Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 361 to 380 of 2,057

Som64

Finally someone tries to find them.
Super Mario Odyssey Finding Pauline's Band (E3 2017)

"We'll have to wait for the full game to go any further" -Random New Donk City Man

Edited on by Som64

I'm a huge Mario fan (with a lot of Super Mario Odyssey hype)
I currently have 100+ Mario games (I never thought that I had so many...)

My YouTube channel with no content

Switch Friend code SW-2149-8784-...

Nintendo Network ID: Som_64

Haru17

Untitled

Look how much better this looks than almost every 2D Mario thing ever released. It's only really beaten out by World, and that game doesn't have anywhere near the vibrance of this. Giving Mario some updated damn pixel art was all you had to do like all of those times Smash Bros., Super Mario Maker, NES Remix.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

Untitled

Look how much better this looks than almost every 2D Mario thing ever released. It's only really beaten out by World, and that game doesn't have anywhere near the vibrance of this. Giving Mario some updated damn pixel art was all you had to do like all of those times Smash Bros., Super Mario Maker, NES Remix.

I wouldn't mind an entire game of this. It looks good indeed.

Octane

Eel

I'm inclined to believe it'll be one of those things that are better as very occasional distractions, instead of the main focus.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Meowpheel I dunno, it looks visually more interesting than the NSMB games, and I like the 8-bit pixel art.

Octane

Dezzy

@Haru17

In what way is it updated art? Looks like the standard SMB art to me.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

meleebrawler

@Dezzy The only thing updated about it is the colors used for the Mario sprite, to more closely match his modern appearance.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Octane

@Dezzy The 3D environment, good lighting. Makes it look as if Mario is projected on a surface. It's 2D, but it also loops around and has more height than the average Mario level. IDK, but I think Nintendo could make some creative levels by changing the 3D environments, the shape of the environments, etc.

Octane

Tyranexx

Octane wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Untitled

Seconded. Maybe a spinoff like Captain Toad?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haru17

@Dezzy Nah dude, he was in ugly washed out red and brown until 3, and still pretty ugly red and black until World. I didn't really mind New Super Mario Bros. 1 on the DS, but when they got extra 2.5D with that gross shininess to the character models I was out.

Untitled

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

shaneoh

Octane wrote:

You may want to look at Nebulus, it's got the whole rotating tower thing going on.
Untitled

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

meleebrawler

Or y'know, Butter Building from Kirby's Adventure.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Eel

The fact they removed the awesome effect from Butter Building in the GBA remake never fails to disappoint me.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

The cylindrical surface reminds me of that epic final boss in A Link Between Worlds.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kkslider5552000

Meowpheel wrote:

The fact they removed the awesome effect from Butter Building in the GBA remake never fails to disappoint me.

Quoted for accuracy. That and the music does enough to prevent me from liking the game as much as the original tbh.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic