Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 341 to 360 of 726

redd214

Got 2 Amiibo and 2 Dreamer editions preordered! The European edition is so much better though definitely a bit jealous but all good. Can't wait to play this!

redd214

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy I doubt we'll get 20 hours out of it, unless they added significantly more content.

Yeah I couldn't remember how long it was. Howlongtobeat.com says 15 hours.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@mjtaylor76 I ordered it all on Amazon US but seems to be sold out already. I'm sure you can find one somewhere else but you better be quick!!

redd214

mjtaylor76

@redd214 I'm in the UK. I'm sure it will be up over here soon. Hopefully!

mjtaylor76

BougieBeetle

I don't do special editions personally, I'm just so stoked for this game. I know people have been saying this since it was announced, but I REALLY hope they take this artstyle and engine to do remasters of the Oracle games as well!

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

iKhan

BougieBeetle wrote:

I don't do special editions personally, I'm just so stoked for this game. I know people have been saying this since it was announced, but I REALLY hope they take this artstyle and engine to do remasters of the Oracle games as well!

Yeah, I might sit on this one and pick up a remastered Oracle of Ages if it comes out in the future. That's by far my favorite 2D Zelda. I'm really not big on 2D Zelda combat, so Ages' puzzle focus is a big plus for me.

Nothing against Link's Awakening, but it definitely hasn't aged as well as the Oracle games gameplay wise.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

BougieBeetle

@iKhan I think Link's Awakening has the best atmosphere and charm, but I agree that Ages has some really inventive and difficult puzzle sequences! I'd be interested to see what kind of interesting connection gimmicks they could come up with to improve the byzantine password system too.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

TuVictus

Definitely would not mind more remakes of the older 2D sprite-based games. I think this art style sorta fits the whimsy of many of them.

TuVictus

Tyranexx

I'd like to see both Oracle games eventually remade as well. I slightly prefer Link's Awakening over them, but they're also more than worth playing. Ages is my favorite of the two.

BougieBeetle wrote:

I'd be interested to see what kind of interesting connection gimmicks they could come up with to improve the byzantine password system too.

Same. Oracle of Ages/Seasons had one of the craziest password systems that I've ever used.

At least until I played both GBA Golden Sun games on the Wii U VC.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Dezzy

Somehow I've started to love the art style for this game. Originally I hated it. Not sure how an opinion just changes like that.
Damn inconsistent brain.

iKhan

BougieBeetle wrote:

I think Link's Awakening has the best atmosphere and charm, but I agree that Ages has some really inventive and difficult puzzle sequences! I'd be interested to see what kind of interesting connection gimmicks they could come up with to improve the byzantine password system too.

@BougieBeetle I get that people really love the atmosphere and charm of Link's Awakening, but I feel that the Oracle games really fleshed out the exploration and collectibles. The animal partners, the Gasha seeds, and then a pretty expansive world full of different races, it really felt like a 3D game translated back into 2D (which they kind of were since they came out after OoT). I also feel like people sleep on the story in Ages, there are some really great moments like stumbling upon Symmetry City in ruins.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Tyranexx

@DarthNocturnal To be fair, I didn't HAVE to use the gold password, but I also wanted to import pretty much everything. I spent two hours of my life retyping and correcting that monstrosity. XD

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Henmii

I love the artstyle, and really hope they use it someday for a totally new topdown Zelda (with new overworld). Very strange though that this doesn't have the fluid walking motion from, lets say, Albw. The walking is more like the original Links awakening, according to this site. But I guess it won't bother me to much!

Henmii

Dezzy

iKhan wrote:

@BougieBeetle I get that people really love the atmosphere and charm of Link's Awakening, but I feel that the Oracle games really fleshed out the exploration and collectibles. The animal partners, the Gasha seeds, and then a pretty expansive world full of different races,

I bet the Oracle games are coming next if this sells well. Makes sense for them to reuse the engine and assets, like Grezzo did with the Ocarina 3D->Majoras 3D games.

I hope they are, because I didn't finish either of them on the gbc.

Edited on by Dezzy

shadow-wolf

I get that a lot of people are saying not to complain about the $60 price tag ... but honestly, it would make me so much happier if they could just let us share and play dungeons we make online with both friends and random people. That’s it. That alone would justify the $60. Hopefully they would add it, I’m not too certain though since they never mentioned any online connectivity but since it’s not coming out until late September I hope there will be a surprise in store.

shadow-wolf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic