Forums

Topic: L.A. Noire - OT

Posts 341 to 360 of 459

Spoony_Tech

@RagManX Back the train up lol. I didn't think he was saying the whole game is on there. As a matter of fact I'm certain you will only get so far then it will require you to dl the rest. Who can say if that's half way through more or less. I have no doubt half the game is being dl'ed for a good reason.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JaxonH

@RagManX
Ya. The entire game isn't on the cart. There is indeed a 12-13gb download.

But you don't need the download to play what's on the cart. It's not like it's a required download where the cart doesn't work without it. It's not required. It is, however, the other half of the game. So if you want the full game you bought you'll probably want to download the update.

BUT. The game is playable from the cart without any update. And not just a little bit either- like it was mentioned earlier the entire open world is on the cart and half of the case files (meaning the other half are in the download). Not a perfect situation, but a far cry from a worthless cartridge that won't play without an update

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Wow. Just wow.

This game is incredible on Switch. I'm tempted to say it's the best port on the entire system to date.

It's like having the Xbox One or PS4 version in the palm of your hand. Only with a crap ton of extra features those versions didn't get, and 3 different versions of the game.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I've encountered some slow down but at a point where it really didn't matter. The game isn't to taxing like Doom is so a little slow down won't kill the mode. Other then that it's been a fun ride.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DizzyDee81

Playing this game again brings me back to my PS3 days, when I could play games as much as I wanted... so glad to have it again and I’ll n handheld mode. I never got to finish the game so now I have no excuse. The game runs fine for me, not noticing any lag, I did see a truck just disappear into thin air, but that was in a cutscene. I noticed the stuff in the distance is a bit blurry, but that doesn’t bother me at all because the close ups are sharp.

Pitifully predictable, Correctly political

RasandeRose

Never played the game before, but it seems to be a decent port. Its not a great performance-game, it seems to run at 25-30 fps. Controls are on the sluggish side, with too big aiming-dead zone... and LA is not thrilling with life. But the cases are very exciting, so is the characters. I like it. Gonna play it a lot the upcoming days, and hope to be done with the main story before Skyrim the day after tomorrow.

Edited on by RasandeRose

RasandeRose

Gilgamesh

Can La Noire physical cardige version be played without microsd?
I dont have a microsd card i want to buy a 128gb card but they cost 80 euro
like 100 dollar here on online shop, unless i import it from another country.

I mean I put in La noire physical cardige in switch
click 14gb download patch, then pause download, then click start game
the only thing i not sure about if i need 14gb free space to do this
not sure if i can start the game without click on download patch
and if i do if i must have 14gb free, and if i pause download if only some 100kb download
and i dont have to free 14gb that way...

I havent got La noire yet so can anyone try it

Edited on by Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Hughesy

RasandeRose wrote:

Never played the game before, but it seems to be a decent port. Its not a great performance-game, it seems to run at 25-30 fps. Controls are on the sluggish side, with too big aiming-dead zone... and LA is not thrilling with life. But the cases are very exciting, so is the characters. I like it. Gonna play it a lot the upcoming days, and hope to be done with the main story before Skyrim the day after tomorrow.

It plays exactly the same as all other platforms, so that’s not a Switch port issue. The game is 30fps because the facial features were filmed at 30fps, because they use actual faces. The cars are old, that’s how bad they actually are. The aiming has always been pretty terrible though.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Hughesy

Gilgamesh wrote:

and if i do if i must have 14gb free, and if i pause download if only some 100kb download

I’m not quite sure what you are asking. You need 14gb of free space, if you don’t download it then you won’t be able to play all of the game.

SKTTR

@Gilgamesh, you can play a huge chunk of the game without the download.
And as long as you have 13,1GB of free space on your Switch's internal memory you don't even need a microSD card to play the full game.

Of course it's recommended to download the 13,1GB if not for the rest of the game then at least for the patch that fixes the irritating out-of-sync issue of the vanilla version.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Gilgamesh

So i can start to play the begining of the game this month
and buy microsd card next month
i might just grab a 32 gb card temporary for this game
they cheap
Is this card good enough for La Noir ?
https://i.imgur.com/KoA7zm6.jpg

Hughesy wrote:

Gilgamesh wrote:

I’m not quite sure what you are asking. You need 14gb of free space, if you don’t download it then you won’t be able to play all of the game.

Edited on by Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

bellow

Played a couple of early missions on the Switch. It still makes me laugh when Phelps goes off on one completely out of the blue. But the HD rumble has completely fixed my only real gripe with game, about how you basically had to rub phelps against things to get a clue notification on the ps3. Much better now, although it's still a B game for me, so with the Switch it becomes a nice, quality handheld title, if that makes sense.

bellow

Gilgamesh

Thanks, Had me worry since back of the game cover say 14 Gb required download to play the game
but if i can start the game without download and wait with the patch then im happy
unfortunaly i have little gb left on the internal memory but i can erase some demos
until i get the microsd card

SKTTR wrote:

@Gilgamesh, you can play a huge chunk of the game without the download.
And as long as you have 13,1GB of free space on your Switch's internal memory you don't even need a microSD card to play the full game.

Of course it's recommended to download the 13,1GB if not for the rest of the game then at least for the patch that fixes the irritating out-of-sync issue of the vanilla version.

Gilgamesh

SKTTR

It's weird, the back of my L.A. Noire box says the game requires a 7GB download, when in reality it's 13,1GB.
It also says (C) 2006 - 2017. 2006? Wasn't this released in 2011 originally?

On the other hand, DOOM's back of the box says the game requires a 9GB download for the online multiplayer, when in reality it's just 7,7GB.

Edited on by SKTTR

Hughesy

@SKTTR The date goes from when they trademarked the name and started making the game 😉

NEStalgia

@SKTTR That's REALLY interesting you can play a good chunk of the game without the download! That might have convinced me to actually buy it on Switch instead of PS4 (if I can hunt it down...Best Buy I guess? Thanks, Amazon!)

I wonder how much of the game IS cut off without the download?

Also interesting that the back of the box so under-listed what was required while Doom overlisted?

@JaxonH That situation is WAAAY better than how it was originally presented. Granted, I'm still not stoked about a 14GB download...that's just a little too big to be considered "reasonable", and 2K bears some of the brunt of this, but Nintendo bears most of the brunt with their cartridge pricing (they SERIOUSLY should not be charging different prices for carts....the "right sized" cart should be part of the licensing agreement, and the cost should be borne by Nintendo as a cost of doing Switch business)). I don't want this model to succeed.

However, slight credit goes to 2K for making the game actually playable on the cart to an extent and not making it merely an "unlock code and download booster" for a digital game. A game that, say 10 years from now when Switch's servers are shut down that I can still pop in on the fly and return to some of the places and get the feel is still not valueless, so that's a plus.

I still will not accept that method long term and hope that Nintendo comes to their senses and fixes this mess rather than milking every last penny from their vendors like it's 1985. But at least I MAY still choose this for Switch instead of PS4 as a result of it being playable.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Hughesy I remember this game being in development heck for a LONG time, the running meme that it was vaporware, and the obsession in PC circles with the facial animation tech. And the developer infamously shuttering right after launch because one game every 6 years just wasn't enough to keep the lights on

NEStalgia

SKTTR

So, after some time with the game, there's two issues I have with the controls.

First, the shooting/aiming is weird. It's complicated (or I don't get the hang of it). I just disabled "Auto Aim" to see if the game will now do what I want because maybe it blocked my aiming freedom.

Second, when enabling Motion Controls, why the heck is the camera then gyro controlled as well? They should update and make this a separate option. I wanna keep motion controls for the aiming and stuff, but the camera should not be affected by it.

"Automatic Camera" was irritating as well, but at least you can disable it.

Edited on by SKTTR

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Pretty much my thoughts.

And the fact the PS4 version is 4gb on disc with a 13gb download, there's really no reason to get it for any platform but the Switch.

Spoony_Tech

Except for it's still $10 cheaper on other formats.

MERG said:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.