Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 621 to 640 of 642

Ralizah

@belmont I take "performance" to mean framerate. Obviously they won't target 60fps, but a solid 30fps is fine, too.

I enjoyed the PC version of this well enough, but, if I'm being honest, the disgraceful Switch port (which ended up being the version most people experienced, lol) has put me off any future games from this developer for the time being. Small issues that didn't crop up in playtesting is one thing. Underwhelming performance in one area or another can also be forgiven, since not every developer is going to be equally adept at working the hardware. To have a version with THIS many issues, though, indicates that there was likely no playtesting at all. They just shipped out whatever mess of a game was cobbled together at launch and hoped that this issue would resolve itself.

It's especially ironic after Igarashi and Co. marketed themselves heavily as being pro-consumer. That kind of pandering only works if you're ACTUALLY pro-consumer, though.

Saber Interactive and CDProjektRed could oversee the production of a Switch version of a game that still manages to perform decently despite being vastly more demanding, but Igarashi and whoever he farmed this port out to couldn't manage to get a 2.5D sidescroller working properly on the same hardware. Pathetic.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

belmont

@Ralizah By performance I mean framerate and loading times. The framerate is well bad in most areas. The character models look like lifeless upscaled 3ds images.

I tried the game some more. If you lose and load or change areas loadtimes are still an issue imho. Being one of the first backers I took a close look in the development. They promised things that seemed impossible like porting game engines (!) in the Wii U and PS Vita and giving them open source to other developers! I also saw the critisism in older builds etc.

In the end of the day I really love this game. I love the setting, the characters, the battle system, the crafting. It is one of my favourite games of this generation but I played on PS4 Pro and on an average laptop. Apart from some framerate dips there was no problem in the game. The Switch version came later in the development cycle after they ditched the Wii U and Vita ports and had less time to make it. They could just delay it if the backers agreed, I most certainly would agree to delay the Switch port to polish it if they made a poll about it.

belmont

CanisWolfred

The game's still pretty choppy at times, especially the further in you go. The clockwork area was nearly unplayable. I was having a great time up to that point, though. This does have the makings of a great game, they just need to optimize it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

GameOtaku

For what the game was at launch its not really all that bad. I managed to complete the game in a few weeks of launch.

GameOtaku

EvilLucario

Is input lag really gone? It kinda still felt crappy compared to PC. I did another comparison between 30fps limit on PC and 1.04, and Switch still felt worse.

Idk, maybe I need to try it again but honestly play the game on PC if you can. Every console has some sort of trouble here, so PC can completely solve that issue with instant load times and unlocked framerates beyond 60fps.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

EvilLucario wrote:

Is input lag really gone? It kinda still felt crappy compared to PC. I did another comparison between 30fps limit on PC and 1.04, and Switch still felt worse.

Idk, maybe I need to try it again but honestly play the game on PC if you can. Every console has some sort of trouble here, so PC can completely solve that issue with instant load times and unlocked framerates beyond 60fps.

It's still there in some areas, I guess? Or maybe that's just regular lag, since they also do that in those specific places. Like the outdoor parts of the clockwork tower.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Bucky

The game is on sale at Gamestop for $17 dollars today, so I finally pulled the trigger

Edited on by Bucky

Bucky

NintendoByNature

I really need to start remembering this new game stop sales thing. @Bucky when is it? Wednesdays and Saturdays or something?

NintendoByNature

Magician

Update 1.04 expected sometime in January.

I still haven't fired the game up yet in anticipation of this update.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-...

Switch Physical Collection - 598 games (as of May 29th, 2020)
Currently playing: The Grisaia Trilogy (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Magician

Update 1.10 just went live in Murica.

The Zangetsu update.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

BruceCM

Heh, I've just replayed it on Steam for that ..... Will come back to try him sometime

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Dezzy

So how is the Switch performance at this point in time? I still haven't played it at all so wanna know which console to go for when I do?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DenDen

Tnx going to try this one again with the new weapon!

Now playing
Switch : Animal Crossing new Horizon.
Streets of rage 4
Trials of mana
FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

rallydefault

Dezzy wrote:

So how is the Switch performance at this point in time? I still haven't played it at all so wanna know which console to go for when I do?

Also looking for this answer.

rallydefault

JaxonH

rallydefault wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Also looking for this answer.

I just started a new game, got up to the first boss, made into the castle base where you can craft. So I haven’t played that much but, so far so good. The input lag from when it first released is gone. Framerate seemed fine (and I do remember seeing some slight stutters when the game first launched but I’m not sure if it’s fixed due to this update or a previous update because I really haven’t come back to the game until now).

But ya. It seems fine.

PLAYING
NS: Xenoblade, Bioshock, Borderlands 2, XCOM 2, Shantae Seven Sirens, Bug Fables
PC: Gears Tactics

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Paper Mario Origami King, Trails of Cold Steel 3, Bravely Default II
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

DenDen

Game plays a lot smoother now, never had a problem with it in the first place, but its better now

Now playing
Switch : Animal Crossing new Horizon.
Streets of rage 4
Trials of mana
FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Magician

@rallydefault - even after multiple patches, the game still has a degree of sloppiness. Frame rate stuttering, intermittent loading screens, input lag, etc. It makes the overall experience feel slightly marred. This game could have been something special.

As it stands, it's a good-but-not-great metroidvania.

NintendoByNature

After about a year since I played thru it, I popped it in and downloaded the update. Before I get xc:De I'll play a little of this with zengetsu.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic