Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 361 to 380 of 726

Arbor

@shadow-wolf i’m pretty sure that during the treehouse they mentioned that you can play friends’ dungeons, but they didn’t explicitly mention online play, so ¯(ツ)

Arbor

Grumblevolcano

It'll probably be like Super Mario Maker 2 and Smash Ultimate where you need NSO to share dungeons.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shadow-wolf

@Arbor I hope you’re right, cause from the Treehouse when they said “friends can play your dungeons” I thought they literally meant “if your friend is in the same room, your friend can take your controller and try to see if they can beat it faster”. Hopefully it’s more detailed than I thought they said.

@Grumblevolcano I hope you’re right. Adding the ability to share dungeons with other friends and random people over NSO would make the game so much more appealing. As of now it’s like if SMM was made but they didn’t have any way to share the stages besides if a friend who was in the same room wanted to try it out.

shadow-wolf

Dezzy

shadow-wolf wrote:

I get that a lot of people are saying not to complain about the $60 price tag ... but honestly, it would make me so much happier if they could just let us share and play dungeons we make online with both friends and random people.

I just assumed you could. What's the point of this otherwise? I don't wanna play my own dungeon.

A really cool idea is to have some kind of special item available if you complete 3 other people's dungeons, or something like that. Cool way of making user-creations add to the main game itself.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Luna_110

@Dezzy
I'd love to see a remake of the Oracle games using this engine. I agree they perfected both the exploring and adventure aspects.
They wouldn't be a bad option to pad out the release schedule in the future if Nintendo needs to.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Eel

I'd love to have them both on the same cartridge.

But I would absolutely give them my money for Ages alone.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

I'd love the Oracle games being remade with links awakening artstyle myself. But id love a remake of the original loz in this Art style just as much

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@NintendoByNature

I'd love a remake of the original as long as they updated it a lot. More to do in the world, more interesting dungeons etc.
The original just hasn't aged anywhere near as well as everything that came after LttP.

Morpheel wrote:

I'd love to have them both on the same cartridge.

But I would absolutely give them my money for Ages alone.

That would actually justify the $60

Edited on by Dezzy

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy I hear you on that one. I think they could easily impliment some QOL improvements to make the game more modern aside from graphics.

NintendoByNature

BougieBeetle

@iKhan Totally, I love the complexity the Oracle games added! And I'll always love my boy Moosh. I know people say Dmitri is better, but c'mon, he's a flying blue bear.

Complexity can be a double-edged sword, of course. There are certain parts in the Oracle games where the warping between time periods/seasons or the dungeon layouts are verging on too much to keep straight. The mermaid dungeon sticks out in my mind in this regard.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

iKhan

BougieBeetle wrote:

And I'll always love my boy Moosh. I know people say Dmitri is better, but c'mon, he's a flying blue bear.

@BougieBeetle

Ima let u finish, but Ricky is by far the best animal companion

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CurryPowderKeg79

This is officially my most anticipated game of the year. I've already pre ordered 2 copies of the Dreamer Edition and 2 of the amiibo's. One of each to use and on set to collect.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

NintendoByNature

@BacklogBlues since it's reveal it's been my most anticipated game for the year. 2. is astral chain and 3. is luigis mansion 3. I seriously cant wait to get my hands on it. I NEVER buy special edtions but I got the dreamers edition preordered. That's how excited i am!

NintendoByNature

CurryPowderKeg79

Yea i don't but special editions either @NintendoByNature but this site claims it's a limited edition. I asked a writer of one of the articles about Link's Awakening Limited Edition if this was true or not. But i never got a response, so i really don't know if it's a special edition or a limited edition like stated on this site.

If anybody reading this knows the answer to what type of edition the dreamer edition is (Limited or Special) it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Dezzy

Aha well now we know what Grezzo is doing. They're the ones making THIS. Lol they're basically the Zelda remake studio.

Edited on by Dezzy

iKhan

That's a pretty ambitious remake for Grezzo. I'm impressed

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Tyranexx

I've also pre-ordered the Dreamer Edition. I almost NEVER preorder, but I wanted the game AND art book. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

Oh so part of the reason I started to like the art style more is not just my brain growing more accustomed to it, it's just that they made some minor adjustments between trailers.
Top picture is the first trailer, bottom is the E3 footage.

They changed the grass texture so it's slightly darker, more detailed and now has specular highlights (bottom right on the picture). It's also closer to the colour of the cuttable grass models on the left (it bugged me originally how those were such different colours, that made no sense).
It also looks like the camera is slightly zoomed out in the newer footage, meaning you can see more on screen. It does look like a lower FOV as well.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic