Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 461 to 480 of 2,142

ProjectX1991

Lost track in this conversation but has it been confirmed that there will be no more DLC in terms of tracks for MK8D? I really was hoping for more loops, loved the ones on MK7.

ProjectX1991

Haru17

@ProjectX1991 Nothing has been announced, and the game is out so... more DLC would have to come out of the blue. I guess more DLC would make sense if the remaster sells well and Nintendo really want to follow their one Mario Kart release per system pattern, but who knows. We'll almost certainly get some form of new Mario Kart on the platform though. It's too profitable for Nintendo not to.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Zyrac

FGPackers wrote:

Made a huge discovery minutes ago: if there is people high enough, online races will go up to 200cc. It will not stop at 150cc!!

That's good, but I'd rather not have to earn the privilege. I wish there was the option to just play 200cc all the time.

PSA about the slightly broken unlocking system: I just got a whole bunch of parts by repeatedly going to the Time Trial vehicle select and then back to the main menu. The game is not good at remembering to reward you for coins collected online.

Also, I noticed that if you play as your Mii online, the game refers to you by the Mii's name instead of your username. This can result in changing your name mid-session by switching characters. Annoys me a bit, actually.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

ProjectX1991

@Haru17 Yeah, I've bought MK8D but I thought someone said it was confirmed there'd be no DLC for this iteration of MK.

Really hope there is more DLC or, we get an awesome MK9 follow up in a few years.

ProjectX1991

JHDK

Happy to hear it is a success from the beginning!

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170501005869/en/Ninte...

"REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With more than 459,000 combined packaged and digital sales in the U.S. on launch day alone (April 28), Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for the Nintendo Switch system is the fastest-selling game in the long-running Mario Kart series."

Edited on by JHDK

Switch Friend Code: 5258-4283-7999

NaviAndMii

I don't know if this is another little bug, but when I change the Mii in the statistics page, the stats don't refresh - it only shows the stats for Player 1's Mi...

...not the biggest problem - each players individual online ranking is stored, displayed and updated - it just isn't possible to view in-depth stats for each player

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Haru17

As well as being the 'fastest selling,' MK8D is also the first console Mario Kart that's been available digitally on day one. No clue if 7 was up on the 3DS eShop day one, but I think it's safe to say that was also a much less connected console in terms of how people used it.

Edited on by Haru17

erv

Haru17 wrote:

As well as being the 'fastest selling,' MK8D is also the first console Mario Kart that's been available digitally on day one. No clue if 7 was up on the 3DS eShop day one, but I think it's safe to say that was also a much less connected console in terms of how people used it.

I bought mk8 on Wii u digitally and had it on launch day?

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

burger_king

so are the tournament results going to get published then ? finished 5th in the battle tournament, quite happy with that having the distractions of a wife and kid lol

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

Haru17

@erv Oh right, I forget about Wii U. I guess that's also a console with a concurrent online store. But it's also the Wii U, and therein lies the answer.

NEStalgia

It's amazing just HOW badly the WiiU was received. MK8 is proving to be a console seller for a console nobody can find 2 months into release, while the exact same game years ago failed to move many WiiUs. It wasn't the library people rejected that console for. They hated the hardware so much nobody would buy it DESPITE the library.

NEStalgia

erv

I've got a feeling a lot of buyers are wii u players that just wanted the upgrade to be able to play mario kart whenever wherever.

If I didn't have to pay full price I'd already bought it too. The full 60 is tough to deal with right now though. Those gold coins in the useless my Nintendo environment should've been used for this.

Haru17

@NEStalgia Nintendo didn't release a Zelda game, a Metroid Prime game, or a Paper Mario game on Wii U until the absolute end of its four year life cycle. And when they finally released Color Splash game it wasn't even trying to appeal to series fans, and when they finally released Zelda, the Switch was out. Those are the series I feel excited enough about to get me in the door on a Nintendo system, from which point onward I start buying the various Super Marios, Bros., and Karts.

So many Wii U exclusives are 2D platformers — NSMB U, Tropical Freeze, Rainbow Curse, Wolly World, Mario Maker — and none of them are half as interesting as Playdead's stuff IMO. It was never a hardware problem for me — the library just didn't seem at all interesting.

Edited on by Haru17

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 I agree that the game lineup was the main reason, I really liked the 2D platformers for Wii U generally but game genre variety in general was lacking pre-MK8 (hence why I waited until September 2013 to buy one). Even going outside your examples, it took 1 and a half years for a first party competitive multiplayer game to be released (MK8) meanwhile with Switch it took just under 2 months (MK8 Deluxe) with more coming in mid-June (ARMS), late July (Splatoon 2) and likely yet another in the fall/holiday (SSB4 Deluxe).

Though I don't think the extremely slow OS before the giant OS updates in spring and summer 2013 helped.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Gamer83

@NEStalgia
It was definitely that way for me. I wasn't a big fan of the Wii U concept from the start, but do have to say, aside from Super Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros, I wasn't totally happy with first party quality/output either.

Gamer83

rallydefault

@Haru17
Very true. Now, I love 2D platformers, so the library actually drew me in. BUT the Wii U was sorely lacking "meaty," more expansive games like Zelda. And one can only take so many 2D platformers lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

-Green-

This game's really fun, but I really suck it so far. I keep getting my butt kicked out of nowhere.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

I went back to the Wii U version and found out that the parts have been completely rebalanced in Deluxe. Looks like when I've completed the 200cc time trials, I'll be on the lookout for a new main.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

erv

Ok, bought it because of all the small differences and the multiplayer portability aspect I'm going to use a lot.

First observations: auto accelerate is a given. No more eternal button cramp, doable in every case because the ability to break without losing your slide makes managing the ideal speed a whole different ballgame.

Have yet to test it in battle mode, but for racing it's always on for me from now on.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic