Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,142

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Yea, I mean, when you put all the tweaks together like you did, this is a pretty sweet upgrade even if you owned the Wii U title. People love to do the whole "I'm not buying this AGAIN" thing like it's a badge of honor or something, but honestly, I'm seeing tons of stuff in Deluxe to justify a purchase even after owning the original. The Battle Mode alone is going to bring insane hours of playtime, but all the little racing tweaks like 3-tier powersliding, 2-item holding, and the autosteer for my wife (she loves playing, but she's not all that great - this will help lessen the frustration that sometimes happens) are awesome.

But yea, MK8 has also been perhaps my most-played game over the last couple years. I don't even want to know how many hours I have on it. Something about the way it controls just feels so perfect.

rallydefault

JoeDiddley

@rallydefault posts like yours from people who already own it make me so excited for this game. Because I missed the Wii U, Mario Kart 8 is the only game in the series I haven't played.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

FGPackers

@JoeDiddley If this can be of any "help" i owned MK8 (and it was with Mario Maker the most played right after Splatoon) too and i really can't wait for April 28th. I really can't contain myself! Just thinking about the Nintendo Life tournament possibility, both race mode and battle mode, with future voice chat!!! OMG that's awesome and INKredible ( ). And the fact that this is really going to be a huge system seller makes me think that Nintendo is doing really good with Switch!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

JoeDiddley

@FGPackers ha, yes that "helps". I might need to get familiar with the game before I dare to join any tournaments though!

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

FGPackers

Now the only thing that i would like to know before the game arrives is this: is fire hop still there? Because with the new pink boost this can be really a game breaker, even more than how it was on Wii U

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

marston1983

Can anyone help with a issue please,

I live in the U.K., and I have pre ordered a copy of mario kart on the switch from Amazon as I have some gift cards, as it is £42 and Amazon are normally pretty reliable with release dates I thought it was a good deal.

However I have just noticed that the game won't be shipped until the day after the release date and won't get to me until the 3rd may.if I pay the extra cost of premium postage it still won't get to me until the the day after the official release date

Normally Amazon are very good at release dates anyone have an idea as to why there may be a delay?

Many thanks

Jon

marston1983

ValhallaOutcast

@marston1983 sounds like a stock issue with Amazon, contact them and see what they say, Amazon support in NA is very helpful I never dealt with Amazon UK

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

marston1983

Perhaps you are right🤔 Maybe this is amazons way of saying join us or get ur items later than you want.

If I hadn't got £30 in gift cards I would have got it from Argos for £50, game are charging £55 if you go into the store on the day and buy it off the shelf, 😡

Edited on by marston1983

marston1983

marston1983

@FGPackers
Amazon the Cheeky devils 😄 I know may 3rd is not even a week later but in gaming time that is a long time to wait 😭

Moral of the story is if you think you have got yourself a good deal, always check the small print 😕

Thank you for the advice.

Jon

Edited on by marston1983

marston1983

Luna_110

I'll think I wait a bit to get this one, but I'll get it down the road eventually.

I'll admit I'm just a bit bitter on spending on the DLC and that now it's all included. Probably if it's ever on discount on my local shop, I'll trade in my Wii U copy. Portability is a big plus.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

GabeGalaxy

Didn't get a chance to play this on MK8 on WIIU:(
I'm excited to play this on the Switch, already have it pre ordered:)

Edited on by GabeGalaxy

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5414-5102-4440

Currently Playing:
Skyrim (SWITCH)
L.A Noire (SWITCH)
Splatoon 2 (SWITCH)
Just DANCE 2018 (SWITCH)

JaxonH

@rallydefault
Well, it's a classic. It's one of those rare timeless classics that never get old. It's one of those games you buy, you play for a couple weeks, put down, then come back to once in a while throughout the generation. It's got legs.

But honestly, One of the best aspects of this game is playing with other people in local multiplayer. It's one of my fondest childhood memories- playing with my bro in battle mode on SNES, or with my teenage friends on the N64 back in the day. But when you grow up and you get a job and life takes hold you don't have people around to play games like this with anymore. At least, I don't have anyone to play with. So that magic is at least partially lost with any version of the game released...

Except this one.

Because this one, unlike the Wii U version, can be taken with you. And sure, the handheld entries were portable, but unless you just happened to have two friends at work who also had a 3DS and a copy of the game, you weren't going to be playing multiplayer with anyone.

This is the first time I can actually take this game with me and have separate controllers and a screen to play on and everything. I can finally play with other people because the entire system packs up right along with the game. It's more of a game changer on Switch's part than this port of MK8, but together it's the perfect recipe to bring back the magic of local MP... something I'd almost forgotten what it was like to enjoy... it's just been that long.

Nobody turns away the Joycon at work. When I pass the Joycon, there's always takers. I may just bring those Joycon grips to work so we can play comfortably. Maybe even stash an extra set of Joycons in my droor too.

Untitledscreengrabcertificity.com

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

I bet people can't wait to play this on their Nintendo Portstation, ner her her her!

Sarcasm, if you really couldn't tell.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

gcunit

Are there any decent extras on offer with UK pre-orders anywhere?

And no, I don't want the mugs

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NaviAndMii

@gcunit Here's what's on offer If you pre-order MK8D from the official Nintendo UK online store...

Untitled

or...

Untitled

...we do have a reputation for being a nation of tea drinkers after all! What more could we want?!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Eric258

@JaxonH Yeah the biggest reason I'm excited to mario kart 8 deluxe is local multiplayer. My niece, nephew and I always played mario kart wii and still do .It was really fun having a game in which we were all decent. Heck sometimes we play make believe/ pretend instead of racing. I remember playing on Coconut Mall where we would pretend to go shopping and be amazed by that shortcut in through a shop. We would also look for all the miis and just have exploring. Mario Kart is also a game which brought may family and friends. It was the only time I ever saw my sister and Mum ever touch a video game and after our exams in year 12, my friends and I would wind down by playing some rounds of Mari kart at the public library (although I don't think it actually calmed us down, there intense races XD). Anyway i excited for this game so that I can experience these awesome multiplayer moments again and the fact that's it portables means it's far easier than ever to do so.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Grumblevolcano

For me the biggest reasons I'm excited for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are pretty much the reasons I was excited for Mario Kart 8 in 2014. Mario Kart on the latest console as well as stuff like GameXplain tournaments are probably going to return, maybe Nintendo Life will do some cool stuff too, EGX will probably be the most fun since 2014 (maybe even better if Nintendo decides to have games like Super Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors playable), etc.

In addition, is of course the portability and battle mode.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic