Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,982

MasterWario

I'm down for DLC, of course if it's worth it. It seems weird to say this but we still haven't seen Zelda's DLC yet (or Rabbids for that matter), so I don't have an idea as to what a Mario DLC would amount to. Mario Kart's and World Tour's DLC was great (even if I don't have anyone to play the latter with), but Smash DLC was super premium and not worth it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Odyssey has no DLC; I'm sure Nintendo wants to have a completely self contained game every now and again, and Odyssey fits the bill nicely. Plus, depending on how fast the kingdoms go, one new kingdom might not be "enough" for a DLC.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Ryu_Niiyama

@Dezzy Wouldn't that be the Eponacycle? Eponamobile?

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Haru17

@BLP_Software It's not much of a spoiler, but since it's about the ending... "The Champion's Ballad is also set after Ganon's defeat in Breath of the Wild, so will be in effect a sequel, seemingly picking up directly after the vague cutscene shown at the end of the game if players had collected all the memories scattered across Hyrule."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-07-in-breath-of-the...

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

Capt_N

MasterWario wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Odyssey has no DLC; I'm sure Nintendo wants to have a completely self contained game every now and again, and Odyssey fits the bill nicely. Plus, depending on how fast the kingdoms go, one new kingdom might not be "enough" for a DLC.

Simultaneously, I agree with you, & I wouldn't be surprised either way, since Nintendo went the dlc route for Zelda. Actually, I'd be just a tinge more surprised if they did add dlc to SMO, just because of what you just said about Oddyssey being a complete, stand-alone game.

3DS FC: 0173-1967-5074♪DotheMarioKrt7 Community: 65-3522-2507-1023 Mii -> Captain N+

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1967-5074 | Nintendo Network ID: Captain_RETRON

Operative2-0

Yes, I definitely wouldn't mind if they focused all their efforts on the sequel / other game now that this one has gone gold. It'd be refreshing to know the box I have contains the entire game. No DLC or extra purchases necessary.

Edited on by Operative2-0

Operative2-0

NaviAndMii

@Operative2-0 Yeah, I agree - I mean, these days it'd be refreshing to know that the box contains a game that won't need a Day 1 patch - let alone DLC etc! ...think of the future generations of retro gamers!

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 X360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MDC 🎮 Switch 🎮

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCat★

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

Dezzy

I would love them to do DLC for these kinds of games. Mario 3D World would've been a great candidate for additional DLC worlds.

Haru17 wrote:

"The Champion's Ballad is also set after Ganon's defeat in Breath of the Wild, so will be in effect a sequel, seemingly picking up directly after the vague cutscene shown at the end of the game if players had collected all the memories scattered across Hyrule."[/spoiler]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-07-in-breath-of-the...

Also said it will be about the champions, who aren't alive in the present.
My money's on a time travel or "memory" event happening after the main story is done, which sends them back to the past.
It would be the best way of adding new content and locations to the main game as well.

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Maxz

The Super Mario Odyssey thread, where we question EDGE's credibility,
critique DLC which has no evidence of existing, critique Skyward Sword in detail, critique Super Mario Sunshine in detail, critique Breath of the Wild in detail. And occasionally talk about parts of Mario Odyssey we actually know to exist.

I mean, I don't mind, but the range of topics we've stuffed into this thread is quite impressive!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Operative2-0

It happens. No thread will be 100% on topic, that's just how conversations go. In the end, though, we always get back on track.

Operative2-0

Grumblevolcano

You know what this thread is missing? Discussion about grass!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

If someone can post a non-spoilery screenshot of some Odyssey grass, we can dissect the grass and judge it properly. This game deserved it to be honest, a proper grass rating.

Octane

meleebrawler

The only grass we've seen is the parks of New Donk, which is obviously very trimmed down. Should we talk about sand instead?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Octane

Dino land had big open grass fields, didn't it?

Octane

Fooligan

Untitled

check out that grass! and birds! And look how shiny those boots are!

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

"Dirty Dee, you're a baddy daddy lamatai tabby chai!" - Pootie Tang

Operative2-0

Haha, I remember being awed by the character models and being a bit disappointed at the textures

Operative2-0

Kimyonaakuma

@Octane That's the game that I associate those textures with too!

Pikmin 3 was one of the prettiest Wii U games in my opinion, but the ground textures slightly ruined that...

I seem to be invisible here, or maybe just ignored? Who knows...

Snaplocket

Why is it that people feel the need to give special mentions to textures. You know how many games where I took note of textures? NONE! It's the least important part of the graphics, let alone the game.

Snaplocket

Kimyonaakuma

@Snaplocket Probably because the whole screen is filled with them?

I'd say that the models themselves are the most important but some bad texturing can really break the immersion for me. For others it might be other things that bother them. For example 60FPS isn't really important to me, as long as the game is responsive and consistent then I'm fine.

Everyone's different but some bad texture work stands out to me, some of the rocky areas in Breath the Wild had some really bad textures, one part has some that don't even looked mapped correctly. It just annoys me...

I seem to be invisible here, or maybe just ignored? Who knows...

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane The grass textures in pikmin 3 were jarring weren't they? I mean the rest of the game, especially the character models looked great but that grass looked like a bad rug.

As for Mario: I'm paying more attention to the water and the textures of the buildings in New Donk.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Switch FC: SW-2230-0265-0353
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.
Villanova University: 2016 NCAA Champs! GO NOVA NATION! 2008 Alumna

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic