Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 661 to 680 of 726

rallydefault

@C-Chakra
I bet it'll take you around 8 hours if you've never played it. Possibly more if you really look for everything.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

rallydefault wrote:

@C-Chakra
I bet it'll take you around 8 hours if you've never played it. Possibly more if you really look for everything.

I think it might take a first timer a little more than that. Maybe 10-12. It takes me about 10 and ive played the original 4 or 5 times before I played the remake. And im not searching every corner of the Game either. I guess it all depends on if you're a veteran to the 2d series or not @C-Chakra

NintendoByNature

C-Chakra

@rallydefault @NintendoByNature Cheers for the replies! Just bought it online and am about to head down and pick it up.. Gonna take it as slow as possible. Looks like a good game for just relaxing and wandering around, which is what i'm looking for. Gonna be great.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

NintendoByNature

@C-Chakra it's definitely a more chill zelda game. I Think you'll enjoy it. It's in my top 3 zelda games of all time if thats saying anything 😁

NintendoByNature

C-Chakra

@NintendoByNature Nice! Well Link to the Past is my favourite and i'm a sucker for anything with a beachy deserted island setting.. plus i'm in the mood for a good proper chillout, so looks like it's the perfect game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8045-4533-8325

CurryPowderKeg79

There's an owl statue right next to bridge @Hylian-Likely that says secrets are like bridges or something to that effect. But way to go on not needing help with the later dungeons.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

rallydefault

@Hylian-Likely
Your comment is just...perfect for some of the stuff we were talking about in this thread. Some people think this game totally hand holds you, but here you are saying you used a guide and don't understand how anyone could do it without a guide.

rallydefault

rallydefault

@Hylian-Likely
I moreso agree with you. I think a lot of us who played it in the old days just tend to be more jaded lol Even if it does "hand hold," it's nowhere near what modern games do.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

toiletduck

I'm on my first playthrough and I'm really taking things slow. I'm planning to finish it without looking anything up online. It already caused me to losing an hour searching for a clue. Progression is really rewarding though.

Although I love the game (art style, story, gameplay, don't mind the backtracking at all), there's two things that slightly bother me:
1) the framerate stutters seem unnecessary for a relatively simple game like this
2) 8-direction moving seems a bit below par in this modern age of gaming

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

DarkGeno

Completed the game tonight after 20 hours. Never played the original so I'm happy I got to experience this gem on Switch. My favorite thing about this game has to be all the Mario cameos. I've never seen so much Mario in a Zelda game before. Pretty sure I even saw Kirby. Oh, and Manbo's Mambo is the real MVP.

DarkGeno

Octane

Need some help with the last seashell. I've got all of them, except one from the fishing pond (already got the first one from the pond). I caught both a cheep-cheep and a blooper, but no second seashell. Does anyone know what to do to get the last seashell from the fishing pond?

Octane

toiletduck

Wow, I've actually been able to reach the credits without looking up anything! I'm more proud of myself right now than I probably should be 😳 it's fulfilling to finish a game without help, even if it's a relatively easy game. This was a lot of fun!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Nater

I just got this game from Amazon, and they sent me a European version? Instead of rated "E" by the ESRB it's got a green square w/ a "7" in it. www.pegi.info. There's a sticker on the back over the shrink wrap with an American flag that says "Fully playable in English - Region Free" and then another sticker w/ a UPC that says "LEGEND OF ZELDA LINK'S AWAKENING - NINTENDO SWITCH, Neuf"

I'm in the United States...and I'm hesitant to open this and install it. Is it going to work fine? What about updates in the future?

Nater

WoomyNNYes

I finished the Tail Cave, and the owl said to go to the topenga swamp. So, at the swamp, I don't see anything to progress the game. What am I missing or supposed to do?

The kids in town told me Moblins raided the town, took Bow wow.
I've walked all over the accessible map, entered every house, and no bow wow.

I have sword, shield, magic powder, feather(for jumping), bananas.

Any ideas?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

Have you explored every cave yet. It's not that well hidden, the moblin cave has decorations in the entrance.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@Eel I've entered every building/cave that doesn't have those black rocks blocking them. I can't lift/move rocks yet.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@WoomyNNYes it's a cave you can definitely access with what you have.

I could give you directions if you want, but that would probably take away from your experience

If you want a hint:

It's in the area around Crazy Tracy's house

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioBrickLayer

I just started playing this and I love it!! I think it would be great if they did other Zelda games in the same style...how about a Zelda 1 + 2 double pack?!

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic