Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,144

Lethal

I am just glad they decided to add some real battle mode arenas. Battle mode sucked so badly on the Wii U.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

FGPackers

That's a fantastic news! I'm really happy about it!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Haru17

Untitled

Where did the wings fly off to?

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Peek-a-boo

This is currently reviewing quite nicely, sitting comfortably behind Breath of the Wild and Persona 5, both of which are perched on a slightly higher throne.

If there were another four new tracks (a whole new cup) and if Block Fort was in the battle mode (seriously, how long would it have taken them to create four individual blocks with two ramps leading up to each one?!), I would have seriously considered buying a Nintendo Switch for this sooner than later.

As it stands, it doesn't offer enough to sway me away from playing Mario Kart 8 on my Wii U at present.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo I think Block Fort wasn't picked because it has already been a retro battle stage (it was in MKDS). Retro repeats have only occurred as DLC (i.e. GCN Yoshi Circuit, GCN Baby Park, SNES Rainbow Road in MK8 DLC) so your best bet for Block Fort being in a Mario Kart game after MKDS would be something like MK8 Deluxe getting DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano I would actually love to see Nintendo add extra characters and tracks (via DLC) for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe over a steady and consistent period of time. Perhaps they would be wise to use the game as some kind of 'service' as opposed to starting Mario Kart 9 from scratch in a few years time?

A bit like the Street Fighter V model; add new characters, modes and stages every three or four months without having to think about pursuing a sequel (and use up unnecessary resources) for the game.

Peek-a-boo

Eric258

Hey guys does nintendo life have. Discord. Seeing as how the switch online service isn't up yet, I was wondering if we could have a discord channel if we didn't previsiuky have one already

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Grumblevolcano

@Peek-a-boo Yeah that's what I'd want too, same with Smash. Release an enhanced port of Smash Wii U and then have a DLC pipeline similar to how things were for Smash in 2015/early 2016

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FGPackers

I read the review and can't wait to play it. Gonna have lots of hours of fun with this one!! Just 8 days!!

FGPackers

Brian-Price

Will Mario Kart release Amiibos?

Brian-Price

Xyphon22

It sounds strange, but my son loves watching me play this on Wii U and likes to try to play himself but just isn't very good at it (he's 5), so while I have not been sure I want to get this on Switch, the addition that is most likely to push me towards it is the automatic acceleration and steering so that I can actually play with him. I think that is a great addition.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

FGPackers

@Xyphon22 yeah that's an awesome addition that can boost multiplayer in situations like yours!

FGPackers

BigBadJohn

There's no reason why Nintendo wouldn't add to MK8D with DLC. Granted the base game is already packed but I think Nintendo have got the DLC bug now.

SW-5512-0541-9236

Name the movie quote "Toolshed!"

peloxbol

I'm really excited to play MK8 DELUXE as I was not able to have a WiiU, so for me its a yes! Nintendo take my money and make me happy!
Me and my wife we enjoy MK8 series a lot!

peloxbol

skywake

The funny thing about the "lots of ports" whine is that every Nintendo portable system has had a significant port in the launch year. Pretty much all of them sold ridiculously well. The GBC launched with a colourised port of Link's Awakening and a port of Super Mario Bros. The GBA was basically a SNES port machine from the start. The DS also took a lot from the SNES but launched with Super Mario 64 DS. The 3DS had the N64 Zelda games to lean on.

Heaven forbid Nintendo launches the Switch with some Wii U games. What a unique and unprecedented event this is....

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haru17

BigBadJohn wrote:

There's no reason why Nintendo wouldn't add to MK8D with DLC. Granted the base game is already packed but I think Nintendo have got the DLC bug now.

Except for the fact that the team might be busy adding to ARMS with DLC? If they were going to add tracks to a remaster, they would have shown them from the jump. Nintendo was forthright about Breath of the Wild's DLC plan.

Peek-a-boo wrote:

...if Block Fort was in the battle mode (seriously, how long would it have taken them to create four individual blocks with two ramps leading up to each one?!),

In a weird way, I think that would hurt perception of the game. I think they wanted to show off the crazy anti-grav tech / visuals with battle mode, especially as an early Switch title. Even the dessert levels in Mario are immaculately detailed nowadays, the exception being Odyssey.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

StuTwo

Haru17 wrote:

In a weird way, I think that would hurt perception of the game. I think they wanted to show off the crazy anti-grav tech / visuals with battle mode, especially as an early Switch title. Even the dessert levels in Mario are immaculately detailed nowadays, the exception being Odyssey.

I know. Some of those cake and biscuit levels in 3d World looked good enough to eat!

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

mav-i-am

Nintendo UK now selling the game with a T shirt

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

ProjectX1991

Roll on Friday! Whacked on the old Wii U game yesterday to get myself geared up and I can't wait!

ProjectX1991

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic