Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 381 to 400 of 718

NintendoByNature

I'd love the Oracle games being remade with links awakening artstyle myself. But id love a remake of the original loz in this Art style just as much

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@NintendoByNature

I'd love a remake of the original as long as they updated it a lot. More to do in the world, more interesting dungeons etc.
The original just hasn't aged anywhere near as well as everything that came after LttP.

Morpheel wrote:

I'd love to have them both on the same cartridge.

But I would absolutely give them my money for Ages alone.

That would actually justify the $60

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy I hear you on that one. I think they could easily impliment some QOL improvements to make the game more modern aside from graphics.

NintendoByNature

BougieBeetle

@iKhan Totally, I love the complexity the Oracle games added! And I'll always love my boy Moosh. I know people say Dmitri is better, but c'mon, he's a flying blue bear.

Complexity can be a double-edged sword, of course. There are certain parts in the Oracle games where the warping between time periods/seasons or the dungeon layouts are verging on too much to keep straight. The mermaid dungeon sticks out in my mind in this regard.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

iKhan

BougieBeetle wrote:

And I'll always love my boy Moosh. I know people say Dmitri is better, but c'mon, he's a flying blue bear.

@BougieBeetle

Ima let u finish, but Ricky is by far the best animal companion

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

CurryPowderKeg79

This is officially my most anticipated game of the year. I've already pre ordered 2 copies of the Dreamer Edition and 2 of the amiibo's. One of each to use and on set to collect.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
BORDERLANDS 2: GAME OF THE YEAR (PC)
NI NO KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH (SWITCH)
(JUST BEAT)
EVOLAND(SWITCH) 2.8 HRS
DOOM 3 (SWITCH) 9+HRS
DRAGON QUEST XI S (SWITCH) 80+HRS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

NintendoByNature

@BacklogBlues since it's reveal it's been my most anticipated game for the year. 2. is astral chain and 3. is luigis mansion 3. I seriously cant wait to get my hands on it. I NEVER buy special edtions but I got the dreamers edition preordered. That's how excited i am!

NintendoByNature

CurryPowderKeg79

Yea i don't but special editions either @NintendoByNature but this site claims it's a limited edition. I asked a writer of one of the articles about Link's Awakening Limited Edition if this was true or not. But i never got a response, so i really don't know if it's a special edition or a limited edition like stated on this site.

If anybody reading this knows the answer to what type of edition the dreamer edition is (Limited or Special) it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
BORDERLANDS 2: GAME OF THE YEAR (PC)
NI NO KUNI: WRATH OF THE WHITE WITCH (SWITCH)
(JUST BEAT)
EVOLAND(SWITCH) 2.8 HRS
DOOM 3 (SWITCH) 9+HRS
DRAGON QUEST XI S (SWITCH) 80+HRS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Dezzy

Aha well now we know what Grezzo is doing. They're the ones making THIS. Lol they're basically the Zelda remake studio.

Edited on by Dezzy

iKhan

That's a pretty ambitious remake for Grezzo. I'm impressed

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Tyranexx

I've also pre-ordered the Dreamer Edition. I almost NEVER preorder, but I wanted the game AND art book. XD

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Dezzy

Oh so part of the reason I started to like the art style more is not just my brain growing more accustomed to it, it's just that they made some minor adjustments between trailers.
Top picture is the first trailer, bottom is the E3 footage.

They changed the grass texture so it's slightly darker, more detailed and now has specular highlights (bottom right on the picture). It's also closer to the colour of the cuttable grass models on the left (it bugged me originally how those were such different colours, that made no sense).
It also looks like the camera is slightly zoomed out in the newer footage, meaning you can see more on screen. It does look like a lower FOV as well.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

StableInvadeel

Link is positioned differently on both screenshots, which gives the illusion of being able to see more. If they changed the field of view, it was a small adjustment.

Edit: Also, some background elements have been moved around, the houses themselves seem to be closer to each other in the new pic.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Actually yeah it's just that the purple-roofed house has been moved closer to the path. Didn't notice that. Camera distance and fov are probably the same.

Also, I was looking on howlongtobeat.com and realised that this game isn't actually any shorter than the other 2D/topdown Zeldas. They're all pretty much 15 hours. I'm not sure why I remember this as being short but don't remember LttP as being short.

Edited on by Dezzy

shadow-wolf

Dezzy wrote:

shadow-wolf wrote:

I get that a lot of people are saying not to complain about the $60 price tag ... but honestly, it would make me so much happier if they could just let us share and play dungeons we make online with both friends and random people.

I just assumed you could. What's the point of this otherwise? I don't wanna play my own dungeon.

A really cool idea is to have some kind of special item available if you complete 3 other people's dungeons, or something like that. Cool way of making user-creations add to the main game itself.

@Dezzy I hope what you expected is true. IIRC they never explicitly said your own creations could be shared with others over online, and it sounded like they were advertising the Creator Dungeons as a way to remix the original dungeons for yourself ... which like you I think is kinda boring.

I’d love to be proven wrong though.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Octane

@Dezzy @Morpheel That is weird. They changed the layout of the grass and the path connecting the house as well. The first trailer was almost a one-to-one copy of the original game:

Untitled

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

It's a nice novelty when they do that, as a kind of nod to the original design (as if they're saying it was so good that we don't need to change anything, even though we have so much more advanced tech now).
But I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it.

BougieBeetle

iKhan wrote:

BougieBeetle wrote:

And I'll always love my boy Moosh. I know people say Dmitri is better, but c'mon, he's a flying blue bear.

@BougieBeetle

Ima let u finish, but Ricky is by far the best animal companion

I mean, I know he's a boxing kangaroo, and obviously that's rad as hell. Obviously. But Moosh can fly, man.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic