Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 841 to 860 of 2,057

Anti-Matter

@Snaplocket
There are also some good Open World type games such as Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles ps4, My Time at Portia, LEGO CIYTY UNDERCOVER, etc.

Open World games are Good as long the world is Not empty. Also, who don't want to explore and enjoy "What a Wonderful World" during gameplay ?

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Octane
But, exploring soooo Huge World is really fun, eh ?
Like a Young kid who is excited to getting know about something. Running there, running here, exploring the world, etc.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Snaplocket
Indeed, 3D Land & 3D World were Great games.
But, my mood right now tells me if Open World style feels better than Old fashioned style Mario games after I played other games with Open World style (Portal Knights)

Anti-Matter

FragRed

@Octane I think Nintendo have been really putting a lot of emphasis on the idea of jumping on/against/off things in their trailers and I am not worried that the levels won't feel empty, there will be plenty to do. How that translates into actual gameplay when we get hold of it next week is something else entirely. But I trust Nintendo not to mess about with their biggest and most valuable IP especially at a time when they need him to do really well.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Kinoen

@FragRed
I'm still a bit worried since I felt that BoTW's world was empty.

Kinoen

Octane

@Anti-Matter Not sure what you're trying to say, but the world size in Sunshine was perfect IMO. 64 was a on the small size compared to Sunshine, but there were more of them. Odyssey's worlds are a lot bigger, which is fine, as long as they're filled with actual platforms, enemies and/or other objects, i.e. content. The Dino world had a few wide open grassy plains, and I can't help but wonder why? That didn't look like a fun level TBH.

Octane

TuVictus

I'm hoping the open spaces in Dino World are just to accommodate the giant Dinosaur capturable enemy. Banjo Tooie's Terradacyland(butchered that name) did that to accommodate the similar giant Dino transformation.

TuVictus

Haru17

@Octane I dunno, New Donk City looks pretty dense and not that expansive (a lot of the skyscrapers are skybox), and the Steam Gardens just look like a Mario Galaxy level where you climb through the platforming challenges to reach the boss arena.

The desert is big but not THAT big, and there are far more points of interest than Breath of the Wild per square measurement. Moreover, the roll and capture abilities give Mario a lot more mobility than Breath of the Wild Link ever had even with the glider. You don't have to whip a horse everywhere with you, you can just throw your hat on a pole and fling yourself 20 meters up into the air.

However, like Breath with that shot in the trailer of chopping down a tree to bridge a gap, I'm worried that there won't be many designed opportunities that call for Mario to throw and jump off of his cap outside of the trailer.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

GrailUK

39/40 in Famitsu. It's confirmed this game is rubbish! Hahahaha

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Well there's the perfect score streak ruined already. It did worse than that thread where we try to count up posts before the mods arrive.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

What do people think its average Metacritic score will be? I'm going to say 96%.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ryu_Niiyama

@GrailUK Who's the sourpuss that gave it a 9? I kid, I kid.

I've been watching more gameplay recently and I can not wait for this game. The cheep cheep beach area has me truly excited (I spent a silly amount of time in Jolly Roger Bay as a kid...mainly for the music but I was there long enough that I fell in love with water levels.)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Octane

@Haru17 Donk City looks fine, as long as there's plenty of ways to scale the buildings. I was mainly talking about Dino Land or whatever it's called. I vaguely recall a sparse open field with nothing but grass. But maybe it's just my memory acting up, or maybe it was just pre-release footage.

Octane

TuVictus

Can we please, as a fan community, not freak out at every reviewer who gives the game a score less than 10? I mean, I know it's gonna happen 100%, I just like to be hopeful that we've matured as a group.

TuVictus

GrailUK

@Operative2-0 I promise you Ryu and I were joking

Haru17

Can we also not freak out over every reviewer that does give the game a 10? I know plenty of unenjoyable games people gave 9s and 10s, and while Odyssey will be great, those reviewers still have the trite opinions of people who are always rushing through and never finishing games to write to a very constructed audience.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

TuVictus

@GrailUK I know!! I didn't mean to imply you weren't, it just brought up some unpleasant memories of when BoTW released

@Haru17 I mean, I doubt there will be many "freaking out" over 10's. At worst we'll get disagreements from people, but I can't say I saw the level of vitriol and toxicity for people that gave BOTW a 10 as the people trashing anyone that gave it below a 10 or 9. But yeah I completely agree with your statement anyway, just don't be trashy and taking any deviation from the reviews as stirring for controversy.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@Operative2-0 I wouldn't worry about Famitsu. Did you see the second highest review score that they gave this week? Lumped the Switch version in with all the others as well. They gave it 10/9/9/9 which means it's just 2 points or 5% worse than SMO and that's complete nonsense.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Octane

I should work for Famitsu; 10/10/3/10

Can you spot me?

Octane

GrailUK

@Octane Ok...you can go back to Push Square now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic