Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 701 to 720 of 2,139

gcunit

I love playing through the GPs, and at 150cc I still find the AI competitive enough that if luck doesn't go my way items-wise, then I'm in a for a butt-clenching race for the line if I want my 3 stars.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NaviAndMii

@gcunit Yeah, I kinda feel the same - I didn't have too much difficulty getting ★★★ ratings when I ran through 50cc and 100cc - but 150cc/Mirror turned things up a notch...I managed to get min. ★ on each, but it wasn't a walk in the park by any means! ..it was a while ago when I did the cups though - with all of the hours that I've put in to online multiplayer since, I'd be interested to see how much I've improved and whether or not I've surpassed that particular 'difficulty threshold' - and I'm yet to be brave enough (or motivated enough tbh) to try 200cc cups...maybe I should, because I'm still hilariously bad whenever a 200cc track comes up online!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Zyrac The alternate title screens. To unlock everything you need to do 150cc, Mirror and 200cc.

I like that getting a certain rank in 150cc gives you that rank for 50cc, 100cc and 150cc as 50cc and 100cc are way too slow.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Zyrac

@Grumblevolcano You sure? I've not touched 150cc and I get a bunch of different title screens already. Are there more?

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Had some good racing/battling with @Blue_Blur over the weekend! (..you've got the edge over me! )

Untitled

...but sometimes it was just too close to call!

Untitled

#GoTeamNL!!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Blue_Blur

@NaviAndMii: Yeah! All the races and battles were really fun! Some were really close; you're really good at the game, too!! And love the picture of Team NL dominating the competition! I'm sure you can do the 200cc cups, just remember the brake button! XD

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

NaviAndMii

@Blue_Blur Oh yeah! The racing lobby we were in was really, really close - matched us with some good competition! ..didn't stop Team NL from coming out on top though! Hehe!

LuigiTheGreenFire

On the fence about this game. I have Mario Kart 8 and all its DLC, but I did have a lot of fun playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at my cousin's house. Plus I can play it online with him if I buy it.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

NinROCK3T

There's a new update famsquad!

Go 2 my YT channel "ninrock3t"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5352-8021-7831 | My Nintendo: NinROCK3T | Nintendo Network ID: NinROCK3T | Twitter:

NintendoPete

@LuigiTheGreenFire
I wouldn't recommend it. Bought it day one after playing it a lot on the Wii U and now I just played more than 5 hours. Splatoon 2 and other games on the Switch take all my time (e.g. Blaster Master Zero, Gunvolt etc.) The Battle Modus is great but doesn't really justify a second purchase. New tracks on the other hand would be awesome but I hope that they are working on Mario Kart 9 right now.

NintendoPete

NaviAndMii

@NinROCK3T Any patch notes yet?

EDIT: Ah, it's just this apparently - "Corrected an issue that prolonged the time to return to the lobby after races near the start and end times of online tournaments." ..#stability

Edited on by NaviAndMii

rallydefault

@LuigiTheGreenFire
Same tracks, obviously. But then you have new things in pretty much everything else. A few new characters, new tier of drift boost, 2-item holding, proper battle mode, small (yet cool) visual effects and improvements, and various small balance changes like the removal of fire hopping and a slightly different unlock system/progression.

Decision is ultimately yours, but I don't regret the purchase, anecdotally. I've almost logged as many hours on Deluxe as I had on the Wii U version.

rallydefault

gcunit

...don't forget the HD Rumble!

I jest, but it is actually worth having IMO.

dkxcalibur

I just picked up the game last week. Could I please get some help on a few things.

1. What are the 3 new settings you can toggle when setting up your kart? They were not present in Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U.

2. Can you cycle back and forth with your weapons? If so, how?

That's it, and I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Zyrac

@dkxcalibur The settings are auto-accelerate, tilt controls and smart steering (stay on the road automatically). Maybe not in that order, I forget. You can't switch items, they have to be used in the order you get them.

Zyrac

Twitter:

gcunit

When you say 'sweat fest', do you mean you prefer getting matched with lower skill players so you can get easy wins?

As for lag, check your connection.

Edited on by gcunit

Hawkstream

@Shane76 I haven't had that problem and I mean this is the nature of online play. If you don't want to race against real people that know the tricks to be competitive then there is always single player against AI. I agree online is very tough compared to AI but I love it. It makes me race harder and that first time you win and get to wear the crown in intermission feels awesome!

Hawkstream

Zyrac

@Shane76 Fake red shell hits seem to happen every time if they block it. It's dumb, but not really a problem once you know to expect it.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Tasuki

So I am thinking of getting this game but I have a few questions first before I double dip

1) Is there split screen play if so how many?

2) For splitscreen play if there is that is what combination of controllers will I need for 4 players. I only have the Joy Cons that came with my Switch. So can two people use one of the Joy Cons each and I can get a couple of pro controllers for two more players?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic