Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 301 to 320 of 726

zidentia

I have to now say that I am starting to like the graphics, I have seen some more footage and after comparing the original and the new version I have decided to order it when it comes out. It does look like a really fun game. I hope they come out with more Zelda games.

zidentia

Arbor

anyone else think we will get a release date for this during e3? i certainly hope so.

Arbor

NintendoByNature

I really think so. And not only because I hope so. Let's be real, if it's releasing this year still, they'll at least give us a month itll release in. I just hope it's not delayed with such a crowded 2nd half

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

If not an exact date, I'm sure we'll at least get a ballpark estimate.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

DTMOF84

Yeah I think we’ll get some solid info on it.

🇺🇸
☕️
🤘🏻

Dezzy

Arbor wrote:

anyone else think we will get a release date for this during e3? i certainly hope so.

It said 2019, and it's a fairly simple game (so they should be able to predict the dev cycle easily enough).
So yes. I predict November/December.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NintendoByNature

Pokemon being released in November, and I oerosnally believe luigis mansion will be an October release, wonder where that leaves links awakening. September or December I suppose.

Of course that hinges on Animal Crossing. Not sure when that would be ideal to release..

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Arbor

@nintendobynature if that was the case, i think animal crossing in september and zelda in december is more likely. zelda is more popular and would generate more holiday sales

Arbor

HobbitGamer

I'd guess it would be September, so as not to push out a possible Luigi sale in October. They'd do better to sell AC during the holidays, I'd imagine. It's kind of a good late summer game, really. The rest of this year is bonkers:

June - Super Mario Maker 2: Reality State Development
July - Fire Emblem: Three Roofs Are On Fire
August - Astral Chaingang
September - Link's ReAwakening: Super Dreaming (?)
October - Luigi's Mansion The Third; Full House Edition
November - Pokeymans: Let Me Show You Them
December - Animal Crossing: The Subprime Story

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

kkslider5552000

[quote=Arbor]zelda is more popular and would generate more holiday sales[/quote
I actually don't agree. Both Wild World and New Leaf sold better than most if not all Zelda games, quite frankly. And I doubt Link's Awakening will sell close to as well as BOTW.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

@Arbor Animal Crossing on Switch will likely sell upwards of 12 million copies, so, no, with all due respect, Nintendo would be stupid to prioritize Link's Awakening over it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Arbor

@Ralizah damn, i had no idea animal crossing was so popular. my bad, then. i thought it was just a cult classic, and zelda is a leading IP of nintendo, but i guess animal crossing is now too.

i guess it’s also different because link’s awakening is a remake/remaster/whatever and not a brand new entry.

Edited on by Arbor

Arbor

Tyranexx

I wouldn't mind a September release date. A certain bday occurs that month and would make this an awesome gift.

HobbitGamer wrote:

June - Super Mario Maker 2: Reality State Development
July - Fire Emblem: Three Roofs Are On Fire
August - Astral Chaingang
September - Link's ReAwakening: Super Dreaming (?)
October - Luigi's Mansion The Third; Full House Edition
November - Pokeymans: Let Me Show You Them
December - Animal Crossing: The Subprime Story

This is one of the reasons why I hope you stick around. 😂🤣

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Grumblevolcano

I also think Animal Crossing in September and Link's Awakening in December. My thinking is because of NSO (first wave of 12 month subscriptions expire in September, try to keep them subscribed especially if SNES isn't released by then), hardware (Switch Mini launching in November would interfere with Black Friday sales so launching with Animal Crossing in September would make more sense if not released earlier) and the impact of a Link's Awakening delay just to make early 2020 less barren would be much less than if Animal Crossing was delayed for the same reason.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

If I can wish, which I can, it'll be a September release for links awakening. It's also my birthday month @Tyranexx

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@Arbor Console AC games only seem to do 2 - 4 million, but the portable ones on DS/3DS got huge. It's probably due to the very "pick-up-and-play" nature of the gameplay: they're not games meant to be played in hours long bursts, but, instead, engage you for 30 minutes to an hour or so every single day. So my prediction is proceeding off the assumption that AC on Switch sells like a handheld AC game. I think it's a safe assumption, looking at how sales tend to pan out for Switch vs 3DS/DS games in the same series. In Japan, for example, Smash Ultimate sold much more like Smash 3DS than Smash Wii U. I think the same will hold true over here as well, especially considering how hot the hardware is.

It's also worth noting that, while BotW's sales have been pretty incredible, it has reversed a trend of broadly declining sales of games in the series since Ocarina of Time. That seems to be a theme with the Switch in general, I've noticed: a complete reversal in Nintendo's slow but steady slide into irrelevance. Happened with the hardware, and it's also happening with the sales of their games. Xenoblade 2 is the best-selling entry in the series. Mario Odyssey and BotW have both sold INCREDIBLY well so far. Smash Ultimate will easily be the best-selling entry in the series.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

My Guess.

September: Link's Awakening, Daemon X Machina.
October: Luigi's Mansion 3.
Novdmber: Pokemon S/S, DQXIS (Nintendo self publishes DQ games on their platforms).
December: Animal Crossing

So, a pretty full Autumn, though there's always the chance they could squeeze in a Wii U port or new smaller budget game in one of the months with only one game, as they've had plenty of two game months before (BotW + 12Switch Mar '17, SMO + FE Warriors Oct '17, Bayonetta 1&2 + DQB Feb '18, LABO kits 01 + 02 Apr '18, Hyrule Warriors + DKCTF May '18, Mario Tennis + Sushi Striker June '18, Octopath Traveller + Captain Toad + Go Vacation July '18, Torna + LABO kit 03 Sept '18, NSMBU + Fitness Boxing Jan '19, Mario Maker 2 + DQB2 June '19, FE: TH + MUA3 July '19).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Arbor

@Ralizah i hear ya. i think a september release would be great, it’s also my birthday month (as it is for apparently everyone here haha), i just had a different impression of AC popularity.

Arbor

Arbor

@Grumblevolcano what you said about NSO made me think that they might release an online, four-swords type game mode for link’s awakening, if it does indeed come out in september. that’d be motivation for at least some people to re-subscribe.

Arbor

rallydefault

I was originally thinking this would be a SURPRISE! It's coming out... TOMORROW! kinda thing at E3. I mean, that would be really awesome just for pure hype factor.

But when you step back and rationally look at the release calendar, it would be stupid. Mario Maker 2 this month, Fire Emblem next... those are both massive games. They don't need this until August at the earliest.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic