Forums

Topic: L.A. Noire - OT

Posts 381 to 400 of 459

Roamer

I didn’t even know about the b/w option! Was that in the original version? I played through that! Will have to try it now.

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

NaviAndMii

Plaid_unicorn wrote:

Anyone else notice the ps4 trophies are in game? They pop up just like a PlayStation trophy would but no way to check the progress. I think switch achievements/trophies might be pretty close to happening.

Interesting! I don't suppose you have a screenshot of one popping up do you?

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Hughesy

Roamer wrote:

I didn’t even know about the b/w option! Was that in the original version? I played through that! Will have to try it now.

It was.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Spoony_Tech

I'm trying to figure out how Metacritic has this as a 79 score with these scores.

90, 88, 83, 82, 80, 80, 70, and 70. By my math it's an 80.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@Spoony_Tech ''When selecting our source publications, we noticed that some critics consistently write better (more detailed, more insightful, more articulate) reviews than others. In addition, some critics and/or publications typically have more prestige and respect in their industry than others. To reflect these factors, we have assigned weights to each publication (and, in the case of movies and television, to individual critics as well), thus making some publications count more in the METASCORE calculations than others.''

Octane

Spoony_Tech

So I guess one of those higher scores carry less weight. Why even include them at all if you're not going to score properly??

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@Spoony_Tech I just wrote an article on this.

They give waiting to scores from certain publications with no disclosure, don't apply context to said scores (So where a 7 can be "Okay" for one site its "Great" for another etc.) and on top of that:

*WHY THE ACTUAL HELL is HALF of the scale assigned to bad and below, 25% assigned to average (Which actually 50-75% which is ABOVE average) and 25% assigned to good and above. That's so unevenly weighted!

Its not like the good games need to be some super special club ffs. If it's good, it'll hit those high scores regardless. Metacritic is a damn waste, it's why the 7/10 minimum became a thing, and it sucks more that developer bonuses are tied to scores. Like sure, that artist can do the best work of their damn life but if the programming is bad from that department and the scores suffer, the artist wont get a bonus despite doing amazing work.

This industry man. Gives no craps about employees.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

jump

In response to the other closed thread, it's now in the eshop charts. As pointed out at the time, the chart was for the total of the previous two weeks and the game wasn't even out for 24 hour plus it's wasn't that big of a release in the first place.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Qwertyninty

Well I will get this next week to support it. Hope it does well. I’m not a big fan of rockstar games personally. I think GTA would be good to come because it should easily be a million if not million+ seller on switch. I just personally don’t like their games. If anything I would prefer bully over anything else.

Qwertyninty

JaxonH

@Qwertyninty
Have you played this game before? You might like it. It's definitely not your standard AAA fare. This is like the ultimate Ace Attorney AAA game. I love how different it is.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

carlos82

Having so much fun with this game, I played a bit on PS3 but never finished and already how can see from the few I played before how differently these cases can play out depending on how you investigate each case. My guilty pleasure is watching Columbo so this is probably the closest I'll ever get in game form. I've turned off all the assists regarding finding clues and now sinking my teeth into some great cases. This game is much better then I remember

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Soroush2023

have l.a. noire city country roads same mafia 1 ? I love driving on country roads ,

Soroush2023

Twitter:

Gilgamesh

I am new i purchased switch last month
Just a Memory card question:

I am buying L.A Noire for Switch next week game need 14gb free space to download game or patch
I have little space left on my switch and No Microsd card.

I want to buy a 128gb Microsd Card but cant aford it right now
So i buy a 64gb Microsd card in November and a 128gb card in late desember.

Now this is what i want to do install La Noire on 64gb in november, then in desember buy 128gb card and reinstall the game 14gb there and use the 64gb on a mobile for my music after i formated it again.

How can i do this?
When i get the 128gb can i just archive the game La Noire and then the 14gb on 64gb microsd card erases, then pop out 64gb card and put in 128gb card, then click redownload on Lanoire game icon
that was archived and it redownload game to the new Microsd card, game that was previous installed on the other Microsd card.

this is what i need, i need more space, so need game first on 64gb card then upgrade to a 128gb card.
i wish to have this 64gb card also since i want to use it for mobile music later on so comes in handy.

Btw, Is indie games buyed on switch eshop tied to the Microsd card i install them on
I could archive all indie games i purchased or/and demos and then redownload them on 64gb microsd card
then archive games again when i get 128gb microsd card, can i then redownload my indie games back to new 128gb microsd card, or are they once downloaded on a microsd card tied to that card, i mean if i archive them they should remove from that sdcard so i can download them again on new sdcard.?

Think of it this way if your Microsd card broke , you should be able to redownload game purchased on eshop
and in this case redownload 14gb La Noire onto a new microsd card.

Edited on by Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

kobashi100

You can redownload all software. On 3DS you could just copy data from one SD card to the other so no need to redownload. Not sure that's the same with switch.

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

Gilgamesh

Found this
https://www.gamingboulevard.com/2017/07/guide-how-to-upgrade-...

If i click archive game , game should be gone from Microsd card and can be redownloaded unto the new
Im fine with that, as long as it let me and that game is not Tied to the first microsd card you install it on.
I only have and only will use one Switch , but will have by desember two Microsd card and will have to move most game i install on the first 64gb card to the new 128gb, then i hope games is not tied to microsd card

Edited on by Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

kobashi100

Gilgamesh wrote:

Found this
https://www.gamingboulevard.com/2017/07/guide-how-to-upgrade-...

If i click archive game , game should be gone from Microsd card and can be redownloaded unto the new
Im fine with that, as long as it let me and that game is not Tied to the first microsd card you install it on.
I only have and only will use one Switch , but will have by desember two Microsd card and will have to move most game i install on the first 64gb card to the new 128gb, then i hope games is not tied to microsd card

They would never tie the games to micro SD. I wouldn't worry at all

kobashi100

Gilgamesh

Thanks, I hope 14gb La noire patch update is not tied to micro sd either

Gilgamesh

carlos82

@Gilgamesh nothing is tied to the SD card, in fact you can download the games to as many as you wish. You don't even have to archive the software, when you remove the card a cloud icon automatically appears on all the missing games meaning you just need to click on it to download to the internal storage or a new card

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Sorry, this topic has been locked.