Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 381 to 400 of 726

Eel

Link is positioned differently on both screenshots, which gives the illusion of being able to see more. If they changed the field of view, it was a small adjustment.

Edit: Also, some background elements have been moved around, the houses themselves seem to be closer to each other in the new pic.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Actually yeah it's just that the purple-roofed house has been moved closer to the path. Didn't notice that. Camera distance and fov are probably the same.

Also, I was looking on howlongtobeat.com and realised that this game isn't actually any shorter than the other 2D/topdown Zeldas. They're all pretty much 15 hours. I'm not sure why I remember this as being short but don't remember LttP as being short.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

shadow-wolf

Dezzy wrote:

shadow-wolf wrote:

I get that a lot of people are saying not to complain about the $60 price tag ... but honestly, it would make me so much happier if they could just let us share and play dungeons we make online with both friends and random people.

I just assumed you could. What's the point of this otherwise? I don't wanna play my own dungeon.

A really cool idea is to have some kind of special item available if you complete 3 other people's dungeons, or something like that. Cool way of making user-creations add to the main game itself.

@Dezzy I hope what you expected is true. IIRC they never explicitly said your own creations could be shared with others over online, and it sounded like they were advertising the Creator Dungeons as a way to remix the original dungeons for yourself ... which like you I think is kinda boring.

I’d love to be proven wrong though.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Octane

@Dezzy @Morpheel That is weird. They changed the layout of the grass and the path connecting the house as well. The first trailer was almost a one-to-one copy of the original game:

Untitled

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

It's a nice novelty when they do that, as a kind of nod to the original design (as if they're saying it was so good that we don't need to change anything, even though we have so much more advanced tech now).
But I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

BougieBeetle

iKhan wrote:

BougieBeetle wrote:

And I'll always love my boy Moosh. I know people say Dmitri is better, but c'mon, he's a flying blue bear.

@BougieBeetle

Ima let u finish, but Ricky is by far the best animal companion

I mean, I know he's a boxing kangaroo, and obviously that's rad as hell. Obviously. But Moosh can fly, man.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

iKhan

Octane wrote:

That is weird. They changed the layout of the grass and the path connecting the house as well. The first trailer was almost a one-to-one copy of the original game:

Untitled

Literally unplayable

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Octane

@iKhan Should I start an online petition?

Octane

iKhan

Octane wrote:

Should I start an online petition?

Petition? This is an absolute outrage, we need to start an entire movement like Operation Rainfall.

I propose Operation Lawnmower

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shadow-wolf

Does anyone know if it has ever been mentioned (either online or in the Treehouse gameplay streams) whether the chamber dungeons can be shared with others over the internet or not?

shadow-wolf

Grumblevolcano

@shadow-wolf It hasn't been mentioned yet but could be an announcement for later on.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tyranexx

For Oracle companions/mounts: Dimitri > Ricky > Moosh. I like all three, but I always found Moosh's controls to be a bit clunky. Dimitri is adorable, and I may have a preference for cute monster lizards. 😉

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Dimitri>Mosh>Ricky for me

Learned to like Mosh since he’s the default permanent animal friend in Ages and his flutter is definitely useful at times, but Dimitri is easily the coolest one, even if his usability is rather limited.

Ricky, well, I guess I am biased since I played Ages first, and Ricky is not Dimitri... Soo...

Bloop.

Dezzy

I wonder if the fact that it's being made by Grezzo will make the Oracle games more likely?
They are essentially a port/remaster developer after all. Whereas if it was done in-house by Nintendo, they might be more likely to want staff to move onto something original next.

BougieBeetle

I think Dmitri can do some interesting sequence breaks since you can swim early with him, so in that sense he would be more efficient than the others.

But how can you top a flying blue bear, folks? You can't do it.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Eel

At most he gets you to one or two gasha seed spots earlier, I think.

Labrynna is quite well barred off, so Dimitri can't really do anything meaningful besides give you an early tour of the sea.

And Holodrum doesn't even have any major body of water to explore.

Bloop.

Tyranexx

I started with Ages (received a used GBC cart as a gift several years ago) and then did the full game sequence on the 3DS VC, rings and all. I ended up with Dimitri as my initial partner each time. I've always been a rupee collecting fiend. =3

I prefer Oracle of Ages overall, but both games are decent in their own right.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

iKhan

Dezzy wrote:

I wonder if the fact that it's being made by Grezzo will make the Oracle games more likely?
They are essentially a port/remaster developer after all. Whereas if it was done in-house by Nintendo, they might be more likely to want staff to move onto something original next.

I agree. It might be a few years like what happened with Majora's Mask, but given that they have a lot of the assets, I think it's fairly likely that Nintendo will ask them to fill in a Zelda gap year with the Oracle games.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic