Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 341 to 360 of 2,139

NEStalgia

I just went from originally planning to skip this since I'm not a huge MK fan (I like it but I'm not an enthusiast) and already played the core game (but bought no DLC) on WiiU, to debating about physical vs digital. Wanting digital for this one so I'd actually play it at random times, but wanting the gorgeous box and cart, to deciding on physical...to then Amazon shipped it late and it was NOT going to arrive today so then I ended up buying digital and may end up keeping both.....ugh!

NEStalgia

Haru17

Lobby disconnects aren't like the game crashing or anything. You can just enter matchmaking again.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

16bitdave

Can't wait to come home from work today and play MK8!

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

Zyrac

So I took this game online and... did I just play a 50cc race? Ugh, gross. And they appear to have removed the custom option, so I can't pick a speed class without using tournament mode or something. I wanna play 200cc, darnit!

Zyrac

Twitter:

FGPackers

Are you guys having kind of problems playing with friends? I see some people in my friends list playing MK8D online but i can't see anyone when i try to join someone. How does it work exactly?

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Bender1001

No Mario Kart 8 for me tonight it seems. Canada Post did the ol "Not gonna knock, just gonna leave this slip like I was there and you can pick it up tomorrow at the post office" SCAM!

Need to perfect drone delivery already and cut out the human aspect. Anyway guess a night of Puyo Puyo Tetris and Bomberman for me.

Bender1001

mav-i-am

tempted at digital due to the better load times.............

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Maxz

Found this for £35, and also found some extra money, to it's also broken my resolve and I've bought it. I never got the original DLC, so between that and battle mode, I can justify there being some new content. And as the handheld successor to MK7, there's some sense there too.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

ValhallaOutcast

@Bender1001 I know what you mean, I often have Canada Post deliver the notice when someone is home, one time I even was at the door and they said the package was not on the truck

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

FGPackers

Why i can't see friends in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe when i try to search for them? And why if i try to create a private lobby it says me to register friends??? Can you help me please??

FGPackers

AccessibleDaydream

Just called Amazon US, and my copy of MK8 Deluxe won't be here until Monday. Which is a real shame, because I was promised release-date delivery with Amazon Prime. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@Dj64Mk7 mine got booted off of release date delivery as well. According to amazon I won't get it until next Friday. Since I played the original I'm not to bothered by it. However it is odd; then again my copy of Zelda was late too.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FGPackers

No one can help me with my problem? It is really frustrating and irritating the fact i can't join friends races

FGPackers

DreamyViridi

I just came back for my friend's house after playing MK8 Deluxe. Needless to say, it was a fun time! We enjoyed the extra features and even talked about the smaller changes made to the game, such as the item "balancing" (you can get bob-ombs while in 1st, though you won't hear me complaining about that!) and the graphics.

I initially used the auto-accelerate and auto-turning functions in a couple of our races as a joke, but because I was using a Joy-Con to play and it's a bit small for my hands to play Mario Kart; I actually found auto-accelerate rather helpful. It let me use my "A button" thumb to grip the controller more comfortably. Still turned off auto-turning though because I don't need the game to do everything for me, plus it gets in the way when trying shortcuts.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Ryu_Niiyama

@Dj64Mk7 In general no. When I bought the Switch I got it and Bomberman upon release day. Zelda was late. PPT was on time. MK8D will be late. So I'm guessing it is the big games? Not sure if MK8D sold out on Amazon at any point...that may be a factor.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@FGPackers Having the same problem. I imagine it's a bug that Nintendo will patch soon.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Gamer83

Loving this game so far. I played it for a bit back when it originally released and wasn't too impressed, but I think that's mostly because I didn't care for the Wii U console itself and it did effect my enjoyment of some games. The DLC definitely added a lot though. Yet to try Battle Mode but looks like a blast.

Untitled

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Aouzy

Honestly, it's worth it for the battle mode. I initially bought it to race but I can't stop playing battle! I love how frantic Shine Thief and Renegade is, except on Battle Stadium, it's way too big.

Aouzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic