Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 2,057

Deku-Scrub

So without warning, Nintendo decided to drop 2 new Mario Odyssey costumes, specifically being the Satellaview set and a Baseball set.

Hopefully we keep getting surprise post-launch support like this, but Nintendo just releasing 2 costumes on their own is weird...

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

bluemage1989

Would like to see Mario Kart have some similar micro updates like this. Few new karts/parts/amiibo outfits/character looks would be nice to help keep interest or even a new battle arena.

bluemage1989

Kimyonaakuma

They'll probably release random costumes to pull people back into the game for a few days at the weekend, just like a new weapon in Splatoon.

....Luigi's Balloon World makes these way too easy to unlock though...

Kimyonaakuma

Voldemort807

@YummyHappyPills that top balloon is easily gotten and isn’t a glitch.There is a hole below and to the right that you can roll through to grab the balloon.

Voldemort807

FireMario887

Theory time (humorous to an extent) - What if speedy mechanics in the game, such as the rocket flowers, rolling, and such are Nintendo's subtle hints to Sonic Team on how to do 3D Sonic properly. Idk about you, but the way Nintendo handles Mario Odyssey's speedy mechanics is how I could envision a proper 3D Sonic title, except you know, faster. That's just me though

FireMario887

LuckyLand

@FireMario887 Sonic games don't need to be faster, it woul help a lot being LESS fast in fact. Sonic need to bring back depth to the speed. If you play the first games you will notice how you have to build up speed and then use it in the most effective way (taking the right path where speed gives you an advantage)... and the interaction with the shape of the ground influenced Sonic speed, making this speed feel more real. Sonic isn't just fast, Sonic uses the ground shape to gain speed, and this is what makes it fun. When sonic is just fast no matter wath it becomes dumb.

Anyway, I have a question.
I don't want

the hat that appears over the castle in the post ending kindom to appear at all, I prefer to see the normal roof of the castle

how many moons can I collect before that happens? I want to avoid it.

PS: in my opinion Sonic team should use skateboarding games as inspiration for Sonic games because they need to focus on how the ground affect the speed of the character.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

FireMario887

I'll have to figure out how to upload photos from my phone, but I was trying to exploit the game in the Wooded Kingdom during the story part of the game, yet they still manage to anticipate the skilled players and set up roadblocks.

FireMario887

FireMario887

There's something that I observed about most 3D Mario titles and that is that they pertain to the classics in some shape or form, it's easier to show:

64: Pertains to SMB, because it's revolutionary with new, groundbreaking mechanics and is a beginning in a way
Sunshine: SMB2, it's actually a challenging Mario game and features an unusually different aesthetic approach with some unique gameplay quirks
Galaxy: SMB3, took the best aspects from 64/SMB and captilized on those, as well as throwing in some evolutionary gameplay mechanics
Galaxy 2: SMW, a more refined and sophisticated approach to Galaxy/SMB3's level design. Plus, Yoshi. Oh, and even some music from SMW
Odyssey: 64, return to open-ended design, references to 64 throughout
Next game: Hopefully takes aspects from Sunshine. Please???

FireMario887

Henmii

So I finally finished the 100 rope jump challenge today. I got 115. I used a trick I found on the internet, namely using a bike. It worked for me!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

FireMario887

@Snaplocket Well 3D Land and World were kind of a culmination of multiple classic Mario games in terms of their nostalgic factor. Nonetheless, I agree for the most part. I like the linear, more structured focus on precision platforming challenges. I like being tested for my skill in action stages as opposed to exploring in mostly friendly environments. I would kill for a Mario game that has the intricacy of the moveset in the more exploratory Mario 3D games and apply it to more structured platforming levels, like taking the concept of Mario Sunshine's secret levels and running with it, stretch it out to a full game.

FireMario887

TuVictus

3D World acts as a great filler title, but it was disappointing as the only "3D" Mario game on the Wii U. If we got a 3D World sequel now, after Odyssey, I bet I'd love it much more than the original.

TuVictus

TheTetrisGuy

I just got done doing a Moon in lost kingdom, and I want to talk about it. Its one of the postgame moons, so If you don’t want that one moon spoiled, don’t click bellow.

The moon in question is Taking Notes: Streach and Shrink. Your on those spinning plus sign platforms and the notes are arranged just outside the platforms and in a way where you have to go through two of the platforms and a thin ledge. If I did a bad job explaining that, it should be easy enough to find a picture. What the game WANTS you to do is capture a tropical wiggler so that you can grab all the notes with ease. However I never noticed the wiggler! I thought you had to use the Cappy Spin Attack to grab them all. So I was doing that, and I died a lot by falling into the poison lake. Little over half an hour later, I get lucky and get all the notes. I then read the name of the moon and was like “Wait, what?” I went to the area were you get the note and saw the wiggler. MASSIVE FACEPALM.

Edited on by TheTetrisGuy

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

GamingTelescope

@TheTetrisGuy sadly, there are only a few moons there in all. Hopefully they expand the lost kingdom with Dlc!

I am a Big Nintendo fan and spend much of my freetime playing Mario, Zelda and more! My other hobby is my Gaming website, GamingTelescope https://gamingtelescope.blogspot.com/ and looking at Gaming News on NintendoLife!

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Turns out there's no pattern yet in the distribution of Odyssey content, hint art #5 came rather than a batch of costumes.

@Grumblevolcano Your comment is clearly Odyssey related, so I'm going to move it here.

Octane

thayton8198

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Turns out there's no pattern yet in the distribution of Odyssey content, hint art #5 came rather than a batch of costumes.

While there's no pattern with given content as of yet, starting from 14th March, they've been releasing new content/art every Wednesday without fail. In addition, if from now they only release hint art on Wednesday and nothing else, then the 13th June will mark the 13th hint art. The 13th of June being in the middle of E3, and there being 13 full playable kingdoms.
Does it mean anything, who knows, maybe some Odyssey related announcement at E3 with the last bit of hint art being the mushroom kingdom and it being a link to Delfino island, one can only hope, but clearly Nintendo are planning something i'd hope

thayton8198

Henmii

So I do have 999 moons now. However, that doesn't mean I have them all, stil five remaining (2 at the dissapearing platforms. You know, the super-hard one. 2 perfect sketches. And of course the final challenge). Basically I am done.

Henmii

Grumblevolcano

Looks like this week may be the first week since the 1.2.0 update with no Mario Odyssey content (hint art or outfits).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic