Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 741 to 760 of 771

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac Yeah, I'm absolutely loving it! I never had a WiiU - or even a friend who owned one - so never got to play the original MK8...this has made me realise that I never want to be without a Mario Kart game in my life ever again! ..I'm having an absolute blast!

So far, I've gone through all of the 50cc, 100cc, 150cc and Mirror cups with a minimum โ˜… rating - I've done a bunch of time-trials to further hone my skills & I've played quite a bit of battle-mode online (rank: โ‰ˆ2000ish) ..but I'm spending the majority of my time in online races now ..and I'm still learning & discovering new things - even after 70+ hours! I'm still finding shortcuts that I've never noticed before - and the (BRUTAL) 200cc mode is forcing me in to learning some of the more advanced techniques (brake drifting etc. ..who knew there was a brake button?! ) ..and, as you say, the double item slots add a whole new layer of strategy to the game that has perhaps been missing since Double Dash

I got this game for the replayability - and it hasn't disappointed - I can see this being a staple of my Switch library for years to come! (..or, at least until MK9! )

๐ŸŽฎ SNES ๐ŸŽฎ N64 ๐ŸŽฎ GB ๐ŸŽฎ GG ๐ŸŽฎ PC ๐ŸŽฎ PS2 ๐ŸŽฎ GC ๐ŸŽฎ PSP ๐ŸŽฎ Wii ๐ŸŽฎ X360 ๐ŸŽฎ PS4 ๐ŸŽฎ MDC ๐ŸŽฎ Switch ๐ŸŽฎ

Currently Playing (Online):

PS4: GT Sport (DR: D, SR: S)

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Switch Nickname: TomCatโ˜…

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

Yellowtails

Hopefully they add elimination balloon battle in these updates.

Yellowtails

Qwertyninty

Man this game is getting so much traction in my house. Me the wife and kids are playing random battle mode every day. It's amazing!

Qwertyninty

Blue_Blur

Beat all the 150cc and 200cc staff ghosts yesterday, and just finished getting 3 stars in every Grand Prix! Too bad you get nothing for beating all the 200cc time trials.

Some of the 200cc trials were very challenging! The Ribbon Road, Yoshi Valley, and GBA Mario Circuit races in particular were really close, and took many tries.

I'm glad I managed to complete everything before the 21st, since I know I won't be playing anything else for a long time once Splatoon 2 releases! XD

My Mario Maker Levels
Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+
Looking forward to: Sonic Forces!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6605-0630-2814 | 3DS Friend Code: 2406-5324-7258 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicLuigiLover

Zyrac

@Blue_Blur I feel that beating the 200cc ghosts should have been the requirement for unlocking Gold Mario. If you ask me he's a bit too easy to get with how bad the 200cc AI is.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels | ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

@Zyrac: Yeah, the Grand Prix's didn't give me any trouble at all. I agree!

My Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6605-0630-2814 | 3DS Friend Code: 2406-5324-7258 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicLuigiLover

rallydefault

@Zyrac
Yea, getting at least 1 star on the GPs in 200cc isn't all that tough. I had a few resets, but overall it didn't take me long. Even though you have to learn how to brake drift appropriately, the AI still rubberbands horrendously and will "wait" for you to catch up even at 200cc. Even if you find yourself near the back of the pack on the last lap, all you need is one or two good item drops and you're back in the lead as long as you can drive somewhat consistently (not fly off the stage on every turn lol).

rallydefault

OorWullie

I'm struggling to find the motivation to go through all the tracks again in single player.I've always found the single player in Mario Kart a chore and it's the only thing that frustrates me about the series.Why can't it be more like Sonic Transformed where you have multiple types of challenges and the computer actually gives you a decent race where mistakes are punished.I've played 3 GP's so far in 150cc and every single race I was in front from start to finish except for a few seconds once or twice each when I was hit with a blue shell.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Zyrac

@OorWullie There's actually no real reason to play through 150cc GP. You only need to do Mirror and 200cc for the gold kart and Gold Mario respectively.

And yeah, it pales in comparison to multiplayer... but at least it's not as cheap as some of the earlier games.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels | ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

gcunit

I love playing through the GPs, and at 150cc I still find the AI competitive enough that if luck doesn't go my way items-wise, then I'm in a for a butt-clenching race for the line if I want my 3 stars.

I've just held an Ignored Users amnesty on my account. 20+ users are back in the game with an extra life - make it count :)

Currently playing: Rocket League - Chess Ultra - Super Mario Odyssey - FIFA 18

SW-3124-5612-5724

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

NaviAndMii

@gcunit Yeah, I kinda feel the same - I didn't have too much difficulty getting โ˜…โ˜…โ˜… ratings when I ran through 50cc and 100cc - but 150cc/Mirror turned things up a notch...I managed to get min. โ˜… on each, but it wasn't a walk in the park by any means! ..it was a while ago when I did the cups though - with all of the hours that I've put in to online multiplayer since, I'd be interested to see how much I've improved and whether or not I've surpassed that particular 'difficulty threshold' - and I'm yet to be brave enough (or motivated enough tbh) to try 200cc cups...maybe I should, because I'm still hilariously bad whenever a 200cc track comes up online!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ SNES ๐ŸŽฎ N64 ๐ŸŽฎ GB ๐ŸŽฎ GG ๐ŸŽฎ PC ๐ŸŽฎ PS2 ๐ŸŽฎ GC ๐ŸŽฎ PSP ๐ŸŽฎ Wii ๐ŸŽฎ X360 ๐ŸŽฎ PS4 ๐ŸŽฎ MDC ๐ŸŽฎ Switch ๐ŸŽฎ

Switch: Mario Kart 8 DX (R: 8500, B: 2000) | Splatoon 2 (Lvl: 46, RM: A-, SZ: B+, TC: A)

Grumblevolcano

@Zyrac The alternate title screens. To unlock everything you need to do 150cc, Mirror and 200cc.

I like that getting a certain rank in 150cc gives you that rank for 50cc, 100cc and 150cc as 50cc and 100cc are way too slow.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NaviAndMii

Had some good racing/battling with @Blue_Blur over the weekend! (..you've got the edge over me! )

Untitled

...but sometimes it was just too close to call!

Untitled

#GoTeamNL!!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Blue_Blur

@NaviAndMii: Yeah! All the races and battles were really fun! Some were really close; you're really good at the game, too!! And love the picture of Team NL dominating the competition! I'm sure you can do the 200cc cups, just remember the brake button! XD

My Mario Maker Levels

NaviAndMii

@Blue_Blur Oh yeah! The racing lobby we were in was really, really close - matched us with some good competition! ..didn't stop Team NL from coming out on top though! Hehe!

LuigiTheGreenFire

On the fence about this game. I have Mario Kart 8 and all its DLC, but I did have a lot of fun playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at my cousin's house. Plus I can play it online with him if I buy it.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

NinROCK3T

There's a new update famsquad!

Go 2 my YT channel "ninrock3t"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5352-8021-7831 | My Nintendo: NinROCK3T | Nintendo Network ID: NinROCK3T | Twitter:

NintendoPete

@LuigiTheGreenFire
I wouldn't recommend it. Bought it day one after playing it a lot on the Wii U and now I just played more than 5 hours. Splatoon 2 and other games on the Switch take all my time (e.g. Blaster Master Zero, Gunvolt etc.) The Battle Modus is great but doesn't really justify a second purchase. New tracks on the other hand would be awesome but I hope that they are working on Mario Kart 9 right now.

NintendoPete

NaviAndMii

@NinROCK3T Any patch notes yet?

EDIT: Ah, it's just this apparently - "Corrected an issue that prolonged the time to return to the lobby after races near the start and end times of online tournaments." ..#stability

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic