Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 261 to 274 of 274

memoryman3

@Grumblevolcano But I at least expected some new Mario series amiibo suit, and not just one Inkling amiibo suit. I mean, why did they prioritise the outside franchises so much anyways? It's like giving special funcitons to the Super Mario amiibo but not Smash Sheik or Ganondorf in Breath of the Wild...just awful, anti-consumer and a slap in the face to fans.

Edited on by memoryman3

The return of memory man! Likes playing Mario Kart and Mario Maker. Add me!

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@memoryman3 Well there's likely more Mii racing suits than what's announced. Don't forget that the main Wii U updates added large bunches (November 2014 added 10 and April 2015 added 9) so I'd imagine around 8 new ones will be added to MK8 Deluxe if not more.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

memoryman3

@Grumblevolcano I'm worried because they would have made a big deal about it otherwise, and the leaked shots showed all 20 suits.

The return of memory man! Likes playing Mario Kart and Mario Maker. Add me!

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter:

Nintenerdguy

Come on, what topic's still available?

Signed by the one and only Nintenerd guy. Hype is real for Pokemon Switch, right?
Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

@memoryman3
Everything's a slap in the face to fans nowadays. No middle ground. Anything people even remotely don't like or agree with is a bitter insult, slap and spit in the face

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Zelda Breath of the Wild [Switch] ...... Fast Racing RMX [Switch] ...... Nier Automata [PS4] ...... Ghost Recon Wildlands [X1] ...... Metroid Other M [Wii] ...... Dragon Age Origins [PC]

Jesus is Lord.

Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

DoubleKeyLocks

I am still not over Mario Kart for WiiU, so I gonna wait a long time till I get the new mario kart for switch.

DoubleKeyLocks

Flanktwo

I really believe they should give people that got it for Wii U a discount via mynintendo, but it's nintendo so chances are they will make it even more expensive for Wii U owners

Flanktwo

NaviAndMii

At least Nintendo aren't charging top dollar for the Deluxe edition of MK8 - here in the UK it'll be £10 cheaper than a top-level game like Zelda...

Just to put that in to some kind of context, the enhanced port of GTAV on PS4 was full price - it featured a graphical overhaul and a new first-person mode, roughly equivalent to the improvements made from the WiiU edition of Mario Kart 8 - but if you wanted the upgrade, Rockstar were expecting you to pay full retail price again (although there were a few exclusive items bundled in with that for returning players to sweeten the deal) ..when Skyrim was ported over to PS4, it came with a lower overall price point, but no exclusive content/special deal for returning players.

It's always going to be a difficult balancing act - it'd be nice if, for example, any returning MK8 players could get a special WiiU racing suit or something similar as a kind of 'loyalty bonus' - but at least the price kinda reflects that it's an 'enhanced port'...

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Hey! Listen!

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Recently played: Splatoon 2: Global Testfire, Snipperclips Demo
⇨Check out my collection!⇦

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801
My Nintendo: NaviAndMiiNickname: TomCat★
☆Friend requests welcome!☆

Twitter:

MrHero

@NaviAndMii It is the full $59.99 in the US... Maybe they will lower the price? I am seeing £42 on Amazon UK, what is the normal full price for a new title in the UK?

MrHero

Grumblevolcano

@MrHero For Nintendo using Wii U as the example: £50 for high tier, £40 for mid tier and £35 for low tier. So like MK8 and Smash Wii U were £50, Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors were £40, Captain Toad and Splatoon were £35.

Breath of the Wild was £60 for Wii U just to make it the same price as the Switch version but I've seen it around for £50 in a few places (e.g. Asda).

From the looks of things, in general Switch = Wii U + £10 (low tier is + £5, not £10). So high tier is £60, mid tier is £50 and low tier is £40.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MrHero

@Grumblevolcano Thanks! Is £60 normal for PS4 and Xbox too, or are they £50? It seems that MK8 Deluxe is set in stone at $60 here, but we don't really have a multi tier system here either. Most games are $60.

MrHero

NaviAndMii

@MrHero I seem to remember that top tier PS4 games would retail at around the £60 mark when the console first launched...they seem to have come down a bit over time though - you can pick up a new AAA title (eg. Horizon Zero Dawn) for around £45ish depending on where you shop.. (hopefully Switch games will also see a steady price decrease as the console gets older!)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Hey! Listen!

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Recently played: Splatoon 2: Global Testfire, Snipperclips Demo
⇨Check out my collection!⇦

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801
My Nintendo: NaviAndMiiNickname: TomCat★
☆Friend requests welcome!☆

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic