Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 921 to 940 of 2,057

FragRed

@rk3388 I don't think we get anything off our orders on Prime in the UK other than the occasional £2 which is pretty pathetic.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

rk3388

@Operative2-0 Do you have to pre-order or are you just picking up a copy?

Amazon Prime just said they aren't doing guaranteed release-day delivery so I think I'm going to try to go to a midnight Best Buy launch or go early Friday morning.

rk3388

rk3388

@FragRed I guess I can't complain then Wish I didn't have such an expensive hobby

rk3388

TuVictus

@rk3388 I'm sure you can go without pre ordering. In fact, I'm sure that's who it should appeal to most, since people like me who have pre ordered have nothing to worry about as far as getting a copy goes :x

TuVictus

MasterWario

@rk3388 I went to cancel a game once since amazon decided to not ship it for an entire week, but they said they "weren't sure they could cancel it". Cancel a few days earlier so you can make sure amazon actually cancels your order. I surely did not want two copies of the same game!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

rk3388

@MasterWario Thanks! I'll make sure to make my mind up soon whether to cancel or not!

rk3388

rk3388

LIGHT SPOILERS
Also I am relieved about the leak of the number of kingdoms. I thought we saw way too much but knowing there are 4-5 kingdoms we haven't seen anything of yet makes me feel a lot better! It will just be New Donk City and Tosterina where I don't think I'll find much more than I already know

Edited on by rk3388

rk3388

Kimyonaakuma

@rk3388 I was worried that they were showing too much so that's good, but how is this leaking already?
I thought they changed their policy on review copies after the new Mario and Luigi...

Kimyonaakuma

FragRed

@rk3388 Don't worry, Nintendo will be holding a special All the Kingdoms extended trailer the day before launch so you will know every little secret about every kingdom in the entire game

Edited on by FragRed

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Scrummer

@ValhallaOutcast I've been seeing them more frequently. I get the feeling that, even though demand is low now, it'll skyrocket after Mario.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

rk3388

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

@rk3388 I was worried that they were showing too much so that's good, but how is this leaking already?
I thought they changed their policy on review copies after the new Mario and Luigi...

I heard there was a retailer in Portugal that gave out copies of the game early- there are a bunch of livestreams of Odyssey happening over the internet and someone posted on NeoGaf who claimed to already beat it (that's how we know all the kingdoms if it's true and I think it is)

rk3388

Octane

Just a friendly reminder to post any potential spoilers using the spoiler tags:

(spoiler)insert spoiler here(/spoiler)

Replace ''( )'' with ''[ ]''.

Octane

1UP_MARIO

Too many spoilers

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Kimyonaakuma

@rk3388 This seems to always happen for big releases like this, it doesn't really seem to worth the risk for anyone involved on the business side of things. And as for everyone else they just have to try and avoid the spoilers, none of it really seems right to me.

If the leak is true then I hope that there are a good amount of new Kingdoms....I'll just have to try and avoid them for a few months...

Kimyonaakuma

MasterWario

Now that particular spoiler was not too bad for me, in fact, if I had to know anything else about the game it'd be that...but I guess this means it's time to leave this thread until Friday! See ya! (We'll see if I can actually keep myself away, ha ha.)

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Tasuki

Played a demo at Best Buy today and absolutely loved it. Honestly I am not a big fan of 3D Mario games, although I liked 3D World and Land, but Odyssey I couldn't put it down. Looking forward to playing this game next weekend. Definitely the Switches killer app.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

1UP_MARIO

Have to be strong.
Have to be strong.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

rk3388

Warning to all! On Youtube and Twitter be extra careful. On Youtube delete your history or say "not interested" when an Odyssey video comes up. Some youtubers are jerks and they had spoilers of the final boss/ending in the thumbnail and it popped up on my recommended videos.

rk3388

-Green-

News sites like Gamexplain are also showing minor spoilers as well, so if you haven't already unsubscribe from them for the time being.

5 days. Be strong my goombas.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic