Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 741 to 760 of 2,139

Grumblevolcano

@Cynas I think the Smash Ultimate approach would be the next stage for Mario Kart. Either keep adding DLC to MK8 Deluxe to end up with it or have a game named Mario Kart Ultimate, its contents would be stuff like:

• Every playable character throughout the Mario Kart series (not counting the arcade games)
  • Some new playable characters (e.g. Pauline, Broodals, Kirby)
  • At least the vast majority of tracks and battle arenas throughout the Mario Kart series (not counting the arcade games)
  • A few new tracks and battle arenas (e.g. Port Town, an Odyssey track, City Trial)
  • Return of Mission mode
  • A story mode (I know it's not confirmed for Smash Ultimate but there's hints in the recent Direct that there could be one)
  • Track creator (Stage Builder hasn't been confirmed for Smash Ultimate, but I think it'll return)

I'd prefer the DLC approach.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

I don't think they'll ever change the name to Nintendo Kart or anything like that, because Mario Kart is one of the most recognisable and successful brands in all of gaming. I think it will always be predominantly made up of Mario characters, tracks, etc, but with a few guest characters added in each game. Although maybe if they wanted to add a more widespread mix of Nintendo IPs, they could call it Mario Kart + Nintendo All-Stars or something like that; Mario Kart will always be part of the name though.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

DTMOF84

Is the voice chat going to work for this now?

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

FragRed

@DTMOF84 That is a good question, and one Nintendo refuses to say. Even in the Direct all they showed was Splatoon 2 on the app.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

USWITCH64

Are they going to release more paid DLC for this or what?

USWITCH64

bluemage1989

The only reason I can't see paid dlc happening is saving tracks for MK9 which I think is guaranteed (later in the Switch's lifespan) when you look at the sales figures for MK8 Deluxe.

bluemage1989

DTMOF84

@ReaderRagfish that’s cool. But I’m sure it’s just when you make a party right? Is that how Splatoon works?

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

lanszelot

Hi,
How can we play multi account with my partner? One swithc, one game, 2 account.
On the switch both of us have account, if I start the game /with my account/ and share the joy-con, how can she play with her account?

lanszelot

toiletduck

@lanszelot she can't unfortunately.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

LawnChairMan

If Nintendo did do vr a great way to showcase it would be in Mario kart 8 if they added a first person mode to Mario kart 8. It would sell the game even better VR mario kart

Now it's Reyn time

My Nintendo: Rice

gcunit

Mario Kart 99 is what I'm waiting for. 99 players race round the circuit and after 20 seconds or so, Bowser or someone sets off at the back of the field, gradually catching. When he catches you, you're out. Last driver left racing wins.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Arbor

after smash ultimate, i'm guessing they're gonna come out with Mario kart ultimate. every former track, every raceable character, all in one game.

Arbor

Anti-Matter

Arbor wrote:

after smash ultimate, i'm guessing they're gonna come out with Mario kart ultimate. every former track, every raceable character, all in one game.

Moreover, add with Vehicle Transformation .

Anti-Matter

Tasuki

So I have to ask are the Mercedes cars in this version like the Wii U version?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Louise29

this game is still fun to play does anyone know of any active discord servers or fourms

https://4drclanforum.com/

Lroy

@Louise29 If you’re a grown up, there’s still regular MK8 DELUXE game nights over on the Adult Switch Gamers Discord.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Louise29

@Lroy thanks for the reply I will check it out

Louise29

does anyone know of a active clan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic