Forums

Topic: L.A. Noire - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 459

JaxonH

@SKTTR
The fact it's $10 more for physical, but not digital, tells me it most definitely will all be on the cart.

And that's ok with me. I'd much rather have a pittly markup to get the whole game, a markup that will quickly become irrelevant after price drops, than deal with downloading part of the game.

Obviously for games exceeding 30gb there's no other option. And for those, just getting single player on cart works for me (cause MP will eventually be obsolete anyways, so what does it matter)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SKTTR

There is another option. A 64GB cartridge.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Drommajin

@SKTTR I hope L.A. Noire comes 100% in the cartridge since we'll be paying U$ 10 more for it.

About the future games doing what NBA 2K18 did, I can say that I'm very concerned about this too.

Drommajin

JaxonH

@SKTTR
64gb carts don't exist. And there's probably a reason for that. 64gb microSD cost around $25. Now yes, carts are larger, read only and bought in bulk, but even so I'm sure we can imagine the expense that would come with it. Even 32gb carts are being used sparingly.

I think a 48gb cart would be a happy middle ground though. I doubt it'll ever happen, but maybe a 24gb cart could fill the gap between 16 and 32. Perhaps if there were a cheaper stepping stone to 32 devs would be more likely to use it.

No matter. Most games will be all on the cart, by and large. Only the very large games and compilations will require additional download and even those will be playable from cart.

So I don't think it'll be too much of an issue. Only from 2k. Not from anyone else.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Saw that. And it's already a good looking game, so this one will be a great release it seems

SKTTR

Any news about L.A. Noire's physical release?

2K Games / 2K Sports is a part of Take-Two Interactive, and they released NBA 2K18, an unpolished port on a cartridge that was too small (even though they had the option to put the game on a cartridge that can hold the whole game).

Now, Rockstar Games is also a part of Take-Two Interactive. And that's why the alarm bells are ringing.
Will they release it on a 1GB cartridge, for us to download the other 31GB's?
I hope Rockstar is actually the more intelligent part under Take-Two's wings. They'll give us full physical video games for Switch without cheaping out, don't they?

L.A. Noire for Switch is coming out in 32 days.

kkslider5552000

SKTTR wrote:

2K Games / 2K Sports is a part of Take-Two Interactive, and they released NBA 2K18, an unpolished port on a cartridge that was too small (even though they had the option to put the game on a cartridge that can hold the whole game).

Now, Rockstar Games is also a part of Take-Two Interactive.

In theory, this is a logical conclusion to come to but I don't think it is. Mainly because one of these games is 6 years old.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

link3710

@Inertiacreep It's called Gamer's club unlocked. You pay $30 every 2 years, and get 20% off all new software, and a lot accessories like Amiibos.

link3710

Inertiacreep

Damn i hadn't heard of that.. pay $30 now and get 2 years of 20% off any new game?

Inertiacreep

JaxonH

Right. And not just 20% off, but select games also get $10 back in reward points for preordering, like Super Mario Odyssey, NBA 2k18 and FIFA 18. Which effectively makes it like $37.99 day one. And if you sign up for their CC, that's another 5% back.

I'm getting L.A. Noire for $37.99 day one (20% off + 5% back with CC)

SKTTR

I see L.A. Noire is USK 16 (German rating) and PEGI 18 (UK rating).
Does that mean the German version is cut?

On that matter, what are the chances for other Switch games with graphic violence (Skyrim, DOOM, Wolfenstein II) to be cut in Germany?

I know I had to import the uncut UK versions of Dead Space Extraction, Scarface: The World Is Yours, and Resident Evil 4 (for Wii) because the German versions were cut.

Octane

@SKTTR Wolfenstein is going to be censored for certain if Bethesda wants to release it in Germany.

Octane

SKTTR

I heard in the original release of L.A. Noire, in certain cases the ragdoll physics were removed from the German version, is that true?

So, just in case, I better import L.A. Noire, Skyrim, DOOM, Wolfenstein II and other similar games from the UK by default.

Edited on by SKTTR

Nintendoforlife

SKTTR wrote:

So, just in case, I better import L.A. Noire, Skyrim, DOOM, Wolfenstein II and other similar games from the UK by default.

I believe once the trailer was released, the main promo image you see everywhere had the Swastikas in the background removed. So I assume similar censoring in that aspect will be very sensitive in the German versions of the game. I'm not sure how much that would affect the age rating, but then again the standards of countries of what's acceptable differ greatly.

Edited on by Nintendoforlife

Nintendoforlife

Octane

@SKTTR I don't think you need to worry about games like L.A. Noire and Skyrim. WWII-related games are the only ones have to be censored by law (iirc).

Octane

Nintendoforlife

Tsurii wrote:

@Nintendoforlife they remove the swastikas because they have to. It's straight-up illegal, for very obvious reasons, to have those things on anything short of historical photos/video material or art (there night be another exception or two but those are the two big ones)

Yeah, but again I don't know how much the censorship affects the rating. Is that what ups it to 18+? I doubt it considering the swearing alone, in my opinion, would place it there. There clearly is something deeper being taken out, or your standards just aren't as strict.

Edited on by Nintendoforlife

Nintendoforlife

Octane

@Nintendoforlife We're talking about L.A. Noire here. There are no swastikas in that game. And yeah, USK probably has different standards, but at the same time I feel that games rated by PEGI can be a bit random too. Why are some games only 12+ and some 16+? Even though they may contain the same amount of violence, swearing, etc.

Octane

JaxonH

IGN Review for L.A. Noire, which is likely the exact version we're getting on Switch so this review should be dead on, aside from the added perk of playing in handheld mode and tabletop.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.