Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 661 to 680 of 2,144

meleebrawler

@Zyrac It's narrower, which is what matters most of the time rather than length. Of course, there are bodies that are smaller still. Also Metal/Gold Mario is not actually a "heavy", but rather in the "metal" category of characters along with Pink Gold Peach who are basically the same size as their "medium" counterparts.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Zyrac

@meleebrawler Metal Mario has the same weight stat as Bowser. He's heavy, regardless of size. And I'm not seeing the width thing. They look about the same, although the angle in that screenshot maybe distorts it a bit.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Hi all! I was wondering - do you have to accelerate when paragliding? I find it a little awkward to look behind whilst also accelerating at the same time - if I take my foot off the gas in mid-air and have a look behind, will that slow me down at all? I was thinking I could use those moments to have a sneaky peek backwards (if it doesn't lose momentum) Thanks!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Haru17

Part-all of me wishes the Switch was called the 'Wiii' just to spite the self-described 'true gamers' who hate the Wii.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Zyrac

Shoulda called it the Swiitch.

Zyrac

Twitter:

gcunit

Zyrac wrote:

Shoulda called it the Swiitch.

P'raps that name will be adopted by the homebrew community for the Wii emulator once Switch gets hb'd.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haru17

Zyrac wrote:

Shoulda called it the SWiitch.

10/10

Grumblevolcano

New SWiitch XL, launching spring 2019

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

@Grumblevolcano Just in time for Red Dead to be a launch title. I honestly wonder how long before we can say, "I'm paying my new copy of New Super Mario Bros. New Switch on my new New Newtendo Switch XL."

Nintendo needs more numbered sequels. I mean subtitles work for Zelda, but come on! The simple, non-punny '2' in Splatoon 2 is what I'm most excited about that game for, except for the campaign. I wonder if Mario Kart will keep the numbered scheme after they burnt 7 and 8 — the punniest numbers. Presumably they'll have to retire the 'every item' item once they get up into Final Fantasy territory.

Zyrac

@Haru17 I always thought "Luigi's Mansion 2" made more sense than "Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon", because the former communicates "this is the sequel to Luigi's Mansion" rather than "this game is about a mansion belonging to Luigi", which it isn't.

I think with long-running series, though, you kinda want to avoid running up numbers too high, because it gives the impression that you're just rehashing the same thing endlessly, whether that's true or not.

Zyrac

Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

I was playing on the SNES Rainbow Road track, and four people didn't move at all, and 2 other guys just sat there at random spots on the track. It must have been planned, at least by the 4 guys who didn't move an inch, and I ended up having to leave that lobby because the race wasn't ending, lol.

KirbyTheVampire

AndyWV323

I thought the system booted you and treated it like a disconnect if there was no controller input within a certain amount of time?

AndyWV323

KirbyTheVampire

@AndyWV323 Hmm, could be. They stayed there the whole time, though, from what I could tell. I also didn't wait for very long to see if it would disconnect after I finished my 3 laps.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Zyrac

@KirbyTheVampire It may be that they were actually racing and you just couldn't see it because of a bad connection. Lag does all sorts of funny stuff in this game.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

ValhallaOutcast

@AndyWV323 I played a few games on someones live stream and they lost connection to the MK8 server but their character finished the race, I think when you lose connection the CPU takes over your kart.

I never seen a kart not moving so that could be something different

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

NaviAndMii

@ValhallaOutcast Ohhhh! Often, when I'm spectating, I'll see that there are CPU players - but they never seem to be there from the start (except in Renegade Round-up) ..that could explain it!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Zyrac

So here's my own strange happening. Look at the player in the bottom right:
Untitled
At first I thought this was a momentary glitch and they weren't actually in the race, but when I looked at the highlight reel there they were. They suddenly had 9 points though. (Is that weird, or do highlight reels show VR from after the race instead of before it like I thought?) I think they may actually have been a CPU, and it's also a bit suspicious that they were using Mario with all default parts. They disappeared afterwards, in any case.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic