The peach amiibo reward is so cute, I can't wait to try it out. Loving the amiibo rewards, especially since you can get em' without amiibo! One week can't come soon enough.

PikPi

Dezzy

Dev wrote:

What gets me about Galaxy 1 and 2 is how beautiful they are even though they're Wii games. I can't imagine how much better they would look in HD!

You don't need to imagine. It renders in any resolution on the Dolphin emulator. It looks incredible. Just as good as most games release in 2017

Untitled

It's one of those games that was so well designed that you don't even need to change the old textures to make it look good.
My guess is that we'll see Galaxy remaster and Skyward Sword remasters on the Switch at some point when they need something quick and easy to fill the calendar.

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Kimyonaakuma

@Aozz101x Okay that's just perfect...well done Nintendo!

@Dezzy It looks good but some of it just looks flat when rendered in high resolutions. I think some improved lighting and normal/specular maps could really improve things.

Kimyonaakuma

Scrummer

I get the feeling Nintendo has been basically stock-piling Switches for next Friday. That way when everyone goes to the store to buy Mario, there'll be tons of Switches for those who don't have one.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Inertiacreep

@Dezzy its funny because i just decided i wanted to play this in dolphin cuz im starting to get anxious for the 27th.

Inertiacreep

Dezzy

@Inertiacreep

It actually works quite well in dolphin using a keyboard and mouse to replace the wiimote and nunchuck. Kinda weird and unexpected.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

ValhallaOutcast

@Scrummer are they still hard to get? I see them on BestBuy.ca and AMazon.ca almost everytime I am looking at the Switch section of those sites

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

1UP_MARIO

1 more week.

Untitled

Mario with peaches wedding dress

Untitled

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

As gamers we never die. We always have spare 1ups here and there and everywhere

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Samus7Killer

So they can put cross dressing Mario even suggesting the trans movement, but removed the sombrero Mario from the cover?
Hippocrite Nintendo. Shoulda kept sombrero mario on the cover, or just have it 1 image instead of the multi image mess that it is

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Kimyonaakuma

@Samus7Killer I would say that the cross dressing Mario is more of a comedic thing.

I don't think he's really involved in political issues...

Kimyonaakuma

PikPi

I'm guessing people read too into the sombrero picture. I think they just wanted to use another one. And I don't think Mario cross dressing is a statement on anything other than "hey wouldn't it be fun if Mario wore Peach's dress".

PikPi

Samus7Killer

Seems the new stickers on LINE app are Odyssey theme as well. Bought them immediately.

Samus7Killer

FragRed

@rk3388 If it's like it is in the UK then I believe yes it will be automatic release day delivery. Here in the UK Amazon usually ships the day/night before release.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic