Forums

Topic: Luigi's Mansion 3

Posts 141 to 160 of 198

TuVictus

Finding one of the 6 gems in each floor is always so satisfying

TuVictus

jump

I'm really enjoying this game, Next Level Games deserve a lot of praise as I'm finding this is on par with Odyssey. Lots of details, fun bosses and the few mechanics and enemy types gets very cleverly used and aren't often repeated.

The only complaints I have is collecting money doesn't seem that worthwhile and I would of liked something similar to the first game of a dark mansion where them torch is more meaningful but the themed floors of a hotel works better.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

link3710

So some thoughts on the various floors.

B2
I didn't have any trouble with that boss? Biggest thing to learn was to leave Gooigi up top so I didn't have to get out each time. That said, this area was one of the best demonstrations of why Gooigi was such a great inclusion to the game.
B1,1,2,3,4,5
This whole set of floors feels a lot like Luigi's Mansion 1, which was probably intentional. They also started me off thinking the Basement would be the standard for a floor size and well... Yeah. Definitely set the bar low so they could top themselves over and over. Notably the boss fights start off pathetic, probably for the same reason. These floors also feel the most metroidvania like, since you constantly get new abilities you can go back and use. Also, I got wrecked by 8 red ghosts spawning in the ballroom (where E Gadd was), so these floors are well worth revisiting for that too.

I want more of all three of these. I feel like these floor only scratched the surface of what themes like that could offer in the future (12 especially). I'm honestly hoping for the next game to feature multiple locations again, but with the lessons learned from 3. The fact that they don't fit into the actual building shape wise only managed to make the place more unnerving, so props there.

This was by far the best floor in the game so far. An excellent use of space, genuinely disorienting and scary, and the puzzles all made you think. Reorganizing the rooms like that was a genius move.

So Luigi gets a T-Rex too? Honestly, I think I like this one more than Odyssey's. This fight went from scary to laughable when you realized it was on a pole, to super scary once it broke free.

The movie theater felt like a great throwback to Monkey Island. Took me forever to solve the first step, but by then I'd familiarized myself enough with the various rooms to make good time. Also, the posters. Obviously three were based on Dark Moon, Punch Out, and Strikers, but what were the other two? I recognized DK and Diddy's sillouettes in the one on the right, so that might be Strikers Charged? The last one is a mystery to me though, is it a Federation Force reference?}

EDIT:
13: So apparently, there's two different ways to find the key for the other room. I found both and it glitched the game up, making Luigi throw one key out to pick up the other, and then the key vanished from my inventory once I left the room, and I had to go back and pick the first one back up. Hopefully this won't soft lock me or anything...

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Enigminator

Just finished the game. The fight against King Boo was alright. A little better than Dark Moon's final boss.

Edited on by Enigminator

Enigminator

FX102A

Anyone had any crashing issues with the 6th floor boss? Twice when I gave what I think is the final hit, it crashed. A quick search shows that it has happened to at least one other person though it sounds like they had a downloadable version of the game and deleting and redone losing it stoppped it from happening. Best i can do is delete and redownload the patch.

FX102A

alpacatears

The best tip I found for playing it was that you can do almost every action using the shoulder buttons.

alpacatears

1UP_MARIO

@alpacatears not almost but all actions can be done. Best way to play in my opinion.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

NintendoByNature

Can anyone help me with the puzzle found in the paranormal productions? Not sure what to do here..

NintendoByNature

TuVictus

The TV's allow you to walk through while carrying items with your vacuum. Hopefully that's a helpful hint

TuVictus

NintendoByNature

@PikPi thanks.. I figured that's what i had to do. But I couldn't find what go carry. I'll take another look.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

Loving the game so far. As everyone said, the charm has always been outstanding with the Mansion games, but this is just through the roof.

Major complaint, though: I do only have 2 or 3 hours in the game so far, but for some reason I'm not jiving with the vacuum rotation. Something just feels...not right, at least compared to Dark Moon on the 3DS. I tried toggling each of the controls settings both individually and together. Just not totally clicking for me this time around.

In the directional control - seems counter intuitive? Like sometimes depending on Luigi's angle I'll push my stick to the left, but he'll continue to turn past "left" and directly into the camera (and really just around in circles infinitely with the stick in the same position)? Feels weird. Like... why wouldn't he just stop when he gets all the way to the left, where I'm pushing the stick, and if I want to continue the turn, I'll keep rotating the stick toward me? It's not a 1:1 correspondence between stick rotation and character rotation. Seems nitpicky as I type it out, but dang, it's kind of spoiling my fun a bit.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

linklvr

FX102A wrote:

Anyone had any crashing issues with the 6th floor boss?

yes. my digital copy had an issue with that boss. i had slammed him 5 or 6 times (much more than the expected "3 hits" for most nintendo bosses) when my switch "experienced an unknown error." It happened twice while fighting the boss, but the third time i played through i was able to defeat him.

linklvr

echoplex

Enigminator wrote:

Just finished the game. The fight against King Boo was alright. A little better than Dark Moon's final boss.

Just finished it too ! Had to fight King Boo twice because during the first encounter, at the part with the countdown, at some point the third Boo disappeared and I was left with the two other Boos hovering back and forth, doing nothing until the timer hit zero, which was quite annoying.

Edited on by echoplex

echoplex

Twitter:

Enigminator

@echoplex I got lucky with that phase. Almost died with 30-16 seconds remaining before he finally threw that spike ball again. I honestly feel like they could've done way better with that fight, now that I think about it.

Enigminator

Moshugan

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I wanna rant about how stupid it is that you can't copy save files!! Why did they give us three save slots for a single user profile when you can't even copy your save file into the other slots? It's so dumb. I started a game with my friend, but I wanted to continue playing the same file on my own. I thought I could make a copy of it so that we can continue the old save when I see my friend again. But no. The only way I can continue with the existing file while keeping the old save is to cloud backup it and disable automatic cloud backup for the game. This way I can retrieve the backup and overwrite my file when we want to continue with my friend from where we left. Frustrating and unnecessarily so.

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Henmii

Now that I am a couple of hours in: I shouldn't have doubted it. It's great! Beautiful graphics and secrets everywhere. And it's just great fun to wreck the whole mansion and collect allllll the money (even if the money doesn't seem to have any use). Oh, and there's more E-Gadd interaction (Even if he's still not playable). This could be my game of the year. Or Astral chain, but I have yet to play that one.

Also: The new Poltergust is super powerfull. You can suck up almost everything: Towels, plates, even wrenches...it's crazy!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

TuVictus

I beat the game! Though there are still plenty of gems to get. I'm impressed at how they manage to hide 6 gems in those floors that consist of like 2 rooms. I can rarely find more than 3

TuVictus

NintendoByNature

@PikPi yea for sure. I can find maybe 3 at most. Collectables in games never really do it for me honestly though. So I'm just going to play thru the main game and try out scare scraper and scream park. I probably only have a couple hours left. I think I'm 3 or 4 more floors to go. It's shaping up to be a top 5 game of the year for me. Possibly top 3.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic