Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 321 to 340 of 2,142

ValhallaOutcast

@Som64 oh nice my bandwith for the month was close to full but I can manage a small one like that

Does anyone know if the eShop will be available at midnight? or does the store update later in the day

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

gcunit

I've been in a real dilemma over MK8D. MK8 has been my favourite Wii U game, so naturally a portable version, on a better screen, with all those Battle modes, is right at the top of my wishlist. But at the same time, with so many hundreds of games in my backlog, do I really want to drop £42-50 on a game I've already played for so many hours?

I'd come to the tough, but disciplined, decision that I wasn't going to get it until I could get it much cheaper in a year or so's time.

I was sad, but glad I had finally reached a point where I could say 'no' to my game buying urges.

Then I found a code to get it for £37 from Tesco so I've just ordered it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JoyBoy

@gcunit Lol, not you as well! Get outa here with your coupon code or whatever
But seriously, nice build up

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Pigeon

gcunit wrote:

I was sad, but glad I had finally reached a point where I could say 'no' to my game buying urges.

I lol'd.

My only suggesting is to quickly sell the Wii U version for a fairly decent price and get some more money back. Seems to be going for £20-25 on ebay right now.

Pigeon

Budda

I played a few hours online today. Seems like the connections are pretty unstable. Don't want to know how they will work tomorrow. Matchmaking takes pretty long but, I can't tell if that's intentionally or not. Everybody is ready but it always has to do the countdown. No exception.
Btw. The item distribution is fantastic online. Lots of Mushrooms, Super Horns or Bananas/Green Shells at 1st place. Coins still present, but with double item boxes and a good strategy they are not annoying. Oh, Bob Ombs? 1st place pretty common. The game feels so differen now. Don't get me wrong. 1st isn't op. Blue Shells, Red Shells, Thunder all the time. It feels actually more balanced than og MK8.

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Bender1001

First time ordering a release day game via Amazon Prime (Canada) so fingers crossed they pull this off tomorrow!

Bender1001

Maxz

Urphh... Wanna play the game. Had the Wii U one, but never bought the DLC, so there's some value there, and MARIO KART IN BED and MULTIPLAYER ANYWHERE and stuff, but... money. I'm hoping some second hand versions will pop up before TOO long. It seems like a pretty vital addition to the Switch library.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Pigeon

Just started playing this. Heads up guys: auto-accelerate and smart steering are turned ON when you first play the game. Be sure to pause the game on your first race and to turn them off.

It's a nice feature to add for younger kids. Sadly, no first person view ala the 3DS MK.

The battle mode feels really tight in this version. The speed is a little slower, but turning and aiming is much more user friendly as a consequence. The only other problem I have is that I can't seem to find a way to change your two weapons ala Double Dash.

Edited on by Pigeon

Pigeon

rallydefault

@Pigeon
I don't believe you can change the order of your weapons - they stay in the order you pick them up, I'm afraid.

rallydefault

JaxonH

gcunit wrote:

I've been in a real dilemma over MK8D. MK8 has been my favourite Wii U game, so naturally a portable version, on a better screen, with all those Battle modes, is right at the top of my wishlist. But at the same time, with so many hundreds of games in my backlog, do I really want to drop £42-50 on a game I've already played for so many hours?

I'd come to the tough, but disciplined, decision that I wasn't going to get it until I could get it much cheaper in a year or so's time.

Bravo...

Life is too short to shortchange yourself over such a small thing as this. It's Mario Kart 8 with all the DLC included and in 1080p, it's also portable in full console glory with the ability to race/battle others on the spot thanks to tabletop mode and detachable controllers, it's got a super slick battle mode, and tbh its the dopest entry of any MK game to date...

Treat yourself.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pigeon

rallydefault wrote:

@Pigeon
I don't believe you can change the order of your weapons - they stay in the order you pick them up, I'm afraid.

Yeah, seems like it, which is a bit of a bummer actually.

Pigeon

posca

hi guys im new to this forum..
whatsup!

also - do you guys think the game will come out at midnight?

posca

FGPackers

It arrived just now! Gonna unpack it now and starting race soon!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Haru17

Digital codes from Amazon unlocked at 9 pm PST to start downloading.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

Interesting, despite using the same connection MK8 Deluxe is much smoother online than Fast RMX which means I'll still be able to enjoy the GameXplain tournaments!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FGPackers

Did a race online, got second place. Did a battle online, got a second place there too The battle mode will be huge with this! It is really fun! This afternoon i'll be online to race/battle if anyone wants to! Meanwhile i also started doing what it is needed to unlock Gold Mario!

FGPackers

meherenow

Wow, the online is pretty bugged! Just sitting there a few times frozen in the pre-lobby and then it crashed me back out.

Now, first game online, finished the race but still I went round and round the track while the other drivers on the map froze - eventually got the old "A communication error has occured"...

meherenow

FGPackers

meherenow wrote:

Wow, the online is pretty bugged! Just sitting there a few times frozen in the pre-lobby and then it crashed me back out.

Now, first game online, finished the race but still I went round and round the track while the other drivers on the map froze - eventually got the old "A communication error has occured"...

I'm not having any kind of issue. Just a disconnect in 1 hour and half, another person that crashed. That's it

FGPackers

JoyBoy

FGPackers wrote:

meherenow wrote:

I'm not having any kind of issue. Just a disconnect in 1 hour and half, another person that crashed. That's it

Only one in 1,5 hours? Doesn't sound that great TBH.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic