Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 441 to 460 of 726

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

The price for a popular Zelda game like this won't decrease much over time though. So you probably won't save any money by waiting.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DenDen

True, this is a game I want to play the first day.
Its my favorite handheld game this needs my love

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

kkslider5552000

I'm probably gonna pull a Deus Ex: Human Revolution and wait until its at the price it should actually be at.

For those who don't remember, the Wii U port of Human Revolution was a really cool Director's Cut that included the DLC, fixed the terrible boss battles of the original and added some cool Wii U specific features to enhance the game (so doing more than half of Nintendo's games on the system :V). Which was awesome...but then they made it 60 bucks on the Wii U when the re-release was 40 on other consoles. They had the excuse that Human Revolution was already on those consoles but...uh no. I specifically refused to buy it until it was at least at the original version it was at. Which honestly lead to me buying it used before SE lowered the price on Wii U, because they were dumb.

That's exactly where I'm with this. I want to buy it, despite owning the original release, but 60 bucks is above what people should pay for it, no matter how amazing Link's Awakening is or looks. Unless the random dungeon bonus content is vastly more replayable and complex than what we've seen, this is not 60 bucks worth of content, Nintendo could sell this at 40 and still make plenty of money. And I say all this as someone who considers Link's Awakening to be one of my favorite games.

and this is not a super serious protest or whatever, but the idea that every new retail release needs to be a 60 dollar game is dumb. other publishers are dumb because they only make big 60 dollar games, but you have the perfect game to fill in as a 30-40 game, thus continuing the trend of 30-40 handheld nintendo games without needlessly having 2 systems at once but still promoting slightly cheaper games to appeal to different audiences and in general this whole thing seems to be a rare bit of short term greed from nintendo with no other benefit, also links awakening should be cheaper so that more people can play the best 2d zelda

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SNES64DD

@Dezzy That's all the more reason to wait. Other games drop but also raise in price. Seriously, I missed "Disagea 5 Complete" and now the game costs more then it does at launch. At least I know for the Big N games, I will be paying more or less the same price.

SNES64DD

Switch Friend Code: SW-6514-9557-3207 | My Nintendo: SNES64DD | Nintendo Network ID: SNES64DD

SNES64DD

@kkslider5552000 I dunno. I see more value in 2D Zelda then 3D Zelda.
Also, they are adding a Dugeon Maker mechanic into it and I don't think its going to have DLC or a Deluxe Edition later. The price is a bit steep though I agree but its more perceived value then anything actual.

As I said, I've always had more fun with 2D Zelda's then 3D ones. The replay value is great and I've never been disappointed by a title.

3D Zelda's, on the other hand, looks expensive like any AAA game does.
That's what they are selling to you.
And that's how people are scammed every generation into buying mediocre new AAA franchises that isn't really all that fun at all. It's all about hiding mediocre gameplay with pretty graphics and an immersive world. That's what an AAA game is.

SNES64DD

Switch Friend Code: SW-6514-9557-3207 | My Nintendo: SNES64DD | Nintendo Network ID: SNES64DD

kkslider5552000

Quality is subjective and largely shouldn't be the basis of pricing tbh. The idea that the best entertainment should be more expensive is dumb. 2D games should be seen as equal to high budget 3D games, but they shouldn't automatically be the same price (especially if they have less content and/or cost less to make). Like imagine if Limbo cost the same as a lesser COD game. Limbo is better than say, COD: Ghosts, I feel that's a fairly uncontroversial opinion from anyone who has played both (or just played Limbo tbh). Limbo should totally have been the cheaper game, obviously.

tbh the extra content for this game just seems like an excuse to try to justify it being 60 dollars, i dunno, you could've just sold a game for 40 bucks and it could still be treated equal to 60 dollar games while acknowledging limited expenses for a lot of people. i bet there are people who only play mario on nintendo but then would look at a cheaper zelda and finally try zelda and maybe you now have more people who will buy zelda going forward so now nintendo has more money

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

@kkslider5552000 I agree. But it's Zelda, and I know myself...

Though I do notice that I end up buying less Nintendo games because of it. I can live without a €60 Kirby or a €60 Mario Golf, even though I would've bought it day one had it been €30 or €40. Too many games to play, and their smaller games aren't really priced competitively.

Octane

DenDen

I will enyoy it annyway and for me its worth 60€
I wil play this game at least 8 times and give my self al sort of challenges.
So for me its worth the 60€

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

NintendoByNature

I don't have a huge problem with the price or a problem at all really. Its a game I can play multiple times and really enjoy it so i know I'll get my moneys worth. The dungeon maker thing is pretty neat. The only thing they could've added in was the original in black and white so people could experience the game if they never had the chance to.

NintendoByNature

Luna_110

I’m hoping to grab the dreamer’s edition, I’m a sucker for those art books.
But if not, maybe I’ll wait until Christmas to get the game, I doubt it will increase its price in these months.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

NintendoByNature

I preordered the dreamers edition. Comes out a week before my bday so i guess that's my bday gift

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Quality is subjective and largely shouldn't be the basis of pricing tbh.

Ah but what is 'popularity' other than aggregate subjective value?

Dogorilla

I don't really tend to replay games very often so as I've already played Link's Awakening DX on 3DS I won't be getting the Switch version. It does look really nice and I know it's a great game, but for me it's not worth spending £40 on a nicer-looking version of a 15-hour game I already own. I'm sure it would be worth full price if you intend to play it multiple times, but I agree Nintendo could have and probably should have sold it at a slightly lower price point.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

CurryPowderKeg79

Got mine pre ordered.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Dezzy

@Dogorilla

I've already played it twice. Except that second playthrough was over a decade ago, so I remember almost none of the details except the main story related stuff, and the ending.
It's absolutely worth buying again in my case, because it will feel relatively new.

I still think it should be £10 cheaper though.

Monkeido

While I totally agree it should have been cheaper, I still had to buy the Limited Edition. Especially because of that gorgeous steel-book, even though normally I couldn't care less about steel-books. ^^'

Monkeido

Dogorilla

@Dezzy Yeah that's fair enough. I last played it a couple of years ago so it wouldn't feel all that fresh to me if I played it again now. Maybe in a few years if I can get it for a lower price I will, but as it's a first-party game it probably won't go down in price much.

By the way, one thing I haven't seen anyone talking about really: apparently the E3 demo hinted at some sort of collectible trophies. You can see it at 0:31 in this video: https://youtu.be/M8fR05Tv_1M

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

RayLam

R.i.p LInk

RayLam

Dezzy

One of the main criticisms from the previews of this are that the framerate is all over the place.

I wonder if they'll get it up to constant 60fps for launch. You'd think they should be able to, given that they managed to get ALBW at 60fps on the 3DS, which was a rather impressive feat.

DenDen

@Dezzy agreed think that should be possible doe the best expirience.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic