Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 261 to 280 of 768

NaviAndMii

@memoryman3 Judging by the popularity of the Breath of the Wild Amiibo, that Link Racing Suit is gonna be everywhere online!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MD 🎮 NSW 🎮

MK8D (R: 8600, B: 2500)
Splatoon 2 (L: 63, CB: A, RM: A, SZ: A, TC: A)
Rocket League (L: 28 - Pro)

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

DarkRula

Or, you know, Link himself.
Heavy characters are the most popular, after all.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

metal134

I've been searching, but can't find any indication; how will multiplayer work with multiple Switches? I've seen 4 player split screen on one system, but say I have a Switch, and my buddy has one, will we be able to connect and play 4 players with 2 player split screen on each system?

metal134

FGPackers

@metal134 you should be able to since you can connect up to 8 Switches wireless

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Silly_G

And there's only ONE new amiibo suit? Ugh. Seems like such a stupid decision to not include Waluigi, Daisy and Boo-themed costumes. I was also hoping for Squid Sister costumes, but there's only one for the entire Splatoon line.

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Silly_G

metal134 wrote:

I've been searching, but can't find any indication; how will multiplayer work with multiple Switches? I've seen 4 player split screen on one system, but say I have a Switch, and my buddy has one, will we be able to connect and play 4 players with 2 player split screen on each system?

I was hoping for this as well, but sadly, I think it's limited to just two players per console. If you watch the video that SLIGEACH_EIRE has shared above, you'll see in the menu that there are two toads illustrated in the tab for "Wireless Play" and four toads in the tab for standard "Multiplayer", so, at a glance, that indicates that Wireless Play will be restricted to just two players. That's such a tremendous shame as eight players across two consoles would have made it worth buying a second Switch for larger gatherings/parties.

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Aozz101x

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Nintendo Russia's official store has revealed a new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Switch bundle. Probably ahead of schedule, it was likely meant as an announcement in tonight's Direct.

Untitled

https://mir.nintendo.ru/shop/product/komplekt-nintendo-switch...

i'll take that bundle. but i'd better hurry and make $300 quick before it's sold out

Games Currently Playing:
Billy Hatcher TGE
Town of Salem
Fallout 4
Recore (soon...)

Sorta Playing
Star Fox Guard
Xenoblade
Xenoblade X

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

FGPackers

Really happy about it!! It can really help sales!!

If it's true this can be a reason for shortages...

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

NaviAndMii

Aozz101x wrote:

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Nintendo Russia's official store has revealed a new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Switch bundle. Probably ahead of schedule, it was likely meant as an announcement in tonight's Direct.

Untitled

https://mir.nintendo.ru/shop/product/komplekt-nintendo-switch...

i'll take that bundle. but i'd better hurry and make $300 quick before it's sold out

I so thought that was fake! Love that '0+' Russian age rating - I'm adding 'Mario Kart multiplayer' to my list: 'reasons to have a baby!'

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MD 🎮 NSW 🎮

MK8D (R: 8600, B: 2500)
Splatoon 2 (L: 63, CB: A, RM: A, SZ: A, TC: A)
Rocket League (L: 28 - Pro)

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

rallydefault

I know this seems pretty darn small, but Deluxe is adding a 3rd-tier boost you can get from powersliding. I think that's pretty cool for more advanced users.

rallydefault

FGPackers

@rallydefault Yeah and just to let anyone know, for those who don't, it's pink colored (after orange and blue)

FGPackers

JaxonH

@rallydefault
I just heard that. Awesome. Plus you can break while drifting, which should make 200cc a viable mode now (in Wii U it was impossible to stay on the track during turns). Double items, feather, autosteering for new players, Inklings, 5 battle modes and 8 new battle arenas, and more I'm forgetting I'm sure... this really is gonna be a great revision of MK8.

The portable play on a system that has 2 controllers built in though... that's the biggest advantage this version has. Aside from the battle mode.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, South Park Fractured But Whole, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Yea, I mean, when you put all the tweaks together like you did, this is a pretty sweet upgrade even if you owned the Wii U title. People love to do the whole "I'm not buying this AGAIN" thing like it's a badge of honor or something, but honestly, I'm seeing tons of stuff in Deluxe to justify a purchase even after owning the original. The Battle Mode alone is going to bring insane hours of playtime, but all the little racing tweaks like 3-tier powersliding, 2-item holding, and the autosteer for my wife (she loves playing, but she's not all that great - this will help lessen the frustration that sometimes happens) are awesome.

But yea, MK8 has also been perhaps my most-played game over the last couple years. I don't even want to know how many hours I have on it. Something about the way it controls just feels so perfect.

rallydefault

JoeDiddley

@rallydefault posts like yours from people who already own it make me so excited for this game. Because I missed the Wii U, Mario Kart 8 is the only game in the series I haven't played.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Twitter: @mrjoediddley

FGPackers

@JoeDiddley If this can be of any "help" i owned MK8 (and it was with Mario Maker the most played right after Splatoon) too and i really can't wait for April 28th. I really can't contain myself! Just thinking about the Nintendo Life tournament possibility, both race mode and battle mode, with future voice chat!!! OMG that's awesome and INKredible ( ). And the fact that this is really going to be a huge system seller makes me think that Nintendo is doing really good with Switch!

FGPackers

JoeDiddley

@FGPackers ha, yes that "helps". I might need to get familiar with the game before I dare to join any tournaments though!

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Twitter: @mrjoediddley

FGPackers

Now the only thing that i would like to know before the game arrives is this: is fire hop still there? Because with the new pink boost this can be really a game breaker, even more than how it was on Wii U

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic