Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 361 to 380 of 2,142

FGPackers

I think there is another bug in the game, other than the online friends one. I noticed that online racing does not count coins for unlocking pieces. If i remember right it should, or am i wrong?

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Bender1001

@ValhallaOutcast I honestly think that was the issue and he just didn't have it on the truck. It wasn't a "NO DROP" (though with the price it should be...) so no reason they couldn't leave it at the door (apartment so no real risk and they've done it before).

I'm just being positive and playing Poyu Poyu Tetris until I can visit the Post Office tomorrow.

Edited on by Bender1001

Bender1001

Zyrac

Online does seem unstable right now. Lots of errors and long wait times, at least until you find a good room. Lag causing odd things to happen too, like two people being hit by the same shell. But hey, it's day one, the servers are under pressure and there are probably a lot of people trying to play on bad connections. No judging yet.

I will, however, complain about Mario Kart TV being stripped down here. No sharing functionality at all? I guess I'll hang onto my six best clips until we get the ability to share video with the Switch's capture button, whenever the heck that happens.

Zyrac

Twitter:

LuckyLand

@Gamer83 same for me, I didn't like the Wii U, but this game is great and I'm really happy to be able to play it on my Switch in an improved version.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Grumblevolcano

I was surprised to see some ARMS miis when playing online. I came across Ribbon Girl, Spring Man and Min Min. This is honestly a promising start for Nintendo's next new IP, get a demo out there so lots of people can actually check it out for themselves!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

metal134

Add me to the list of people who preordered from Amazon but didn't get it. Hasn't even shipped.

metal134

rallydefault

Hey so has anyone else noticed some "stealth" upgrades? Or am I going crazy?

For instance, the Music Dome stage (or whatever it's called - has all the flashing lights and stuff) definitely has some new visual effects, even a full-screen sort of purple haze effect during part of the last lap that was not there in the Wii U version.

Also, I've been noticing a general sound upgrade across the board. Effects and music, I don't know - just seem better balanced or more crisp or something. And there seem to be some completely new sound effects here and there. I'll have to take better note as I keep playing, and I've been noticing all of these things in single-player mode. I've played my Wii U copy as recently as just a few days ago, so I really don't think I'm going crazy here lol

rallydefault

Ralizah

@rallydefault You're not imagining things. Minor improvements have been made across the board with this game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

Apparently the confetti at starting lines now lands on the ground instead of just clipping through like a particle effect.

Did Baby Park in 8 always flash as you cross the finish line heading into the last lap?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eric258

@Haru17 Yeah, I'm pretty sure it always did.

Btw, anyway up for a game right now?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

XenoShaun

Is anyone else having issues with the game crashing in single player after a couple hours playing? It'll happen randomly in a race, freeze, you jolt forward or back slightly after few seconds then get booted out to the switch home screen saying game error occured.

It's happened 5 times in around 5 hours of total playtime. Got physical UK version.

XenoShaun

Eric258

@XenoShaun I've only had one case in which the game froze. It was when I was playing three player local on one of the battle modes with my niece and nephew. It also gave the message that an error had occurred and booted me out of the game. We had been playing for a couple hours so many that's why? Otherwise no idea.

Peek-a-boo

@Haru17 First thing I noticed when I played the game yesterday, seeing the confetti settle upon the ground!

A small detail perhaps, but one that I appreciated.

Not overly sure about the Baby Park 'flashing' when you cross the line on the last lap though... would you like me to report back my findings when I get to play MK8 Deluxe again another time?

Peek-a-boo

wasilewski

Does anyone know how to make your Mii avatar, that you have designed on the Switch's settings, show up in MK8? Mine always defaults to the normal generic blonde avatar and I can't work out how to change it.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Smitherenez

Yesterday while playing MK8D, my left joycon just stopped recognizing any inputs, eventhough it was still connected to the console. It worked again after restarting the Switch, but it was frustrating though since I was in first place....

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

GabeGalaxy

The game is awesome:) Online runs very smooth:)

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5414-5102-4440

Currently Playing:
Skyrim (SWITCH)
L.A Noire (SWITCH)
Splatoon 2 (SWITCH)
Just DANCE 2018 (SWITCH)

Haru17

@Peek-a-boo Naw, it's good. It's just that elements of the track glow as you cross the finish line the penultimate time. It's an addition I enjoyed, is all. Makes you feel like the game is more alive than dead.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

FGPackers

@Ralizah Have you resolved?

Anyone else with same issue? I fear i can't join today event because of this...

FGPackers

Eric258

@FGPackers What's exactly happening? Is it saying that you don't have friends to race with, so you have to register some or is it creating a room yet no friends are able to join? Earlier I saw you on my friends list racing online so assumed the problem fixed. Maybe see if u can join another friends room?

Edited on by Eric258

FGPackers

@Eric258 I still have the issue, and i don't really know how to solve it. It is really frustrating not being able to join friends online.

Eric258 wrote:

Is it saying that you don't have friends to race with, so you have to register some? Maybe see if u can join another friends room?

This is the problem, and no i can't join anyone because there is not a single name in the "friends list" when i go online, even if i have 30+ friends online on my Switch page...

FGPackers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic