Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Posts 281 to 300 of 726

PCkid

@EvilLucario

I don't like laziness and I really see the remake of Link's awakening this way.
I understand the people who like it but it's not my cup of tea at all.

PCkid

EvilLucario

@PCkid Lazy would be directly adopting Link Between Worlds/Triforce Heroes' artstyles. Going back to examine the world of Link's Awakening and the artstyle of the original game to mold the artstyle to what it is now isn't exactly what I would call "lazy".

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

jump

PCkid wrote:

EvilLucario

I don't like laziness and I really see the remake of Link's awakening this way.
I understand the people who like it but it's not my cup of tea at all.

How is this a lazy remake?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@jump It took Miyamoto 26 years. I bet he was munching doritos while sitting on his lazy arse typing bits of code. Took him long enough!

Octane

PCkid

@EvilLucario @jump

When I say lazy, I mean : " when you are Nintendo and you have to remake a legendary title like this one, it's almost a shame to bring that result."

Games like Oceanhorn 1 and 2 are made by only 6 guys and can be even more impressive than Link's awakening remake/remastered.

PCkid

PCkid

@nintendobynature

They talk about 2019 but there is no official and precise release date yet.

PCkid

Zidentia

I will reiterate I am not a huge fan of this style of rendering especially with the characters but I am giving it time to grow on me. The real issue for me most likely is I fell out of favor playing Zelda games and I was more of a Dragon warrior/quest fan when we look at this particular genre. We have made this style over the years and I see where Nintendo is trying to maximize the visuals of the game world by exaggerating Link and the NPC's because if they were more proportionate it would difficult to articulate from a tops down. I will probably order this though.

I think what people have to really do is quit perceiving this as a "remaster" or add on type of game. The work required to create the game with new graphics(although I have seen this renderer in other Nintendo projects so likely they built on an existing code base) and work out the world parameters makes this a new game. It does not matter if the "story" is previously used. All stories are old, just the individual details are changed.A "remaster" is like a Streets of Rage reissue with improved sound and a better save option. The developers are taking an existing completed game and fine tuning it for todays hardware.

Zidentia

Jimez

The question is, will this include the extra stuff the DX version had. Or is this the standard Link's Awakening, and they'll sell us the DX update separate.

Jimez

TuVictus

I'd be extremely disappointed if Nintendo did that. My assumption is that it'll at the very least be a 1:1 remake of the DX game. Anything less seems ridiculous, especially if they're gonna charge full price, which they most likely will.

TuVictus

Namco

@PikPi No everything will be DLC and this is how it's gonna be:

You can no longer find rupees in the overworld! The trailer wasn't lying! You have to buy them from the shop with real money:

10 Rupees = 4.99 dollars
25 Rupees = 11.99 dollars
100 Rupees = 44.99 dollars (such a good deal! you get some free Rupees!)

The ingame shop will offer the following:

• 50 Rupees to make the text go faster
  • 100 Rupees to get an additional weapon slot (they didn't fix the constant switching between menus)
  • 200 Rupees to unlock the Deluxe DLC (this is also how you get color, the basegame is monochrome)
  • 500 Rupees to instantly skip to the final boss

I wasn't kidding when I said pay!!! - shopkeeper

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

LadyCharlie

the DX version only had one extra dungeon, one extra piece of armor (that you could choose from two), and a few extra owl statutes in dungeons.
the extra dungeon wasn't even that fun.

Edited on by LadyCharlie

LadyCharlie

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933

NintendoByNature

I do love the blue tunic. Especially in the original on the nes, it really stands out.

NintendoByNature

LadyCharlie

@DarthNocturnal same. plus when you have the red tunic, your sword makes the enemies go all explodey.

LadyCharlie

RR529

That's exactly right, red is better than blue.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

Real Zeldas are green.

Octane

LadyCharlie

Octane wrote:

Real Zeldas are green.

especially true, considering the original game boy had a black and green screen.

LadyCharlie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic