Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,057

EvilLucario

All the games are amazing for their own reasons. It's like trying to pick out your favorite kid. That's something I can't really say about a lot of franchises.

But Odyssey LOOKS SO GOOD it might have to be that favorite kid for me lol

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

It's weird seeing such realistic / detailed textures in a Mario game

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

SKTTR

1. Super Mario Maker
2. Super Mario Sunshine
3. Super Mario 64
4. Super Mario World
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2

For multiplayer though, nothing beats New Super Mario Bros. U and Super Mario 3D World.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Hyrulela

I need this game so bad! Sadly it comes out the same time as AC Origins. I'll likely get both the same day but save Mario for my trip to Youmacon.

Hyrulela

Twitter:

dimi

Super Mario 3d land get a lot of trash it doesn't deserve. Its a masterpiece considering 3ds hardware limitations, a very fun game to play on the go and the best portable Mario ever created.

dimi

Haru17

3D Land is a good game, but as a portable game a lot less care was taken in creating it than console Super Mario games. I prefer the first NSMB personally. It had some brilliant levels and mini games before the three derivative sequels.

Super glad this game has a Mushroom Kingdom. In hindsight I suppose that was inevitable given the naming scheme for all of the kingdoms, but I wasn't sure. I'm really excited to see the first incarnation of the Mushroom K. since 64, which was only really Peach's Castle. Other Mario games like Super Paper Mario take place in other dimensions, and even TTYD is kind of in another land.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

Reminder to myself, don't click the spoiler tags in this thread. I almost forgot...

Octane

Nicolai

@dimi Hardware limitations had nothing to do with it. If Super Mario 64 could run on the DS, than 3D Land wasn't pushing anything. The issues I had were more design choices, especially those taken to promote their "easy to start" and "portable-friendly" goals while sacrificing how good it feels to control Mario, and slowing the difficulty curve to a grinding halt.

Unfortunately for me, that kind of design appeals to a lot of players, especially new-comers. Difficulty level is just one of those things you can't please everyone with. But in 3D Land's case, it also resulted in shallower level design imo.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Haru17

Bowser greases his hair now, looks more like SSB Bowser.

Scrummer

I have never been more hyped for a game in all my life (Now don't disappoint me Nintendo...)

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Haru17

@Scrummer 50/50 odds they will.

kkslider5552000

Tsurii wrote:

@Scrummer don't do that, mate. Nothing bad in being hyped but don't go into anything with the mindset that it'll be the best thing ever. You'll only end up like a certain someone who hyped Zelda above and beyond and talked themselves into the game offering a hell of a lot more than was ever realistic to expect

You should've known Link's Crossbow Training wasn't gonna be the best Zelda!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Scrummer

@Tsurii Yeah, I'm not really going into it expecting THE MOST AMAZING VIDEO GAMING EXPERIENCE KNOWN TO MANKIND, but I am very excited. At the least, I think it'll be a fun Mario game, and at most I think it could be a GOTY contender.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Grumblevolcano

I'm disappointed that BotW is the Zelda franchise's future, games like Twilight Princess are much better.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Amusingly enough, Twilight Princess is the one 3D Zelda game I have no love for whatsoever.

In fairness, though, I didn't get too far in. I won't say it's a bad game, I just hated my time with it (well, the HD remaster on Wii U) enough that I had to quit. I'll return to it one day when I've played everything else on the system.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Maxz

Ever since Kraft took over, the chocolate in Creme Eggs hasn't been the same. Really disappointing as a long time chocolate fan.

What's a Mario Odyssey?

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic