Forums

Topic: Super Mario Party (Switch)

Posts 121 to 140 of 140

Sisilly_G

@toiletduck : The game has an automatic suspend save feature, however, you cannot "activate" it per se, and it can be very easy to miss.

I once accidentally quit the game without realising, and I was really bummed about it, but when I rebooted the game, it did prompt me to select a new player and a new set of CPU opponents, however, once I returned to the Mario Party mode, I was given the option to continue from where I left off (with the same characters), which was such an awesome and most pleasant surprise. I cannot confirm if this extends to other modes (I haven't even sampled the other modes yet).

Upon completing my suspended game, I was returned to the lobby with the new set of characters that I had chosen prior to continuing from the suspended game.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

toiletduck

@Silly_G oh wow that's really good to know! That would actually be the MVP of what I'm asking for I'll test it later.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

1UP_MARIO

I love how the joy con has no speaker on it yet makes a mario theme tune every time it’s your turn. I believe the hd rumble vibrations make the tune

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

FaeKnight

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Holy cow, that baseball game in Toad's Rec Room is hard! I played a couple games with a friend and we both finished with a final score of zero.

Those fastballs almost seem too fast for the human eye to register it in time, but surely that can't be right?

You think that's bad, me and a friend did a 3 inning game yesterday. He managed to get the timing down with the faster pitches and ended up scoring 31 runs in the second inning. It's not the fast pitches that are the problem. Those can fairly reliably be turned into a single base run. It's when someone mixes it up with a super slow pitch and throws off your timing I got three strike outs in a row on him in the 3rd inning by alternating between 'slow' fastballs and super slow pitches.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

FaeKnight

And even three super slow balls can really mess with someone's timing.

EDIT: Oh, and the fact that the two different types of pitches have vastly different 'slow pitch' ball speeds.

Edited on by FaeKnight

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

W90WBA

Pre-ordered this, does anyone know if there will be any plans to be able to play a round online with friends or fandoms?

As someone that doesn’t really have anyone to play Party with in the same household not sure how much fun I’ll have playing CPU on my own 😂

W90WBA

bluemage1989

Been putting the hours in with this recently and have to say I'm pretty impressed. Mario Party 10 was my favourite game on the WiiU with hundreds of hours played so I had high expectations and have been very pleased mechanically the game is sound and I think a few tweaks via dlc will make this a must own. My only complaint is that visually some parts of the game (such as the plaza) look a little boring. For a comparison the hub world of Mario Kingdom Battle was very vibrant. Looking forward to many hours ahead.

bluemage1989

gokev13

Does anyone else have problems playing the online marathon? I have tried a number of times and I always get disconnected within the first 30 seconds.

I would assume that my internet connection is the problem since I get disconnected everytime. I am confused because I have been playing Splatoon 2 since it first came out with hardly any problems but I can't play Mario Party minigames online? Especially since upgraded my internet to a faster speed in September and I haven't had problems playing games online before or after that.

Anyone have any insight as to why the online marathon wouldn't work for me?

gokev13

lanszelot

Hi,
How can we play multi account with my partner? One swithc, one game, 2 account.
On the switch both of us have account, if I start the game /with my account/ and share the joy-con, how can she play with her account?

lanszelot

cambotero

Recently, my brother in law and myself have convinced the wives into having some occasional gaming evenings.
We've been playing mario kart 8 DX and also overcooked a couple of times. The girls had never wanted to grab a controller before, but they liked both games (specially the competitive aspect of MK8). Now they want more games...
I've never played mario party, but I think this should be the perfect game for 4-player casual gaming, right?
Are the mechanics easy for newcomers and unexperienced players?
How long do the matches last usually?
There is enough variety in the minigames for not getting bored after some time? (I've read some people complaining about the game having only 4 boards...)
Are most of the minigames motion-based or do they rely more on the ability with the controller?

cambotero

Daloblast

@cambotero
The mechanics are easy and it tells you how to,
You can choose the amount of rounds in the game and it gives you a suggestion on how long the game will be.
There are around 84 minigames so you probably won't be bored
The minigames change on what you do with the controller, using the buttons, or motions and such.

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

komodo182

@cambotero
Fairly straight forward, but only 4 boards fyi

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Daloblast

@cambotero It only supports sideways joycons and it isn't playable in handheld mode

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

GeoChrome

@cambotero It only supports the Joy-Con, but it switches from a horizontal to a vertical grip for some minigames.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

1UP_MARIO

@cambotero I think they made the right decision leaving out pro controller support. You really can play some of the mini games with a pro controller. Especially the rhythm games. I know I wouldn’t. I love my controller too much

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

JoeM103

Needing some advice. Me and a friend have been trying to play this online but the only modes we have been able to play are a handful of minigames. Is there a way of playing a normal board style game or the river run online? I'll be pretty disappointed if not as the selection of games playable at the moment is really limited.

JoeM103

Switch Friend Code: SW-3487-3999-7859 | My Nintendo: Meadie

blueelfshotfood

@JoeM103 sadly that's it as far as online goes. really disappointing. Mario Party is crying out for a bit of update love - more boards, and proper online multiplayer please!

blueelfshotfood

JoeM103

@babyhands You're kidding! I really thought that it was so lacking that there must be a mode I just hadn't found. What a shame, such potential for a decent multiplayer experience.

JoeM103

Switch Friend Code: SW-3487-3999-7859 | My Nintendo: Meadie

Alfredo18

well ur in luck!

e

i dont have touch with alot of my friends lol

btw friend code: SW-1378-3968-2485

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic