Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 761 to 780 of 787

Cynas

Personally I think Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and the mobile phone game should be the last Mario Kart games. Anything after this should just be Nintendo Kart. They've already got multiple series represented in Mario Kart 8, might as well go all the way. It'll give so much more opportunities with potential stages, characters, and items. It could have been something Nintendo has planned for a while, and introducing characters outside of the Mario universe in 8 may have been their way of slowly getting us used to the idea and getting a feel for what gamers think of it.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

DarkSim01

@Cynas I certainly agree with that. That's one reason I added in Samus and Kirby to my list. To expand what you mentioned, they have Link, Inklings, Isabelle and Villagers, various vehicles for them, a Hyrule Castle track, Animal Crossing track, two F-Zero tracks and Blue Falcon. I would love to see other added in. It would basically be Smash Bros. Melee Kart.

DarkSim01

gcunit

@Cynas While the idea of a Nintendo Kart is mouth watering, MK8/D sales suggest the series is going strong as is. And by turning it into Nintendo Kart its kind of a one-way, no going back, trip. Returning to the old Mario Kart would be a tough sell. The reason I think that's a problem is that by merging IPs across the board, the higher the risk of Nintendo IP fatigue.

That said, I'd love a Nintendo Kart, and some sort of platformer with the Smash Ultimate roster available as playable characters.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Cynas

@DarkSim01 If there's more DLC to be added to the game I would be jumping with excitement if we got what you suggested. I have doubts that a substantial DLC pack will come for MK8D though since so much time has passed since the game's release. I'm betting they're probably working on the next game by now. For an entirely new game, I'd like the concept of having a variety of Nintendo characters be pushed further and to have an even distribution, not just the focus on Mario.

@gcunit Yeah, over saturation of Nintendo IP would definitely be a concern if they were to make a Nintendo Kart. I think the pros might outweigh the cons though. It's something that could easily be further expanded upon with future installments and could draw in even more people that are fans of other Nintendo IPs.

Maybe I'm not thinking creatively enough, but I'm having a hard time imagining where the Mario Kart series can go from here for the next installment. I don't think the series is going to change much visually or mechanically at this point so I feel like there needs to be a big change that gets people excited. Maybe they could keep adding in new gimmicks with each installment and people would still remain interested, but eventually the series is going to need to be revamped at some point to keep it running strong. I think this may be the perfect time to do it since there's most likely going to be two Mario Kart games on the Switch. It would be a great way to have them stand apart from each other.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

gcunit

@Cynas I think there's scope for a few changes that would keep people interested.

Eg.

• Giving each character a unique item or melee attack/ability.
  • A return of Double Dash like mechanics as optional modes.
  • Increasing the maximum field size to 18/20/24 competitors for greater chaos.
  • A 'World Tour' theme whereby the traditional courses are dispensed with, making way for tracks set around real world locations.
  • More dynamic (eg. destructible, evolving) environments.
  • A 'Rocket League' mode.

FaeKnight

I've got to say, I do kind of prefer using BoTW Link and the Master Cycle Zero kit in races.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Cynas I think the Smash Ultimate approach would be the next stage for Mario Kart. Either keep adding DLC to MK8 Deluxe to end up with it or have a game named Mario Kart Ultimate, its contents would be stuff like:

• Every playable character throughout the Mario Kart series (not counting the arcade games)
  • Some new playable characters (e.g. Pauline, Broodals, Kirby)
  • At least the vast majority of tracks and battle arenas throughout the Mario Kart series (not counting the arcade games)
  • A few new tracks and battle arenas (e.g. Port Town, an Odyssey track, City Trial)
  • Return of Mission mode
  • A story mode (I know it's not confirmed for Smash Ultimate but there's hints in the recent Direct that there could be one)
  • Track creator (Stage Builder hasn't been confirmed for Smash Ultimate, but I think it'll return)

I'd prefer the DLC approach.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

I don't think they'll ever change the name to Nintendo Kart or anything like that, because Mario Kart is one of the most recognisable and successful brands in all of gaming. I think it will always be predominantly made up of Mario characters, tracks, etc, but with a few guest characters added in each game. Although maybe if they wanted to add a more widespread mix of Nintendo IPs, they could call it Mario Kart + Nintendo All-Stars or something like that; Mario Kart will always be part of the name though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

DTMOF84

Is the voice chat going to work for this now?

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

FragRed

@DTMOF84 That is a good question, and one Nintendo refuses to say. Even in the Direct all they showed was Splatoon 2 on the app.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

USWITCH64

Are they going to release more paid DLC for this or what?

USWITCH64

bluemage1989

The only reason I can't see paid dlc happening is saving tracks for MK9 which I think is guaranteed (later in the Switch's lifespan) when you look at the sales figures for MK8 Deluxe.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

DTMOF84

@ReaderRagfish that’s cool. But I’m sure it’s just when you make a party right? Is that how Splatoon works?

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

lanszelot

Hi,
How can we play multi account with my partner? One swithc, one game, 2 account.
On the switch both of us have account, if I start the game /with my account/ and share the joy-con, how can she play with her account?

lanszelot

LawnChairMan

If Nintendo did do vr a great way to showcase it would be in Mario kart 8 if they added a first person mode to Mario kart 8. It would sell the game even better VR mario kart

Now it's Reyn time

My Nintendo: Rice

gcunit

Mario Kart 99 is what I'm waiting for. 99 players race round the circuit and after 20 seconds or so, Bowser or someone sets off at the back of the field, gradually catching. When he catches you, you're out. Last driver left racing wins.

Edited on by gcunit

Arbor

after smash ultimate, i'm guessing they're gonna come out with Mario kart ultimate. every former track, every raceable character, all in one game.

Arbor

Anti-Matter

Arbor wrote:

after smash ultimate, i'm guessing they're gonna come out with Mario kart ultimate. every former track, every raceable character, all in one game.

Moreover, add with Vehicle Transformation .

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic